Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

railjack allows massive Grieving on beginners

Jorframj

Concur. No one should be able to access navigation except the Host.

There should be two ways for a crew member to leave a mission

• Abort to Orbiter during the mission.
  • Return to Orbiter after mission completion.

There should be three ways for the host to leave a mission.

• Abort to dry dock during the mission (with crew)
  • Return to dry dock after mission completion. (with crew)
  • Travel to new node after mission completion. (with crew)

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, H.Katsura_999 said:

If the host dies (loses all revives) or a host migration happens then technically you guys will be stuck and have to abort the mission because you have no privileges to use the navi and return to the dry dock..

this is an issue of not being able to leave without aborting. it blows my mind how DE could have missed something this serious when even PoE and Fortuna allows people to leave on their own.

being forced back to dry dock or into a hard mission with a weak railjack is griefing. i repeat no one should have access to navi but the host. the contextual queue should not even be available to people who are not the host.

I would like it to work just like the default system we have now, the mission start vote popup message. Where one person can veto the mission start with their vote.

Right now, a RJ mission starts instantly when a node is clicked on. Other players will not get a warning to ready their gear or even know a mission was just selected until they realize they're in a wormhole travelling somewhere.

• Like 1

So far in my experience, only the host is able to use Navigation. Did that change recently? Was it unintended?

Because it should stay that way. I hate it when people touch my ship's controls.

Worth noting though:

• Railjack missions need the mission vote, just like the rest of the star chart. People get annoyed when yanked out of menus with no warning.
  • We need a way to simply "return to orbiter" from the Railjack, instead of having to head back to the Dry Dock for extraction. Just include an "extraction pod" somewhere near the cargo bay?
  • Like 1

27 минут назад, MystMan сказал:

I would like it to work just like the default system we have now, the mission start vote popup message. Where one person can veto the mission start with their vote.

Right now, a RJ mission starts instantly when a node is clicked on. Other players will not get a warning to ready their gear or even know a mission was just selected until they realize they're in a wormhole travelling somewhere.

captain on the bridge, no vote!

14 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

honestly no one should have access to the navigation terminal but the host. DE needs to put in a way for people to leave by themselves. couple days ago someone forced me back my dry dock.

Strongly disagree. As someone who commonly hosts my own Railjack missions, the last thing I want is to be the only person on-board who can see the star map. Just because we're using my ship doesn't mean we're only ever doing MY missions, and I'm perfectly fine with team-mates selecting missions they haven't done or missions they want to run. I certainly don't want to go through it on voice, asking people what they want and having to deal with nobody remembering which mission it was they hadn't done yet. Simply put each selected mission up to a squad-wide vote and that's good enough. It lets everyone have a say without giving a single player undue power over the others.

And on the subject of solo extraction - just put a couple of escape pods somewhere on the ship (in that large midship area, say) which become active when the Navigation Console does. If people want to leave, interact with those and that would just take them back to their orbiter.

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

Strongly disagree. As someone who commonly hosts my own Railjack missions, the last thing I want is to be the only person on-board who can see the star map. Just because we're using my ship doesn't mean we're only ever doing MY missions, and I'm perfectly fine with team-mates selecting missions they haven't done or missions they want to run. I certainly don't want to go through it on voice, asking people what they want and having to deal with nobody remembering which mission it was they hadn't done yet. Simply put each selected mission up to a squad-wide vote and that's good enough. It lets everyone have a say without giving a single player undue power over the others.

And on the subject of solo extraction - just put a couple of escape pods somewhere on the ship (in that large midship area, say) which become active when the Navigation Console does. If people want to leave, interact with those and that would just take them back to their orbiter.

disagree all you like. it is being used to grief. with no way for people to leave, they force people back to dry dock or they force weaker ships to veil. even moving me or anyone else onto a mission their ship cant handle is no good.

if people want to progress those line of missions, they should be able to leave.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

15 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

disagree all you like. it is being used to grief. with no way for people to leave, they force people back to dry dock or they force weaker ships to veil. even moving me or anyone else onto a mission their ship cant handle is no good.

Which a squad-wide vote on the next mission would solve. Did you not read what you responded to? That's even in your quote.