Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gore and Frame blood splatter effect.

Bacl

Considering the game it is nice (well not a psychopath i swear) to chop, eviscerate, decapitate or simply cleave anything standing in front of you cleanly in two using either very nasty rage weapons or the very satisfying melee ones. Gore is good (in a game).

Now the blood splatter effect on our frames however... I play Atlas a lot with mostly ranged weapons but more often than not i have so much stuff shooting at me at once all i see is very big blood droplets all over my screen making aiming or even using a shotgun rather, interesting.

Can we have the frame blood splatter effect on another slider in the settings instead of having everything on the "gore toggle"?

IF i can push things even further, i recently noticed that Rhino ironskin damage effect is now sparks instead of the blue glow of before, THIS IS AWESOME!

So i was wondering if we could edit and choose the damage effect on each frame as a extra layer of customization? I would use the spark effect on many frames given the opportunity but other effects similar to ephemeras would be nice too, i know i might be pushing on the second part but it would be a cool addition.

Are you aware of the Bloodshed sigil? As you take damage over the course of a mission your frame will slowly become covered in blood with it equipped.

IIRC you can get it from either the Garuda bundle, or as a drop from the Exploiter Orb.

Edit: Oh, sorry. Misinterpreted the point of the thread. Yeah, a slider would be nice.

Edited by Corvid

You might want to check Garuda's pack on the market. It gives you a special gore based item.

That said, I'd still welcome more gory stuff. I always felt strange the fact that Garuda ripping enemies at melee range doesn't make her look bloodier, but apparently this is only tied to her passive.

4 minutes ago, D20 said:

You might want to check Garuda's pack on the market. It gives you a special gore based item.

That said, I'd still welcome more gory stuff. I always felt strange the fact that Garuda ripping enemies at melee range doesn't make her look bloodier, but apparently this is only tied to her passive.

I dont want to change the gore in any shape or form other than affecting the blood splatter effect on our frames to another optional slider. Like i said sometimes i get shot by so many enemies at once all i see is blood splatter on my screen...

1 hour ago, Bacl said:

I dont want to change the gore in any shape or form other than affecting the blood splatter effect on our frames to another optional slider. Like i said sometimes i get shot by so many enemies at once all i see is blood splatter on my screen...

But I do :3

Gimme Brutal Warframe, and set clean up processes to be client side, where I get to decide if I want the dead to stick around or not.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

I don't even know when they added the new bullet effects but I noticed them a few weeks ago and it blows my mind just how satisfying shots are now. One of the absolute weakest parts of the game's graphics were its terrible decals, with the decal limit bugging out often and after long enough sessions, would no longer allow more than maybe one blood stain and a handful of bullet holes around.

The new blood particles really should get a separate slider, I agree. Blasting someone in the face up close with a shotgun can make your framerate tank for a moment because of all the particles right up in the screen.

As for more gore things, I'm super surprised they haven't yet given the Bleeding Body Ephemera the ground effect that Garuda gets while holding her Seeking Talons. It would turn it from one of the funkier looking ephemeras to one of the absolute best ones. And as always, I hope for complete model remasters for gore across all enemy types, with higher precision for location damage and perhaps even damage types influencing what kind of wounds happen. Like deep holes when a Puncture procs happens, chunks unevenly split on Impact deaths, and of course more even slices on Slash deaths.