Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Prime Time: Episode 1

[DE]Megan

Play more often, because you both did really badly for what you had equipped. I'd have thought you'd play better than most players.

Golden rule of video games: Developers/staff are never as good as players as they dedicate their time to making and contributing to the games development rather than playing it. :P Edited by Darkmoone1

Golden rule of video games: Developers/staff are never as good as players as they dedicate their time to making and contributing to the games development rather than playing it. :P

^^

Truth.

If they played as much as we do, we'd never have new content lol.

Unfortunately the Twitch chat moderation tools are a bit thin so one of the ways we control the speed of the chat is by requiring the FB login. If we turned it off, we wouldn't be able to read anything and might likely have an epileptic seizure from trying.

Why not turn on slow-mode instead? 180 seconds per message sounds reasonable.

Hmmm, watched part of it (didn't have time to watch the whole thing due to not wanting to lag up the whole home LAN), and my thoughts thusfar:

1). I feel as though you guys cover the same types of stuff with your "Community Hot Topics", and there are long-standing questions that are barely touched. Again you mention Armor (even though Scott already did in his new workshop), but yet no response as to "what is up with the alerts being so ridiculously high level?" or "any news on the newbie play experience, esp since Scott said that he knows it needs work?" etc etc.

2). So, Rebecca is missing Strun Wraith and the Mutator Mods... maybe she realizes that they ought to be offered again in some other way, future event, or maybe nightmare mode, or something like that? Soma pretty much _requires_ a Mutator Mod to even be an effective weapon; without it you simply keep running out of ammo constantly.

3). I second the earlier poster who mentioned playing with random players rather than inviting a couple in particular (how do these people get chosen?).

4). Megan and Sheldon: You guys say you still think Ember is fine... but yet we don't see any Livestreams of you playing Ember vs Level 60, 80+ mobs with the heavily nerfed Overheat? "I hardly ever use her powers unless I'm frustrated and surrounded by people" .... does that mean you only do low-level stuff with her? If you had done anything high level, then surely you'd realize that 40% damage reduction + no other utility whatsoever = bad, bad frame that is pigeonholed into one-and-only one role: Fire damage. This is going to become even more problematic when Ember Prime is created and released -- who wants a one-trick pony that has very little to no survivability or utility whatsoever?

Edited by Xylia

Thanks to everyone who tuned in!

http://www.twitch.tv/warframe/b/467150068

Give us some feedback on how we did and what you would like to see in the future!

Great show, very relaxed and enjoyable. Very complementary, funny and witty duo. Great to see DE staff open up even more to the community. Also great to see you play and enjoy the game you create and promote.

This is very encouraging for the future of this game, you guys put a lot of heart into it !

Keep up the great work DE !

Edited by FunkDoctaSpock

I thought you guys did great, the first episode is usually going to be the hardest.  I liked the format, where it just seemed like you guys were relaxed and really having fun with what you were doing.  I loved Megan's enthusiasm, I had several lol moments watching her!  ("...and chhhhhharge...BOOM, dead... :) ) I guess it depends if you guys want to go to more of a fixed format with an organized agenda, but I liked this "informal" session since it gives a different feel than the Livestreams which are (obviously) more planned.

I would maybe agree with the people that are saying have a theme - like featuring some of the content, like "here we're using the Corpus Clan Tech" or whatever.  Picking a frame and showing off what it can do - I thought that was great how you were explaining good ways to use powers, because not every player is going to know (especially not new players).  All in all, I liked it and thought you guys did a great job.  Also great art, all contributors!

Awesome of you and the other player to help out Ultima, and even better job not being a show off like I'm sure some people would have tried to have been.

This whole idea should be about fostering better relations within the community, showing off some of the amazing fan art/work the community is doing, and helping the newer community to better understand the game.  I was really disappointed with how many people were making "noob" or the like comments in the chat regarding Rebecca or Megan's frame/gear/mod choices.  If you want to watch people be OP, go surf youtube.

Get down with the spirit of the show guys, and help your fellow Tenno :)

Well said.

Hmmm, watched part of it (didn't have time to watch the whole thing due to not wanting to lag up the whole home LAN), and my thoughts thusfar:

1). I feel as though you guys cover the same types of stuff with your "Community Hot Topics", and there are long-standing questions that are barely touched. Again you mention Armor (even though Scott already did in his new workshop), but yet no response as to "what is up with the alerts being so ridiculously high level?" or "any news on the newbie play experience, esp since Scott said that he knows it needs work?" etc etc.

2). So, Rebecca is missing Strun Wraith and the Mutator Mods... maybe she realizes that they ought to be offered again in some other way, future event, or maybe nightmare mode, or something like that? Soma pretty much _requires_ a Mutator Mod to even be an effective weapon; without it you simply keep running out of ammo constantly.

3). I second the earlier poster who mentioned playing with random players rather than inviting a couple in particular (how do these people get chosen?).

4). Megan and Sheldon: You guys say you still think Ember is fine... but yet we don't see any Livestreams of you playing Ember vs Level 60, 80+ mobs with the heavily nerfed Overheat? "I hardly ever use her powers unless I'm frustrated and surrounded by people" .... does that mean you only do low-level stuff with her? If you had done anything high level, then surely you'd realize that 40% damage reduction + no other utility whatsoever = bad, bad frame that is pigeonholed into one-and-only one role: Fire damage. This is going to become even more problematic when Ember Prime is created and released -- who wants a one-trick pony that has very little to no survivability or utility whatsoever?

You're absolutely entitled to your concerns and opinions, but I'm pretty sure these Streams aren't meant to address "gameplay issues", "design issues", "balance issues", etc.  This is one quote I found regarding the format and content of these Streams:

Today will be the first episode of Warframe Prime Time with your hosts, DERebecca and DEMegan!

Warframe Prime Time is the start of a gameplay and community focused Stream – with gameplay goals, prizes, fan art, and more!

I know people want answers, but I really don't think this is place for those questions.  DE Scott's new Grineer forums are probably a much better place, as well as any Livestream's upcoming questions thread.  Check out this for updates direct from Scott:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/123-grineeers-workshop/

You're absolutely entitled to your concerns and opinions, but I'm pretty sure these Streams aren't meant to address "gameplay issues", "design issues", "balance issues", etc.  This is one quote I found regarding the format and content of these Streams:

I was more responding to Megan's line about how the "Hot Topics" thread will be posted tomorrow, and that "Scott already touched on a lot of it"....

Thing is, he didn't touch any of those things I mentioned in this thread already, and those have been hot topics for awhile and we've heard very little about them whatsoever.

Yet, they keep mentioning trading as "we're working on it" each time Hot Topics comes up. Yes, I get that you're "working on" trading, we knew that for months. Say something new, please, about some of the Other hot topics that keep getting left out?

I never meant to say that the Stream Itself was meant to address these. Perhaps I should have been more clear....

Edited by Xylia

So um ya DeMegan asked ppl to add her on warframe as a friend but then there is no DeMegan.. was like wow strange stuff.. was wondering was that a joke? I love having a huge friends list and would be great to to have all the DE's on my friends list for like extra flare.. ;) ie just to have ppl on the list.. lol oh well cool beings.. was a blast of a live stream.. Edit: them/all of the De's :: not that I play with anyone on my friends list anyway.. >.>' though from what I have seen I play way more than the Dev's.. lol ^.^' Yosh! !

Edited by Darkblue006