Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Spoiler) The Sentient Ships Have Inspired Nothing But Toxic Behavior

Tendou_Souji

This has not happened once, but twice during my railjack mission experiences in the Veil Proxima;  every time I've done a public Sentient Anomaly mission, I've been taken advantage of with people either boarding the slingshot or leaving in archwing when there's a CLEAR battle going on in the middle of a mission just to make a beeline for the sentient ship;  I was completely abandoned in the middle of heavy fire, enemy ships all around me while the rest of the crew, with no communication, went off to clear the ship.  Usually, I prefer to clear the larger scale objectives before any of that,but each time, they didn't have the decency to help me.

So, I do my best to rush over to meet the rest of the Squad, and they've essentially cleared the enemy fighters.  They were clearly after the Symbolist mob, due to the infamous Shedu dropping off them, because when the last of the sentient fighters were cleared out, one person, who didn't get what they needed, left while there were still other objectives to clear: A missile platform needed to be disabled and the other ships weren't even a quarter of the way finished.  So, my last remaining crew members decided to bail the ship I left parked for them with decent stats, in favor of using their archwings, which they failed miserably to keep alive and wasting a large number of their revives; didn't even have the courtesy of sealing ruptures.  They decided to stay afk and far out of reach from other fighters until I was done looting.

It was up to me to clean the rest of the ships up; granted they at least took out some crew ships and the missile platform, but it was ME that did the rest of the work while they continued to laze about.  My ship has some pretty fair stats and racks out some decent damage, but they didn't even take advantage of that; instead, they took advantage of my hosted session and showed nothing but disrespect.  After the mission was cleared, they didn't even want to stay patient while I looted any potential drops we missed and search for a derelict that might have spawned. Instead, I was left with a heavily censored message in chat before they accessed they refined all the materials gathered,accessed the console, then left for the drydock.

My public experiences are filled with nothing but toxic people that treat me and my ship with zero respect; I don't get to do many missions with friends due to time restraints and other things.  All of this soured my mood because of RNG that makes people act out their worst.  I'm hoping the time restraints for the Anomalies will be cleared at a later date, or at least shortened, maybe even limit console/resource access to the host, because people can easily grief you or take advantage of you, take what they need, and leave.

• Like 3

I get why they have the mechanics they do. It's to make them harder to find, to keep up the mystery whilst the search for the secrets is on. But after that secret, the Erra quest, had been found, it should have become much easier to find, with the time intervals becoming much shorter. Not only would that get the best of both worlds, actually letting it be a consistent event, but it'd make finding the quest globally more significant, since 'hey guys, you found the quest. Oh, by the way, by doing so you've unleashed the Sentient fleet on the system.' Destiny has done such things to great effect before, and this whole thing seems to be trying to emulate it, but didn't get that key second part.

• Like 1

Until this gets fixed, threaten in chat to abort mission if they abandon you. Then do so if they refuse to help. 

When people start acting like children, give them clear expectations, and clear consequences. 

Use the ignore list as you see fit as well in these situations.

• Like 1

The reality is that as was stated that particular mission is a time gated RNG based mission and most of us are trying to respect one another's time, talent and efforts that go into that mission in opposition to what you are stating.  This means the expectations if you wish to play PUB on that map are quite simple...you go on a side route avoiding ships to the sentient ship to see if it has the drops you are looking for and if not abort mission and restart since there is only 30 minutes to accomplish your goals.  If you do get a drop; only then do you attempt to kill the ships.  Doing anything else if you have not agreed to it in advance through the recruiting chat is pretty toxic and very frustrating for the rest of the crew in my experience.

If you setup a crew that agrees to the role playing scenario you propose in advance by all means you should feel free to abort mission if they go off script.  Sorry to hear you have had bad crew experiences.  Personally my experience is that the vast majority of people I come across go out of their way to help however they can especially on normal missions.  I usually do end up using in game voice though to coordinate or give people heads up on potential issues though.

Edited by ASHERATOR

42 minutes ago, ASHERATOR said:

This means the expectations if you wish to play PUB on that map are quite simple...Doing anything else if you have not agreed to it in advance through the recruiting chat is pretty toxic and very frustrating for the rest of the crew in my experience.

Those expectations need to be communicated. Assuming people should know this, and that if they don't then they deserve to be punished and labeled as "toxic"...nope, nope, nope. 

In the situation the OP described, they waited for him to engage in combat, waited some more, then abandoned him. After finding their prize not there, they hung around, continued to not help, and said some pretty nasty stuff to him, none of which involved communicating anything helpful. And then of course they expected their share, to which they contributed nothing, at the end. Don't defend that kind of behavior, please.

I won't defend any behavior his or theirs that is not communicated in advance and if that was not clear in my post thank you for your .comment to clarify my position.  As I've entered missions usually the members call out investigate or kill stuff so they can make a decision whether the squad is for them and I would say that is the appropriate behavior and I also appreciate others doing that so i know whether they are going to value my time.  Having said that I stand by my comments that it is going to be common human psychology for the vast majority of players to expect others to perform that particular mission in the manner I have mentioned just to respect each others time and efforts.for something that has a very limited time frame to operate within.

I feel like this could simply be fixed by locking entrance to the sentient ship until the actual mission objective has been completed. Have Cy could make it a statement if they try to board the ship early so they know that they need to clear the other objectives.

For the time being, get the form up avionic. Everytime I use it when one of those bad players enter the ship, they got tped back to the Railjack. Usually they rage and leave after that (hillarious to watch), leaving a room for a good player to join.

Or you can do like @Blaeringr said. Send them a host migration threat.

This update may finally teach Warframe players a truth that so many other gamers already know:
public matchmaking will get you bad groups.

Imo, we've avoided this so far because Warframe missions are generally straightforward and pretty much unsabotagable.  If you remember raids, you'll know public groups were garbage for those, too.

Trying to design levels that are interesting, challenging, and also play well with public matchmaking is incredibly difficult.  I, for one, am happy just going with premade groups and spending a minute or two before we start figuring out a game plan.  I don't think there's a need to overhaul missions to prevent random joins acting badly — especially if the solution is linearizing the mission.

The vast majority of my public groups have been fantastic with some that members that are new and learning and I want to help them learn as well as experienced well performing groups.  I also get an occasional group dynamic that just doesn't work but that's to be expected with as many groups as I've worked.

On the mission play described above however, you are arguing both against human psychology and what the main mission is in this case to investigate then clear the area to extract with your rewards.  This is not like the other mission types where I might have your back on the arguments above. Using the form up in the way described above just makes you a Troll and who can blame any sane person for abandoning the mission and blacklisting you. Furthermore you may believe using formup is helping you in normal missions but in 90% of the cases you are hurting your chances in the mission more than helping.  Experienced players are going to leave the ship to take out the biggest threats damaging the ship namely the crewships since the fighters are basically annoying fleas in comparison.  If you pull them back before they get a chance to take that ship down than the mission results are pretty much predestined and its your fault.  All in all it sounds like anyone making these arguments are not communicating in any reasonable way...and yelling at teammates is not communication and again why you fail.  I only state in this way because I can see too much vitriol in the posts instead of discussion of how to communicate on the front end with your squad so you don't have these kind of issues.

2 hours ago, ASHERATOR said:

The vast majority of my public groups have been fantastic with some that members that are new and learning and I want to help them learn as well as experienced well performing groups.  I also get an occasional group dynamic that just doesn't work but that's to be expected with as many groups as I've worked.

On the mission play described above however, you are arguing both against human psychology and what the main mission is in this case to investigate then clear the area to extract with your rewards.  This is not like the other mission types where I might have your back on the arguments above. Using the form up in the way described above just makes you a Troll and who can blame any sane person for abandoning the mission and blacklisting you. Furthermore you may believe using formup is helping you in normal missions but in 90% of the cases you are hurting your chances in the mission more than helping.  Experienced players are going to leave the ship to take out the biggest threats damaging the ship namely the crewships since the fighters are basically annoying fleas in comparison.  If you pull them back before they get a chance to take that ship down than the mission results are pretty much predestined and its your fault.  All in all it sounds like anyone making these arguments are not communicating in any reasonable way...and yelling at teammates is not communication and again why you fail.  I only state in this way because I can see too much vitriol in the posts instead of discussion of how to communicate on the front end with your squad so you don't have these kind of issues.

Doing the mission is the expected behavior, sentient ship or no. If you want to rush the sentient ship and speedrun farm, then get a premade in recruiting chat. OP is completely in the right here for using form up this way, as they're not using it to troll players going after crew ships and objectives that pose a tactical problem while the mission is progressing. OP is using it to punish players who are ignoring the objective to get their drops, which in all honesty is perfectly fine at this point, since you should never, under any circumstances, just assume the host wants to break standard mission procedure. Communicate in chat what you want to do, and if host doesn't want to do it your way or can't, then either conform to the captain or leave. You're only hurting yourself and your chance at getting your precious arm cannon by sticking with a teammate you refuse to cooperate with.