Jump to content
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IVARA PRIME


(PSN)fluid2185
 Share

Recommended Posts

DE it would of been nice to add a perk or two to IVARA PRIME. Her, the Baza & Aksomati Prime just feel like expensive skins. Could of added 5 Meter AOE to her Artemis Bow, Change in Fire rate an IPS for the Baza, Given the Aksomati much LARGER magazine an faster Fire Rate. Let  us feel like we’re using something more powerful 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't bothered to look at the Aksomati Prime, but the Baza Prime is mathematically superior to its vanilla by a significant enough margin. 70% modded crit chance and 30% modded status chance (before accounting for multishot or a Riven) does a lot to bump the weapon's consistency, and that with the larger magazine and longer damage falloff range means picking off enemies in pairs rather than one at a time.

I'm not sure why you'd want to add a more tangible advantage to Ivara Prime, as it runs counter to every other Prime frame in existence. The whole point of a Prime frame, in fact, is having those minor tweaks to base stats and a lower Forma requirement on account of the extra polarities. They do not exist to invalidate or render obsolete the vanilla versions.

Edit: It is a bit weird that the Baza Prime apparently has no hidden passive, though. I thought that was a thing with Prime weapons these days.

Yet Another Edit: So the Aksomati Prime took the Slash-biased and crit-heavy original and increased its status chance by about 125%, making it viable for hybrid building. I don't think it's quite as good as my Akstiletto Prime even then, but it's definitely in the ballpark, because crit Slash procs are scary and this thing can get to 39.6% status chance (respectable for an Automatic) with just two 60%/60% mods before factoring in multishot.

Edited by Dreddeth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please note, Prime Warframes are supposed to be just skins with small stat boosts. Always have been, and DE have stated so multiple times.

Whether Prime or not, using the same Warframe with the same mod setup will perform the same way, that’s what DE have supposedly been sticking to.

Prime Weapons on the other hand do have better stats due to better craftsmanship (apparently). However the Prime effects are actually a relatively rare thing. Only five Prime releases (out of around twenty), and only about six or seven Prime weapons total, have had a special effect added to them. The seventh would be that pistol with Banshee, which would count except there’s no base Euphona to compare it to.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Dreddeth said:

Edit: It is a bit weird that the Baza Prime apparently has no hidden passive, though. I thought that was a thing with Prime weapons these days.

I thought for sure that the Baza Prime would have a passive of something like having the damage falloff removed... I guess not 😕 .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SpringRocker said:

I thought for sure that the Baza Prime would have a passive of something like having the damage falloff removed... I guess not 😕 .

You mean a signature weapon synergy for Ivara?  Otherwise it wouldn't really be a passive, just a stat change.  (And it does have much better fall-off stats than the base weapon.)

But Baza was released long after Ivara, so it's not one of her signature weapons.  And if Tekko Prime is any guide, prime weapons won't carry  signature weapon passives anyway.     edit:  apparently that's changed.

Edited by Tiltskillet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

You mean a signature weapon synergy for Ivara?  Otherwise it wouldn't really be a passive, just a stat change.  (And it does have much better fall-off stats than the base weapon.)

But Baza was released long after Ivara, so it's not one of her signature weapons.  And if Tekko Prime is any guide, prime weapons won't carry  signature weapon passives anyway.     edit:  apparently that's changed.

No, not talking about signature effect in any regard.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2019-12-20 at 8:38 PM, Tiltskillet said:

You mean a signature weapon synergy for Ivara?  Otherwise it wouldn't really be a passive, just a stat change.  (And it does have much better fall-off stats than the base weapon.)

But Baza was released long after Ivara, so it's not one of her signature weapons.  And if Tekko Prime is any guide, prime weapons won't carry  signature weapon passives anyway.     edit:  apparently that's changed.

We're referring to special effects which are not represented by stats, like the fact that the Ballistica Prime spawns allied Void Ghost copies of the things you kill with it. Or how the Pyrana Prime can summon a clone of itself to be wielded akimbo. Or how the Kogake Prime gives a slight movement speed buff.

Edited by Dreddeth
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dreddeth said:

We're referring to special effects which are not represented by stats, like the fact that the Ballistica Prime spawns allied Void Ghost copies of the things you kill with it. Or how the Pyrana Prime can summon a clone of itself to be wielded akimbo. Or how the Venka Prime gives a slight movement speed buff.

I'm just not comprehending removed fall-off as a special effect, particularly if it's not conditional.  It's like me saying, "The new Sonicor Vandal should have an exciting new passive: that its projectiles have 10% crit chance!"  It's just a standard weapon stat field and a number.

But that's ok, my incomprehension is hardly noteworthy. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm just not comprehending removed fall-off as a special effect, particularly if it's not conditional.  It's like me saying, "The new Sonicor Vandal should have an exciting new passive: that its projectiles have 10% crit chance!"  It's just a standard weapon stat field and a number.

But that's ok, my incomprehension is hardly noteworthy. 🙂

Let me amend my statement, then. I was referring to some kind of bonus trait that isn't represented by stats, which would not include such things as tweaks to damage falloff. Not sure why SpringRocker brought that up specifically.

It wouldn't even have to be something widely useful either, considering precedent. Maybe something like instantly dissolving corpses, or boosting aim glide somehow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...