Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave - how long is this season?

Tenno76856

Am wondering as it "feels " like its going on bit longer than last one. Im not the most hardcore at doing nightwave ... But right now ive gone through first rotation and currently on 8th rank collecting credits.. (Or was this seasons story bit on short side??)

it's never going to end... lol.  It should stop at rank 60 though....

Honestly we have no idea, I'd expect it to be around a while longer considering how far behind DE are at the moment...

As to story... there isn't any, it's an intermission but instead of the usual 15, it's 30 ranks filled with mostly repeated stuff from old nightwaves. 

It’s definitely a long Intermission, about 4 Months long so far. Normally see a actual Nightwave Season last this long instead of a Intermission. But there haven’t been any Announcement for Season 3 yet but might come after the Corpus Ship Tileset gets revisited. 

31 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

This is also the first Nightwave season I've finished and since Railjack has burnt my credits I don't mind collecting Intermission creds that sell for 5,000 a piece. 

It'd be quicker to run something like index or even akkad (there are others too)

Personally I'm sticking my creds into kuva, which then gets used up a few seconds later due to rubbish rng on my rivens lol

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

It'd be quicker to run something like index or even akkad (there are others too)

Personally I'm sticking my creds into kuva, which then gets used up a few seconds later due to rubbish rng on my rivens lol

I recently hit a milestone so I have plenty of Kuva for a while, but I understand buying it through NW. And I've been doing the Gabii run on Ceres for credits too, while also leveling melee weapons. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

This is also the first Nightwave season I've finished and since Railjack has burnt my credits I don't mind collecting Intermission creds that sell for 5,000 a piece. 

You can get 100 Nightwave Creds worth of Credits in one Profit-Taker run with just Chroma and an active Credit Booster.

Personally I value Nightwave Creds higher than Platinum given the nature of their aquisition. Yes, Platinum is the premium currency that gives you access to many more items than Nightwave Creds, but Nightwave Creds are finite and must be spent as such. I usually dump extra Creds into Kuva or Nitain Extract.

Nobody knows, but don't go to a 2 weeks holiday before spending all the creds, because then it will probably end at a time when you can't consume your one-time currency to stuff.

Take my bet on that the next intermission will be longer than the nightwave itself as this feature already lost DEs interest since they let an intermission to be as long as regular nightwaves without admitting that they wanted this to be an evergreen filler-stuff. Another overhyped stuff for nothing.