Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lets be real here... about the orbiter

Sagna

The current "orbiter" has got to go, its completed it "lifetime" the game has grown exponentially since it was introduced and we still only have that? in concept the orbiter is H U G E yet we still only have access (with no hint to other places) 3 rooms ???? so we are using like 10% of it???
Also, it just feels "dead", i mean for a ship that large is it seriously just us on it?

I think that the orbiter can be replaced with the completed railjack or at least based on it, it would be nice to see other people/bots walking on the ship as well doing random stuff, more space/levels something to feel more alive, mor customization (not just decorations), i mean come on, its been 4 years and the christmas/lanter/prime ship decoration still only affects the top part?? i mean really?? that just seems a bit lazy imo.

Edit: tl;dr current orbiter needs an overhaul imo.

Edited by Sagna
  • Like 3

I really only agree that the orbiter feels like it needs a "crew" or the pets and sentinels roaming around a bit more. The orbiter is still lore tho... A near perfect stealth ship you launch from that houses the operator and all equipment he needs to run his missions

• Like 3

If the concept art etc is anything to go by the Orbiter isn't really much bigger then what we currently have.

Does it "Need" to go though? NO. seems a little bit excessive to remove it when its so inexplicably tied to the game and its mechanics. I honestly feel its a tad dramatic to nuke the orbiter on these points alone. Makes zero sense.

That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to us being able to use the railjack for more mundane tasks etc. Nor would I be opposed to the Orbiter having more functionality tied to it. I can say with a fair amount of confidence that the Orbiter is going to have more functionality added to it in the future and we KNOW that its going to be improved. Why do you think we recently got a wear and tear slider which is going to apply to the rest of the interior soon, with a new shiny look?

The point is that we don't know exactly where things will go. Either way, it fine for these two things to share some cross over and also have their own functionality

You can pry my love shack from my cold dead hands.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

2 minutes ago, DarthIronclad said:

Wonder what is the actual size of the orbiter...my guess is around the size of the millennium falcon

Heccin huge, 

kqrysghbkeq21.png

That tiny thing at the very front just under that red line is the Lander

Edited by Oreades

14 minutes ago, (PS4)M82BFG said:

I really only agree that the orbiter feels like it needs a "crew" or the pets and sentinels roaming around a bit more. The orbiter is still lore tho... A near perfect stealth ship you launch from that houses the operator and all equipment he needs to run his missions

6 minutes ago, seprent said:

Touch my cozy space cabin and i will slap you with a salmon 

just to be clear here, im not wanting the orbiter to really get gone, i just want to see it overhauled, more life, a little bit more space (rooms), for exemple, i would fcking pay a ton for an Arsenal room, with the warframe manequins (kinda like ironman's suit room) and weapons on a shelf, that would be insane, the one we hae now really seems limited, in terms of design and creativity.

The orbiter is our sanctuary, having other people there defeats the purpose. It's our private getaway, no uninvited guests.

6 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I'm just hoping at the very least that we aren't going to have to log into the dojo to access our railjacks to then load into railjack content.

There's an access hatch in the hallways at the back of the orbiter, I believe that's where the railjack will dock for quick access. The drydock will be used for customizing it tho.

Edited by GruntBlender

6 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I'm just hoping at the very least that we aren't going to have to log into the dojo to access our railjacks to then load into railjack content.

We see in the Tennocon 2019 trailer that you can dock a Railjack to the Orbiter. There was also an 'enter railjack' prompt that snuck in a while back.

2 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Heccin huge, 

kqrysghbkeq21.png

The entire back half looks like engines other systems and the middle doesn't look like it adds much more scale wise, so not that big as far as i can tell. Unless the scaling is wack

1 minute ago, GruntBlender said:

The orbiter is our sanctuary, having other people there defeats the purpose. It's our private getaway, no uninvited guests.

There's an access hatch in the hallways at the back of the orbiter, I believe that's where the railjack will dock for quick access. The drydock will be used for customizing it tho.

As long as I don't have to sit through a billion (yay hyperbolic modifiers) loading screens to get to the content then everything is gravy. 

1 minute ago, GruntBlender said:

so then robots, repair moas, anything else to make it more alive.

Just now, StinkyPygmy said:

The entire back half looks like engines other systems and the middle doesn't look like it adds much more scale wise, so not that big as far as i can tell. Unless the scaling is wack

Well that's also going off of what that person is guessing is the layout. Given how the scale of the orbiter is when we're walking around it I wouldn't be surprised if their guesstimate of the scale is significantly off. Where the Oriber Entry/foundry etc section could be all three of the zones or darn close to it, more of the size of the yellow circle. Which leaves a massive area that is totally unused and while the back does appear to be mostly engines the center section that is currently unused could fit quite a few orbiters. 

9 minutes ago, Sagna said:

just to be clear here, im not wanting the orbiter to really get gone, i just want to see it overhauled, more life, a little bit more space (rooms), for exemple, i would fcking pay a ton for an Arsenal room, with the warframe manequins (kinda like ironman's suit room) and weapons on a shelf, that would be insane, the one we hae now really seems limited, in terms of design and creativity.

Your spared the wrath of the salmon 

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Well that's also going off of what that person is guessing is the layout. Given how the scale of the orbiter is when we're walking around it I wouldn't be surprised if their guesstimate of the scale is significantly off. Where the Oriber Entry/foundry etc section could be all three of the zones or darn close to it, more of the size of the yellow circle. Which leaves a massive area that is totally unused and while the back does appear to be mostly engines the center section that is currently unused could fit quite a few orbiters. 

Theres official concept art of the orbiter floating around and its about the same. Dunno, doesn't look much bigger to me, but opinions and stuff. I'd be VERY surprised if it was bigger then the railjack. Its certainly not HUGE.

5 minutes ago, Oreades said:

As long as I don't have to sit through a billion (yay hyperbolic modifiers) loading screens to get to the content then everything is gravy. 

I believe it'll load the railjack interior along with the orbiter, so no extra loading screens, just a transition.

5 minutes ago, Sagna said:

so then robots, repair moas, anything else to make it more alive.

Now there's an idea. There's an assembly area in the revamped Alad V assassination where you see stuff behind windows, something like that would work. A storage bay for all our resources too, since I've heard rumors of railjacks needing upkeep. Something like space fuel refinery.

1 hour ago, StinkyPygmy said:

The scaling is whack, the tiiiny part under the red circle is the navigation room which looks incredibly small in that pic.

29 minutes ago, GruntBlender said:

Which never really made sense since the Liset is too small to have the Orbiter's bridge in it and we now have other landers.

Thats because the orbiters bridge isnt in the Liset... The Liset is just a drop pod essentially. And it docks onto the orbiter. 

9 hours ago, Oreades said:

Heccin huge, 

kqrysghbkeq21.png

That blue area (3rd door) leads to the living quarter. Where you have your fish tank and somachord. How is this a riddle?

1 hour ago, IamLoco said:

That blue area (3rd door) leads to the living quarter. Where you have your fish tank and somachord. How is this a riddle?

I dunno, I guess the riddle is where I said I implied anything was a riddle?

Firstly this isn't my image it's a fairly well known image that's been floating around for quite a while. Maybe if you'd googled "Warframe Orbiter" you might have stumbled across like the literal first google image return. 

Secondly, in the event this was my image it would be a safe assumption that if I had marked the 3rd door as "???" that I probably wouldn't have completed TWW and thus not had the lander segment to unlock that door. But I'm guessing that if you didn't take the time to google "Warframe Orbiter" you likely didn't take the time to /profile either. 

Finally even if you had bothered to /profile it could be a pretty easy assumption that I could simply be someone who respects spoilers tho for the record I am not. At least spoilers that are both that old and plastered all over the Wiki. 

Summation, the riddle is where you think there is a riddle in any of that?