Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should chat have a built in translator?

DarthIronclad

This has prob gonna be a issue,and is already a problem in the game...and with railjack coming soon,it could be a bigger issue.

Main issue is some languages,especially something that is not directly typeable by a typical US keyboard,will end up a stars in chat...something like this: ********

As someone in the asian region,i see this a lot,and ofc i have no idea what they are saying,as they could be telling me to do something important without me even knowing due to this issue...

• Like 1

Depends on the "translator"; i play in french language, but still speaking englsih - I wish the french variant of the [item] that I made (or the variant in the language of the other players) was universaly translated for all the squad.

Think of this : I get a relic, try to look at it - I have to tape [relique neo o1] ; while the others will have to write [relic neo o1] to see the blue-link.

Items are by nature within the game / datas; having a universal translator for them would make it easier for all languages (even if it will still trouble me when I know the english name (as weeping wound & crimson derviche) and not the french counterpart (mostly when they are badly translated too 😄 )

English: can I trade my Anasa with your Chassis Prime part?

German: Kann Ich tauschen mein Ananas mit dein Fahrgestell alkoholisierten Teil? (Can I trade my pineapple with your landing gear alcoholized part?)

Eh, nah. I have seen enough bad translations during my bilingual days.

Edited by NoSpax

Translating anything to all possible languages would be expensive and most likely very inaccurate. The thing that could work is having a few phrases that you can select and are then translated to whatever language the player has their client set on. FFXIV has this and it helps when in a group where people don't speak English.