Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shouldn't War get something?

Xolot

hace 53 minutos, ItsJoYWTF dijo:

War is not a sentient weopon..its a heavy sword..pls investigate before posting sh*t..lol

that stalker is also a warframe according to lore nad that is just his weapn not a sentient thingy 🙂 

but yea they should buff it ..as it is pain in ass to get and need sacrifice of a great endgame sword [broken war]

Sentient Weapon indicates Faction, Heavy Blade is a Weapon Type, they are not the same and they aren't exclusive: 

War is a Sentient Weapon and a Heavy Blade, crafted by Hunhow himself with parts of his Sentient body for Shadow Stalker, giving him Sentient Adaptation and some new powers

Gram Prime is a Prime Weapon (Orokin), but it's also a Heavy Blade

Shedu is a Sentient Weapon, it isn't a Heavy Blade but an Arm-Cannon instead

With this confusion explained and clear, I must also explain:

Paracesis is an Orokin/Sentient hybrid due to what it is made of, categorized as Sentient Weapon by me in the main post as it felt pointless to create a whole section called Orokin-Sentient Hybrid just for Paracesis

Edited by Xolot

hace 5 horas, Loza03 dijo:

Paracesis isn't a Sentient one, but yes, all Sentient weapons get fancy passives or unique abilities.

Komorex: only sniper with a Secondary fire, and an AoE sniper to boot.

Cyanex: works like the RYNO from Rachet and Clank, but in Pistol form.

Shedu: just... all of Shedu.

Phantasma: beam shotgun mixed with a targeting cluster bomb.

I suggest giving it a sword beam on heavy attacks, since Stalker can use it for exactly that.

I would rather not mix Sentient, Sentient-Orokin Hybrids, Corpus-Sentient, Amalgams and whatever Revenant is supposed to be, as it could lead to confusion in the long run while adding a category to some weapons, I did it in the first post in order to not go into details that much, but as many have already pointed out, it's really important to have them categorized. It's a bit confusing but it seems that the effect these weapon have might be related to what amount each side is weighted into the fusion or something along the lines of that

Battacor is a Corpus weapon with some Sentient technology

Komorex is a straight Amalgam weapon, So it could be considered Sentient Tech using a bit of Corpus Tech, loses adaptation but gets some almost supernatural effects

Shedu is Sentient weapon, and for some reason it strips Sentient resistances, same as the Sentient-Orokin weapon Paracesis

Paracesis is Sentient-Orokin, crafted with the intention of having it be a Sentient Slayer

War is a Sentient weapon that doesn't do anything out of the ordinary once it's in our hands, but while in Shadow Stalker's it turns him into a Sentient Unit (Infested-Sentient maybe? due to what Warframes are), Might be because Weapons made from "Elder Sentients" are more powerfull than a randomly thorn arm from a normal unit, but it's hard to determine with so little examples

Phantasma is.... Tenno-Sentient? seems like a variation of Amalgam, works like a normal weapon but has some strange properties

Edited by Xolot

21 hours ago, Xolot said:

but taking a look at current Sentient and Orokin-Sentient weapons,

and yet no mention of Phantasma or Tatsu? yes, they are sentient weapons: Eidolons are Sentients.

I wouldn't be opposed to a War buff, but let's be honest: there's better Heavy Blades out there. it's a crowded category of melee weapons as is, and since Tatsu, I have gradually started to get a little more weeb over Large Swords.. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing other weapons like Polearms take centre stage for once.

1 hour ago, ItsJoYWTF said:

War is not a sentient weopon..its a heavy sword..pls investigate before posting sh*t..lol

that stalker is also a warframe according to lore nad that is just his weapn not a sentient thingy 🙂 

but yea they should buff it ..as it is pain in ass to get and need sacrifice of a great endgame sword [broken war]

Guys look it's clemtarded

hace 35 minutos, (PS4)robotwars7 dijo:

and yet no mention of Phantasma or Tatsu? yes, they are sentient weapons: Eidolons are Sentients.

I wouldn't be opposed to a War buff, but let's be honest: there's better Heavy Blades out there. it's a crowded category of melee weapons as is, and since Tatsu, I have gradually started to get a little more weeb over Large Swords.. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing other weapons like Polearms take centre stage for once.

Yep, I prefered not to mention Phantasma or Tatsu because I have no idea what they are, I guess they could be categorized as a Tenno-Sentient weapon in the same vein as Amalgam weapons? But this also leads us to the question of what the hell made Ballas in order to have an Orokin-Sentient weapon develop anti-sentient mechanics exclusive from Sentient weapons. If they trully are that, they belong in the same category to the Amalgams, improved with supernatural effects by sentient tech but doesn't have any reason to strip armor like pure Sentient weapons.

Might be interesting to compile in a post all the different Faction variations for reference...

More than a buff for War (that might get one due to what its origin is), I want some estability when talking about weapons, Shedu implied that Sentient-Made weapons are able to strip Sentient resistances along hybrids like Paracesis, but when looking at War and Broken-War, all of that goes out of the window, seemingly indicating that the Devs kinda make things on the run and then they forget to retrofit it all (that it's probably what's happening here)

Edited by Xolot

I mean, wouldn't you rather have an ugly Sentient tree branch melee weapon instead of Hunhow's amazingly beautiful War?

EDIT: I mean, look at the tree branch infused with Sentient energy!

Spoiler

a20b1236-094a-40ee-9ad9-265d73d8602a

I'd say it ought to be classed a hammer with some serious AoE.

Should this weapon need to be manufactured in the Forge or incubated? I mean... it is a tree.

Edited by nslay

3 hours ago, ItsJoYWTF said:

You should take your own advice.

War is MADE from the Bones of Hunhow (a Sentient & Lotus' Father). It is straight up a pure Sentient Weapon, with only the Broken War & Shedu Arm Cannon equaling it in that Catagory. Everything else is Amalgam technology, ie: Sentient Tech merged with other tech.

As for the OP. I do agree War needs something to make it stand out more. Considering the ludicrous difficulty in acquiring it I'd say it definitely needs a perk or 2.

The only issue is that Stalker didn't make War. Hunhow forged it from his own bones & gifted it to Stalker. So it's not a Weapon that impo would have any "Anti-Sentient" features built in.

So I guess the best we could get would be that it granrs the user Adaptation (like the mod), Passive Sentient Resistance/Damage Resistance, or maybe it has it's own damage type (Tau) making it one of a kind.

(Or maybe it has a chance to spawn a pissed off Stalker who wants vengeance for you stealing his sword.)