The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack – Prio 1: Crewships

Toran

Also, if you use the "turn invisible after hack" mod for your Parazon, you can just sprint to the reactor, hack it, and nuke it while the enemy stands around looking stupid(er). Your invisibility will last long enough to do whatever you'd like - capture the ship, kill the gunners, just walk back to the exit...you name it.

Am 1.1.2020 um 18:27 schrieb SordidDreams:

Pro tip: It's impossible to fail the reactor shield hacking. You can just cancel out of it and the shield will go down anyway, no need to play the minigame or waste ciphers. That will almost certainly get patched, but enjoy it while it lasts.

Additional tip: Once the reactor is destroyed, the ship can be destroyed with regular gunfire. Doing so is quicker than waiting for it to explode on its own and causes the drops from it to pop out immediately instead of after a few seconds.

Thanks for the tips, saves a lot of ciphers till it's fixed!

Got to test the ship-killing and see which guns suit best. Shame only, it's pretty hard to tell from a distance which CS is prone to blow.

Since I got Void Hole, boarding techniques have changed too for me. As boarder, I want to stay and wait for the explosion. I loot the drops automatically on exit. In the meantime I kill gunners and pilot. This practice is not without risk though, you might bug on transfer.

Speaking from a solo'ist's perspective, while Crew Ships are High priority, I find that I don't have to deal with them "at all costs."

What I mean by that, is: if I can shoot down the ramsled and take out their engines, the majority of their threat is gone for a while (they can't seem to launch ramsleds rapidly.) So once their engines are down, I take some time to pick off the pesky fighters around me, then, I go back to take out their repaired engines, sit directly behind them, and I slingshot aboard, open crates, eliminate the crew, destroy the core, and recall back. (I don't risk the transition).

I've found the cannon batteries on galleon wreckage to be more problematic than the fighters, actually. (maybe that's just an earth thing and it changes on Saturn/Veil.)

Board, hack/esc panel, shoot reactor with Tigris Prime, run to front X to kill pilot and capture ship, exit pilot seat, kill grineer and pop containers, timer expires, ship blows collect loot orb in space.  

Repeat.

Check friends list, you'll have tons of new friend requests.  lol

Edited by GrimSinner

On 2019-12-20 at 8:13 PM, Toran said:

Approach Methods:

• Slingshot (Gunnery 4, Archwing Warhead needed):
    You will be invulnerable for the flight time and the pilot can move off to evade or fight elsewhere.

Except sometimes that invulnerability fails and you die. Happened to me several times, the latest one being moments ago. 

Hop on slingshot, aligned, and fire. I thought a heard Vor's voice... something about a dead Tenno.

And sometimes you slingshot in, lands in the crewship and take your first shot. Only to do puny damage. Realization kicks in. You are now completely without mods.

Speaking of slingshot, I had one of the coolest bugs ever yesterday.  I shot out of the slingshot and just kept going... At first I thought I was locked up in slingshot flight, but I waited and eventually I stopped.  I was 30,000 km away from the ship when I stopped.  lol

If you just want to blow the reactor, Loki does fine. Jump in, go invisible, blow reactor, jump out. If you want to slaughter the crew, Ivara.

Also, if the railjack isn't moving, you can access the slingshot from the outside. Just fly up to the tube. (You can probably do it while it is moving, it's just harder.) 

Another thing of note about the railjack slingshot.

There is a kind of bubble around the railjack that locks you to it's movement while you are in archwing.  So the pilot can be swinging the ship wildly in every direction but you will stay glued to the same relative position to the railjack.   Makes it easier to access the tail or interior if you consider that when you get close you are only moving relative to the rj and not space.

Another thing of note about the railjack slingshot.

There is a kind of bubble around the railjack that locks you to it's movement while you are in archwing.  So the pilot can be swinging the ship wildly in every direction but you will stay glued to the same relative position to the railjack.   Makes it easier to access the tail or interior if you consider that when you get close you are only moving relative to the rj and not space.

On 2019-12-20 at 5:19 AM, XzWasPzX said:

Destroy crewships asap, as soon as they appear, this is a basic tip/rule for RJ. Really the people allows the crewship to attack the RJ? Dont understand it.

farming exp with the omni tool is one of the better intrinsics grinds that doesn't require stealth but yah fighter count does not matter once you have vidar health mods (even more so for the zekti ones less than 3 crew ships stop mattering at that point) crew ships are the only things that can hurt you.  my recommendation is Valk for warcry don't bother with etenal war (I know this is the normal build but you will not get any use out of it there are two few enemies in crew ships) and speck for full range for the CC then take a ninkana (forced slash procs at a stupid rate but most melees will work)

Spoiler

that or use spoiler mode for free invulnerable stealth

9 hours ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Speaking from a solo'ist's perspective, while Crew Ships are High priority, I find that I don't have to deal with them "at all costs."

What I mean by that, is: if I can shoot down the ramsled and take out their engines, the majority of their threat is gone for a while (they can't seem to launch ramsleds rapidly.) So once their engines are down, I take some time to pick off the pesky fighters around me, then, I go back to take out their repaired engines, sit directly behind them, and I slingshot aboard, open crates, eliminate the crew, destroy the core, and recall back. (I don't risk the transition).

I've found the cannon batteries on galleon wreckage to be more problematic than the fighters, actually. (maybe that's just an earth thing and it changes on Saturn/Veil.)

fighers damage does not scale nearly as well as crew ship damage so in the veil the crew ship is the largest threat even with a good two dozen fighter coming at you that crew ship is still going to be what gets you.  

• 1 month later...
On 2020-01-08 at 6:00 PM, Currilicious said:

And sometimes you slingshot in, lands in the crewship and take your first shot. Only to do puny damage. Realization kicks in. You are now completely without mods.

And yet they havent fixed this crap. Good job DE we're still entering crewships without mods equpped on all weapons and frame