The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Empyrean: Economy Feedback Megathread

SilverBones

The resource economy really shows up in the scarlet spear murex raids. You're always low on something (cubic diodes in my case, I am going to have to farm them!) that isn't dropping. So someone has to go out, and not merely collect resources, but often actually stop engaging in the main part of combat all together to fly off and crack open rocks, or bombs, or turrets on rocks. And then hope they get the right drop for what they need. 

I have a few suggestions. Firstly, take a page from your own book: A lone Tenno operative raids a ship for supplies. 

Let us hit up a few caches/hidden pockets in crew ships and the like for a chunk of resources--it will give us a reason to do more than yeet in, blow the reactor, and yeet out in under a minute. 

Also, maybe mini extractors (to use up our alloy plate)? Plop it on a rock, or even an enemy ship and then guard it. 

EDIT: Further thoughts of spreading out railjacks in various nodes. 

As has been pointed out it seems like you want to encourage people to play as crew on a railjack before sailing off. Problem is that players want to play as high as they can do as to maximize their returns on rewards. Can't get Mk.III on earth or good avionics, the rarer materials are even more rare. There are more enemies in higher levels which means more resources too. 

To that end I would suggest an increase resource drop rate on lower level railjack missions. Not a massive amount but enough that a farming person with a good ship is not uncommon. I'm thinking similar to the experiance I had as a low-mid level player and I'd hit up earth when I needed a quick neurode. 

This can be expanded to making each region have it's own higher drop rate for different kinds of resources, encouraging players to go back and farm instead of just staying in the veil. 

Edited by (PS4)NemitheNem
More thoughts
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The drop rates of the new avionics is downright terrible.

Deep Hold, Turret Velocity, Ordnance Velocity and Cruising Speed are all medium-strength quality of life avionics, yet they've been given drop rates as low as 0.075%.

These drop from non-elite enemies only, so for the most part it requires going out of your way to play lower level, and lower reward missions for the miniscule chance at getting these avionics.

Turret Velocity is currently being listed at 1,000 platinum on the market because it both has a ridiculously low drop rate, and only drops from non-elite Outriders, of which you see at most 2-3 per mission. Requiring on average 1300 kills of that unit is over 650 missions just to have a shot at it dropping.

What's the point in making new avionics if 90% of players aren't even going to see them in the next year?

• Like 1

Please note, this thread has been locked as it has been superseded with the Railjack Revisited update. If you wish to leave feedback, please do so in one of the following:

Railjack Pacing:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1189067-railjack-revisited-part-1-railjack-pacing-feedback-megathread/

Railjack Balance:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1189069-railjack-revisited-part-1-railjack-balance-feedback-megathread/

Railjack Tools:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1189071-railjack-revisited-part-1-railjack-tools-feedback-megathread/

Thank you!