Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let’s put this “Warframe is pay to win” thing to rest

(XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK

Warframe is not pay-to-win because:

1. in a competition between players (there's barely any in WF, but anyways), paying for things in this game doesn't give you a significant advantage to meet the victory condition over players who don't pay. A payed player might get the Pennant on the day it's released, but all players can eventually get it free through gameplay, and in the meantime the game is co-operative and no Pennant-wielding player is going to cost a free player their victory for this.
  2. if an item or upgrade affects your in-game power or statistics, it is available for free. The only things locked behind a paywall in Warframe are purely cosmetic, and there are even several cosmetics available without paying.

This point of discussion, however, will never be put to rest on these Forums because someone at some point will inevitably feel that they are missing out in some way by not paying for this video game. To which the obvious response is, "yeah, they need to make money to make the game and it's not a donation-based thing so they have to make putting money into the game feel worthwhile somehow", but I don't think people are ever going to stop complaining about this.

• Like 1

Things to consider is, can you go straight fighting highest level enemies straight away just from buying while players that don't pay has to level up, put catalyst/forma and mods and you don't need to go through all of that? If no, that's not P2W

37 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Things to consider is, can you go straight fighting highest level enemies straight away just from buying while players that don't pay has to level up, put catalyst/forma and mods and you don't need to go through all of that? If no, that's not P2W

You can buy mods(and endo/credit for it), weapons, catalyst/forma, and affinity booster, so about 70% P2W.

Also sometime you can just skip "fighting highest level enemies" part by spending plat.

5 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

You can buy mods(and endo/credit for it), weapons, catalyst/forma, and affinity booster, so about 70% P2W.

Also sometime you can just skip "fighting highest level enemies" part by spending plat.

Leveling up is still something you need to do efficiently where enemies below Saturn is not something you can access with paying for ideal affinity gain, same thing with not being a potato because even someone with chroma still can die for being a potato with zero knowledge how to use it (I can outdamage rhino and sometimes chroma with nezha or vauban so I know)

And what is this "fighting highest level enemies" part you're talking about?

• Like 1

Prove Warframe is not pay to win:

1. Assume the converse; Warframe is Pay to Win
  2. Mama Says "If you beat the game, you clean your room"
  3. I Pay money.
  4. My Room isn't clean
  5. Converse doesn't hold true.
  6. Warframe must not be pay to win

I joke, but in all seriousness.

Spoiler
  1. Fashionframe is endgame.
  2. Fashion is paid.