Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream: 136 Overview

1 minute ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Well, technically she's a servant to the concubines of the Orokin court. If she's especially beautiful and talented, she can then become a concubine. 

Fun fact: life in a harem was like five percent decadence and sexual exploitation, fifty percent boring domestic life, and the remaining forty-five percent was lethal political maneuvering.

5 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Fun fact: life in a harem was like five percent decadence and sexual exploitation, fifty percent boring domestic life, and the remaining forty-five percent was lethal political maneuvering.

Granting that, I think I'd still go with a different name. 

1 hour ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Well, technically she's a servant to the concubines of the Orokin court. If she's especially beautiful and talented, she can then become a concubine. 

If she was a servant then the name Odalisk would fit, since the word Odal aswell as the rune it comes from means home, house or court. So, Odalisk, depending on how the Orokin language works, it may very well mean housemaid, servant of the house/court or something similar depending on what they mean as servant. It could be something related to the technological maintenance of the court, seeing as how it is a tech/gadget based frame, so could be something like a servitor in WH40k.

Unless of course it is Oda-lisk. Then I have no clue what it could mean.

21 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

If she was a servant then the name Odalisk would fit, since the word Odal aswell as the rune it comes from means home, house or court. So, Odalisk, depending on how the Orokin language works, it may very well mean housemaid, servant of the house/court or something similar depending on what they mean as servant. It could be something related to the technological maintenance of the court, seeing as how it is a tech/gadget based frame, so could be something like a servitor in WH40k.

Unless of course it is Oda-lisk. Then I have no clue what it could mean.

The point we're making is that odalisk actually in real life means either harem concubine's servant, or sexy painting of a harem concubine (as "odalisque"). 

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

People have been requesting Vauban to get a turret in his rework for years. But they instead withhold it for this new Warframe. Oof. 🤦‍♂️

They should just name her Vaubana. I mean, let's give the fortress name to the fortress frame. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

42 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

The point we're making is that odalisk actually in real life means either harem concubine's servant, or sexy painting of a harem concubine (as "odalisque"). 

I cant believe I missed that connection. I even read about this back in collage in connection to the ottoman empire. Though our professor was hellbent on the word Odalik even though Odalisk is the common use of the term here.

I guess my excuse is that it was long ago and apparently I'm getting old and senile.

19 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

The Ember rework is awesome. Not perfect, I could think of a few tweaks, but a massive improvement.

I enjoy the new Ember as well.  Still, i've seen a lot of other Ember enthusiasts be displeased with basically an entirely new kit.

Response was more tongue in cheek than actual serious reply.