Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2020 should be a year of Fixes,reworks and such

HonorGuard2074

Intro

Howdy,welcome to what is bound to be large when it is all said and done,but anyhow Rahetailus recent video did get me thinking and I decided to post this.

Actual start 

So far in 2019 we got a few good updates,nightwave in Feb,buried debts in march,Plains of Eidolon remaster,the Jovian Concord,Wukong rework

,saint of Altra ,old blood as well as rising tides (this more led up to railjack but I figured I would say it) and finally Empyrean,pretty good year in my opinion ,but I think it is time to step back from fully new content and have a year of reworks,bug hunts,balancing in general among other things to help the game.First off when I refer to reworks and QoL think Wukong's compared to Nyx's ,Wukong got a fairly large change to how he plays and how he feels to play compared to Nyx who had one ability changed (bolts of disarming/itching to the current one) along with her passive (chance to disarm foes when ability was used on them to enemies are less accurate towards her) and a QoL on her absorb making it deal damage types it absorbed,these changes in my mind are more QoL than a full rework and to the point ,a good few warframes could use reworks to try to balance them out as well as some due to how the meta changes (Think vauban's who made him from bad to fairly speaking good).Second off changing new and old systems alike to be a tad more balanced,fun or such ( Think Equinox farming) ,refinement to put it,since many systems could be redone.Thirdly Bug Hunts,simply put warframe did not get the meme of bugframe without some reason,more to the point,a bug hunt every quarter where the devs search for bugs in the game far more actively than normal,simple but helps the game overall.And balance,this one could be for example,lowering the Hema's costs,changing stats on weapons that are over or under performing heavily,changing riven mods,damage 3.0,etc.Hopefully if this is done ,it will help the game for a nice long while helping it in the future.

Going to post more later

• Like 2

il y a 2 minutes, Xzorn a dit :

A thread like this with almost the exact same Title has appeared every year since 2015.

It seems DE would rather run in circles releasing half finished things then having to come back and fix them later.
Over.... and Over.

Wich, let be honnest, seems to be a complete commercial success so far. Player base is expanding and benefits keep rising.

23 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Hell no.

We need new content. F the reworks unless they'll prevent dE from releasing new content. We had a pretty stale year until Raijack. so no. just no.

But now you have both Kuva lich AND Railjack, which are a long long grind.

And just think about it man, imagine them making a overhaul to Survival, defense and excavation missions, same way they did with Disrutpion as well as overhaul to the rewards you're getting.

Imagine them going back to PoE+Fortuna bounties and make them less generic with more interesting rewards

Just try for one second to think what if ESO would be actually worthwhile and fun

It'll almost be like brand new content because you'll finally get a reason to go back to old content. It'll make the foundations of this game so much stronger than they are, you wouldn't even feel the need to get new content every 2 months.

I can't stress enough how good of an idea it is, I agree 100% with this notion, and I think it's absolutely the perfect time for it

20 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

Hell no.

We need new content. F the reworks unless they'll prevent dE from releasing new content. We had a pretty stale year until Raijack. so no. just no.

note I said fully new,So image them redoing things

stale is subjective as well,so I won't try to change your opinion there,But let me ask,if less fully new content comes ,but we get damage 3.0 which changes armor,would that not shake things up? or what about revamping old modes,less good frames getting new reworks to help bring them up some 

Also did you mean to say you rather have rework over new content

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

A thread like this with almost the exact same Title has appeared every year since 2015.

It seems DE would rather run in circles releasing half finished things then having to come back and fix them later.
Over.... and Over.

true,but it would be good to have one every so often 

1 hour ago, Stonehenge said:

Wich, let be honnest, seems to be a complete commercial success so far. Player base is expanding and benefits keep rising.

Stonehenge,In some ways yes,but in others no,but to my point ,this would help warframe grow and allow DE to add things such as endgame modes in the future,to help retain old players among making the game better in many regards (such as making less desired frames better)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

And just think about it man, imagine them making a overhaul to Survival, defense and excavation missions, same way they did with Disrutpion as well as overhaul to the rewards you're getting.

Imagine them going back to PoE+Fortuna bounties and make them less generic with more interesting rewards

Just try for one second to think what if ESO would be actually worthwhile and fun

It'll almost be like brand new content because you'll finally get a reason to go back to old content. It'll make the foundations of this game so much stronger than they are, you wouldn't even feel the need to get new content every 2 months.

I can't stress enough how good of an idea it is, I agree 100% with this notion, and I think it's absolutely the perfect time for it

This guy pretty much voices my opinion

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

I've done kuva liches for 2 days and I'm bored already! 

We do need new content throughout the year so no. 

Well, yes, but it's starting to bite them in the ass.

This year most of the game's coverage was very negative, talking about how stale it was, and I can only hope that the devs are slowly coming to the realization that unless they keep pumping out content every 3 months, the game will get stale pretty quick.
The best way to resolve it is by fixing the foundational building blocks of this game (Endless missions rewards, ESO, Open world bounties, better mods and modding system, etc). That way players will always have what to do, with worthwhile things to go after and new builds to try, and the game won't get stale as fast as it did this year 

11 minutes ago, notMaxAwa said:

I've done kuva liches for 2 days and I'm bored already! 

We do need new content throughout the year so no. 

Right. Kuva liches subjectively bore you, that makes my entire argument about revitalizing huge amount of old content that you don't currently touch- irrelevant.... Right ............. :facepalm:

Edited by (PS4)SrebX
  • Like 1

A temporary one I'd wager. I've seen this many times before. It's common with F2P games actually.

Due to their income type they cannot make money unless they add things. They're incredibly paranoid of development stagnancy. I forget the exact term but it's when a game stops making content and only works on bug fixes and no longer has the income to produce content so the game just exists. Anarchy Online and quite a few other MMOs fell to this. It's a double edged sword condition. Fix bugs and possibly keep players content to play longer or fish new content to get new players.

It's a balancing act of Development that most F2P games don't bother with. They push and push until the game fades away from it's audience which from experience is inevitable. Especially in a game that got popular in the first place due to word of mouth. Warframe might have more players than the past but it's avg peaks and lows are far more drastic because they're keeping less people interested for longer periods.

In Oct 2019 Warframe hit a low they hadn't seen since Jun 2017 in which the next month they went up 50% their 2nd highest peak to date. Warframe hasn't really grown in Avg players since 2017 where at before they were at a steady growth. I think this says something about their newer methods and how they're starting to not work.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HonorGuard2074 said:

note I said fully new,So image them redoing things

stale is subjective as well,so I won't try to change your opinion there,But let me ask,if less fully new content comes ,but we get damage 3.0 which changes armor,would that not shake things up? or what about revamping old modes,less good frames getting new reworks to help bring them up some 

Yeah things like Damage 3.0 are always welcome changes. By rework if you mean the fundementals, the core gameplay then yes I'd like that.

4 hours ago, HonorGuard2074 said:

Also did you mean to say you rather have rework over new content

Typo.

I meant to say I'm ok with reworks unless it doesn't prevent DE from releasing new stuff.

4 hours ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

I'm down if it isn't only cosmetic and if they manage to somewhat turn those chores into sustainable and fun gameplay.

All in all though I'd very much want them to expand more on Railjack(while further polishin in it in the process).

8 hours ago, Stonehenge said:

no the player base is shrinking and  now de is making more advertising them before makingit more noticeble but forgetting to maintain or raise the quality of the updates or the game itself 

8 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Hell no.

We need overhauls because all new content is designed around making things work with inherently broken systems to begin with...

Then anyone who hasn't been reworked is not considered viable in all of that future content. 

• Like 1