The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

December 2019 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

32 minutes ago, Komodo_Saurian said:

I got my rivens day 1, before the announcement.

They have applied changes retroactively and announced said changes after I've already invested.

I want my rivens back or my money back. 

They have over 3 years announcing that Rivens are subjective to retroactive nerfs. Just because you are not told before hand which specific weapon is going to get nerfed does not invalidate the warning of a Riven nerf per se. Also, they didn't sell you the Riven. If you want your money back then by all means track down the player who sold you that Riven and demand compensation. 

I've seen your post history, so please drop the surprise indignation gimmick act already. You've been doing this for a year now. Either accept it, move on, or leave the game. This is the Riven system working as advertised regardless of you liking it or not.

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

They by all means come back in March with the next round of adjustments and act all surprised again. You're the only one to blame for any plat you spend on Rivens until then. 

I will. I do it every time. If they aren't going to change anything on their end, then I won't change anything on my end either. Lets see who is more stubborn.

And honestly I love how you are somehow personally offended by this. Never change.

Just now, Komodo_Saurian said:

I will. I do it every time. If they aren't going to change anything on their end, then I won't change anything on my end either. Lets see who is more stubborn.

And honestly I love how you are somehow personally offended by this. Never change.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

On 2019-12-29 at 6:42 PM, Komodo_Saurian said:

Ah come on, man, that's just sad. You started out arguing so well and now you are responding with "I give up" catchphrases. Better luck next time I guess.

honestly i don't understand these kinds of players that complain about Rivens. DE had clearly stated for years that riven disposition will change depending on usage and there is nothing you can do about it. i am just like you a year ago where i hated when my riven i worked so hard for gets nerfed but guess what.... there are other weapons that gets buffed with higher weapon disposition. i am just like everyone, i want to min max my DPS but i have come to accept that rivens are not meant to increase DPS for already broken and brain dead weapons but rather its supposed to incentivise players to try out less used weapons and maybe harder weapons. and it worked i used to only use Tigris prime for like a year straight and i caused me to be burned out of warframe but now i have dozens of weapons that can be at the same level with tigris prime. so the way i see it i don't mind what DE is doing right now. if you want to the guy who spends 3000 plat on a riven for a gun that is popular you do you. but don't complain once it gets nerfed.

The riven disposition system is far from perfect but it is going to the right direction all i can do is laugh at the countless people crying because of their own incompetence regarding spending an absurd amount of plat on rivens

On 2020-01-02 at 12:52 AM, SagePlaysGames said:

honestly i don't understand these kinds of players that complain about Rivens. DE had clearly stated for years that riven disposition will change depending on usage and there is nothing you can do about it

Like I said time and again, I got mine before disposition was a thing.

For the March disposition changes, you really need to ignore the "one pip at a time" rule for melee weapons and change melee Rivens drastically. There are weapons that have needed their Rivens nerfed for a long time, and for the melee rework to mean anything, you need to nerf them all at once, not a little bit at a time for the next year and a half. On the opposite end of the spectrum, there are weapons that have been out of the meta for so long and yet they still have awful Rivens. The melee rework will mean nothing if these things are not balanced immediately and left to fester for a year. There's ample notice to let people know that melee Rivens will be changing drastically, and people have had plenty of time to prepare for their Rivens to change. Please, DE, don't let Rivens ruin the rework that has made so many weapons and playstyles viable after being nothing but MR fodder for years.

• 1 month later...

Archived