Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Is A Heavy Unit Approaching

Akateko

Say that while playing in a higher level mission, where those "silly rocket guy or napalm dude" can instantly knock you on your &#! and OHKO you with their silly little rockets and napalm throwers.

Also keep in mind not everyone that's playing this game are used to or have the equipment powerful enough to negate these guys at mid or even lower levels. People on this forum need to stop thinking about themselves and their own gear/experience, and start thinking about others that may not have played as long.

I for one have seen a squad of tenno wiped by a heavy grineer. Not 4 guys with rank 3 frames. 4 mastery 8+ guys in their best warframes getting wiped by a 190 bombard.

Or bring by cyber soldiers from Dark Sector... now those guys would make an awesome TRUE heavy unit. Since you had to destroy the generators on their back first before you could even damage them, and would switch off between rocket launcher, and machine gun.

223482.png

I would be scared if these guys popped up amongst Grineer ranks.

At high levels(100+), the Napalm guys can lay down some effective areal denial, creating dynamic environmental hazard zones that can down most frames if they're not looking where they're running. If they add DoTs to that fire, it'll make things even more interesting.

The fire already has DoT. It doesn't go away after it explodes, it stays there for an extended period of time. If you get knocked down by them and then hit by fire at that level you're pretty much dead.

Or bring by cyber soldiers from Dark Sector... now those guys would make an awesome TRUE heavy unit. Since you had to destroy the generators on their back first before you could even damage them, and would switch off between rocket launcher, and machine gun.

223482.png

It honestly looks more like a Corpus thing.

*Ensue incoming Derfplant*

i kinda agree. i dnt see making the heavies that much stronger as a solution.

but damn, when you are pushing extra time on survival and every enemy is a heavy, lotus needs to stfu

"something is wrong, a heavy is approaching"

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG LOTUS, NOTHING AT ALL

223482.png

Krill is that you ?

Heavy units should strike terror and fear into the hearts of players. 

Right now they're just a joke that can be easily beaten with abilties.

Radial blind essentially makes em sitting ducks, freeze makes them sitting ducks, molecular prime makes them waaay easier to kill...

They're just too easy to deal with, and they're more a nuisance then they are a challenge. They should be an exciting mini-tiny-boss, rather than some large version of a scrub soldier with a pimped out weapon.

Been there, died many times :)

Lotus constantly states that both the jackal and hyena are trouble for tenno, yet none of us have met them in the field. Just that little room where they hide out..

So what is this thread really about?  Tougher naplam, etc., units?  Or, hyena/jackal in the field?

Heavy units should strike terror and fear into the hearts of players. 

Right now they're just a joke that can be easily beaten with abilties.

Radial blind essentially makes em sitting ducks, freeze makes them sitting ducks, molecular prime makes them waaay easier to kill...

They're just too easy to deal with, and they're more a nuisance then they are a challenge. They should be an exciting mini-tiny-boss, rather than some large version of a scrub soldier with a pimped out weapon.

LOOK OUT THERE'S A NAPALM BEHIND YOU!

Speeches in the whole game need a big fix.

Would be cool if Lotus also referred to the map, where you're supposed to go, certain rooms - how many enemies there are etc.
As well as bossessss respecting every little thing that tenno has with them.

Multiple lvl 200 scorchers from every doorway sound enough? I've been having a enough time passing 15 mins in survival because by that time napalms bombards and HGs are spawning by pairs. Sounds cool for corpus survival though.

I don't mind the warning, I mind the "Something's wrong" part. That drives me crazy. Why is it wrong? We set of the alarm or have been killing them. That's not wrong. That's rather expected. Something wrong would be, "Something's wrong, I'm not detecting anything on sensors" followed by a huge mofo mini boss walking out.