Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best element for kuva kohm

(PSN)tissot555

Question

13 answers to this question

You will be going for a 100% status build, which you cannot get that easily without all 4 dual stat mods. This in turn makes it pointless to pick a single stat and claim it is better. Electric and toxin will go into your corrosive, heat and cold into blast.

Therefore i chose radiation for mine, gives me 1 more damage type some enemies (mostly grineer) are weak to.

Going heat and corrosive is the new thing since you strip armor like stealing candy from a toddler. I'd rather not have to wait for the heat ticks to get that armor gone and just kill them with a bit more raw dmg.

Edited by Quimoth

15 minutes ago, Quimoth said:

You will be going for a 100% status build, which you cannot get that easily without all 4 dual stat mods. This in turn makes it pointless to pick a single stat and claim it is better. Electric and toxin will go into your corrosive, heat and cold into blast.

Therefore i chose radiation for mine, gives me 1 more damage type some enemies (mostly grineer) are weak to.

Going heat and corrosive is the new thing since you strip armor like stealing candy from a toddler. I'd rather not have to wait for the heat ticks to get that armor gone and just kill them with a bit more raw dmg.

But with the bump to status doesnt a 120 riven and two 60/60 mods take it 100%?

Edited by (PS4)tissot555

Since Kohm is a shotgun, you have access to Motus Setup which make 100% status chance easier to reach, and Primed Charged Shell exist, so you don't really want to use Shell Shock. With the 30% base status chance, if your Riven have more than +74% status chance you can use a single elemental mod to reach 100% status chance, so you can for example mod for corrosive (with Toxic Barrage + Primed Charged Shell for example) and have remaining slots for whatever you want.

At first glance, having heat Kuva bonus since great since you have both corrosive and heat with the same amount of mod, but it's not totally true. Let imagine your weapon has 100 base damage, +60% heat vs +60% toxin and you mod for corrosive with Toxic Barrage + Primed Charged Shell :

• The heat one get 100 IPS, 60 heat and 360 corrosive which mean 43.9% chances of corrosive. Over 12 pellets it's 5 corrosive procs per shots
  • The toxin one get 100 IPS and 420 corrosive, which mean 51.2% chance of corrosive. Over 12 pellets it's 6 corrosive procs per shots.

The difference sounds low, but a single corrosive proc is x0.75 of the current target armor applying for each proc, vs x0.5 applying once for heat, which is great with low firerate and low pellets counts, but with additionnal multishot and the high firerate Kohm, corrosive rapidely become a lot better.

Taking example of my Kuva Drakgoon (which is a shotgun reaching 100% status chance too), and a much higher pellet count with my Riven (37), the number of corrosive procs loss with heat instead of toxin rapidely make the heat proc worthless, meaning full corrosive is much better.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

I'm not yet fimiliar with the recent heat changes. I'm seeing lots of threads suggest getting heat over toxin as the bonus on kuva weapons and this surprises me. 

If I have a kohm riven with 120 status chance, would heat be the best bonus element and would I then build for corrosive and heat?

I am focusing on putting Radiation on all my Kuva Weapons ,that way i can build for Corrosive + Radiation + Cold/Heat depending on the weapon. Since Kohm is a Shotgun, i can easily build it for Cor/Rad/Heat as the Blaze mod adds heat and with my current Riven i easily pass the 100% Status chance.

Ignoring Rivens and Motus Setup, you're going to be running 4 status mods to reach 100%. You can run Corrosive Blast or Viral Radiation since it has slash weighting. Every base element is just going to increase certain status weighting. Radiation can be used as a random proc alongside Corrosive Blast and Magnetic can also be used alongside Viral Radiation. We pretend that Impact doesn't exist.

2 hours ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

I'm not yet fimiliar with the recent heat changes. I'm seeing lots of threads suggest getting heat over toxin as the bonus on kuva weapons and this surprises me. 

If I have a kohm riven with 120 status chance, would heat be the best bonus element and would I then build for corrosive and heat?

First thing,  kuva weapons have a riven dispo of 3, so that 120% will be around  90% meaning that you still need 3 dual stats, i like corrosive and fire really hate blast with the knock back, toxin, electric, fire seem to be the most wanted bonus but it's up to you. 

Edited by (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO

14 hours ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

First thing,  kuva weapons have a riven dispo of 3, so that 120% will be around  90% meaning that you still need 3 dual stats, i like corrosive and fire really hate blast with the knock back, toxin, electric, fire seem to be the most wanted bonus but it's up to you. 

Yea I realized this after the post. Kind of a bummer but oh well. 

Actually, the 100% status is not always what you want. Up until a certain level which I cannot tell specifically, maybe around 250 as a guess, Kohm setups with corrosive damage and very high status close to but not reaching 100% will outdamage the true 100% before MS by a noticeable margin, because of the mod number limitation and because corrosive will lose a lot of damage once the armor is gone so it's best to keep some of it longer. That is speaking against armor.

As for choosing between the new heat and toxin, I would stick with toxin if you are below 100%, but if you go for true 100% then you'll be getting those procs every time and this is something I have not tested yet. Just trying to imagine how it would work in my mind I think that a 100 corrosive+heat will outdamage the pure corrosive in the long run, because once the armor is gone corrosive will instantly lose a lot of damage against pure health while heat will gain some and heat removes armor as well.   

Edited by DarthKadra

19 hours ago, (PS4)tissot555 said:

I made this thread specifically talking about rivens 🤣

If by chance you have a Kohm riven, try to roll for Status chance (compulsory) and base damage/multishot. If you riven had base damage, use Hell's Chamber ; if your riven has Multishot, use (Primed) Point Blank. Don't use both! Then you insert three 60/60 mods for 100% status chance. 1 slot for (Amalgam) Shotgun Spazz, last slots for Blunderbuss and Primed Ravage.

Kuva Kohm has high enough crit rate for crit build. Its fire rate is very fast which 35% crit rate on Blunderbuss is enough to spray a lot of crit hits.

P/s: Only go for crit if you already acquired Primed Ravage from Baro, otherwise last 2 slots for Vigilante Armaments, Blaze, or (Primed) Point Blank / Hell's Chamber due to riven.