[DE]Helen

Switch Empyrean: Update 27.0.5 (+ Hotfixes)

1 hour ago, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

Yeah tonnes of visual bugs, and the first mission I played turned into a slideshow the second we were boarded (single digits fps if that). Very first mission loaded in to a fog cloud that was in a perfect cube shape. Taking lots of screenshots so as to submit bug reports.

THIS! EXACTLY THIS. You described exactly what I had in mind. The fog (???) and lighting on the Railjack missions are in one word atrocious! That cube/edgy thing that should be the visual effects of the space scenario is disturbing. Empyrian is probably the ugliest thing I have ever seen on the Switch and that was absolutely unexpected from the most graphically stunning game on the very same platform. And the fps drops? God, on free flight the turret blasts were like 10/15 fps.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt as the whole Empyrian update was rushed in all platforms and I imagine that optimizing it for the Switch would take longer than one month for a consistent build, imagine for the messy horror that Empyrean is atm. I think it may be too early to say "the Switch can't handle it, we reached the limit", but DE has to give us better than this on the next hotfixes and updates.

Second mission went much better. Performance was still rough but we were able to complete it and it was honestly a lot of fun

PLEASE, give us the option to move our account to PC. I stopped playing after 600+ hours because the Switch version is a buggy and blurry mess.  

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

So in the first mission there was no objective UI and no way to return to drydock. All crew aboard and I can't access the console. Gg DE

If we are talking about glitches first flight I was stuck kneeling until I messed with navigation. Fire rate is slow. Also I was frozen on my railjack until I landed back in my dojo and i fast traveled somewhere else in my dojo and that was only the first half hour. I expected some issues but not so many in my maiden flight in a open space

• Upvote 1

You guys seriously need to review the cost of research of field armaments & components I finished Saturn proxima and barely have enough resources for 1 research and I'm still stuck with the base railjack 😕

I'm not able to connect...😞

Start the game, get the loading bar and that's it... (update is already installed). 

My railjack simply banished from my dry dock and I can’t find a way to make it appear. As soon as the update dropped I went to my dojo to try and find how to customize it and it was nowhere to be found! Do I need to do something for it to return to the dry dock?

It was really expensive and now that the update dropped the game deleted it?

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, (NSW)Vinn_Eonn said:

My railjack simply banished from my dry dock and I can’t find a way to make it appear. As soon as the update dropped I went to my dojo to try and find how to customize it and it was nowhere to be found! Do I need to do something for it to return to the dry dock?

Just as a PSA, you can enter your railjack from your orbiter - that area just outside the big operator room? Between your private room and the helminth room, bottom of the ramps? That's a railjack teleporter. It's a round thing on the floor.

28 minutes ago, (NSW)Mycroft said:

Just as a PSA, you can enter your railjack from your orbiter - that area just outside the big operator room? Between your private room and the helminth room, bottom of the ramps? That's a railjack teleporter. It's a round thing on the floor.

Helen used that on stream and it softlocked the game stuck on loading.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Vinn_Eonn said:

Hey, as @(NSW)ohgodzilla mentioned, I ran into this bug on stream today too - our QA team is aware and working on a fix! The workaround that our QA team gave me was to visit a Featured Dojo from your Star Chart and try from there. Reproducing a bug is the first step to squashing it. Please feel free to give us more info (Clan size, how many members were playing Empyrean at the time, whether you've found another temporary fix - things like that!) in this bug report thread so we can quickly lay out proper repro steps:

Thank you, Tenno

Can you please make the Omni tool work like the Scanner?  Meaning, with the scanner I can quickly melee someone and immediately go back to scanning.  Omni tool has to be re-selected from the gear wheel every time, and thats a little annoying in comparison.

Edited by (NSW)Kadet
typo
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, (NSW)Jean110100010 said:

in some future update enable the sight by movement in railjack?, I am somewhat clumsy to aim through the analog.

They've said they're working on it

• Satisfied 1

7 hours ago, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

Helen used that on stream and it softlocked the game stuck on loading.

😮 ...I couldn't bear to watch the stream. How on earth are they supposed to sit there and present this broken nonsense? I love Warframe day one switch player nolife 400 day 2000 hour mr28 totally obsessed player...and this railjack stuff has destroyed all of that. I've done everything I wanted to do in Warframe and have left my clan in capable hands, I can't bear to play (or spend) any more with Warframe.

If it's still going in a couple of years, I may return on a more suitable system. It's only going to get worse they will not hold back the technical side of the game to fit the switch. 

Which is a shame as handheld Warframe is simply astonishing, and with the switch base as large as it is they could have created the must have game for the system. But 4 player coop space shooting using this system, with P2P rather than dedicated servers, nope. I'm out. (That doesn't stop Warframe being the best game I've played since gta3 though).

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, (NSW)Kadet said:

Can you please make the Omni tool work like the Scanner?  Meaning, with the scanner I can quickly melee someone and immediately go back to scanning.  Omni tool has to be re-selected from the gear wheel every time, and thats a little annoying in comparison.

A work around is to set the Omni to the top slot in your gear wheel, so you can quickly tap d-pad down then press select, which is almost like not opening it at all. Or set the gear wheel position to one of the d-pad directions via the options menu, overwriting one of the functions you don't use as much (like 'inspect')

• Upvote 1

I've had some pretty dumb issues getting into the missions, though once I'm in a mission only had one proper game breaking bug so far. Really enjoying this update so far railjack is amazing!

16 hours ago, (NSW)Vinn_Eonn said:

For me leaving and reentering dojo works.

Guys, you might check Orb Valis after this update.

It is broken visually speaking. When you exit the elevator there's a pixelated "aura" around everything in the distance. It looks terrible.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, (NSW)Mycroft said:

A work around is to set the Omni to the top slot in your gear wheel, so you can quickly tap d-pad down then press select, which is almost like not opening it at all. Or set the gear wheel position to one of the d-pad directions via the options menu, overwriting one of the functions you don't use as much (like 'inspect')

Unfortunately, I already have the top of the gear wheel set to the archwing launcher, so I can conveniently do the work around for the archwing bug that otherwise leaves you waist deep in the ground and unable to move (its work around being to jump and do archwing launcher mid air).

But I get what you're saying, I'm going to free up one of the other left, right, or down slots to make repeatedly reselecting it faster/more reliable.

Or, ya, know, they could fix these things..

I've probably done about 15 Railjack missions now. Which isn't a lot compared to some people, but quite a bit for me as someone with relatively limited playtime. It needs a lot of fixes and touch-ups but damn if it isn't really fun when it works. The RPG style ship levelling is on point and I've said it a few times already but I'm really excited to see where it goes.