Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector and Warframe, Same Universe?

SpringRocker

I feel like it's obvious, but does anyone actually KNOW if these 2 games are linked in the same universe?

Is there any lore to link the 2? I know there's lots of things that you can link between each game, but is it canon?

If someone has any input or ideas, I'd like to hear it. Even if it's some kind "crack-pot conspiracy theory" level of trying to make links when there are none PLEASE atleast post it, if nothing else it's a jumping point to explore further.

I've been trying to explore Warframe lore on my own but it all seem fragmented (which seems to be by design... Clever but I won't get into it right now). I'm looking for anything to grasp and examine.

Nope. I've read somewhere that DE did sort of hinted and winked a bit that they were the connected in some way in the early days of Warframe, then at some stage a little later decided to bring down the guillotine, retconned away all the hints, and definitively declared that they were not connected at all.

Edited by KnossosTNC

To make a very long story very short: kinda. As mentioned above, Warframe was born as a "we gonna do what the publishers wouldn't let us do with Dark Sector" kind of deal, but then they did start implying that the Warframe universe was, in fact, the Dark Sector universe in the future, what with the Tenno being named after the protagonist of DS. In fact, the initial plan was to reveal that Tenno (the man) had been the original Tenno (the race).

Of course the plot has since evolved in a completely different direction, but subtle nods to Dark Sector continue to randomly show up as minor easter eggs to this very day, so... Yeah, it's almost a meme at this point, it's like asking wrestler C.M. Punk what "C.M." stands for: you'll get jokes and funny references and winks, never a straight answer.

I'd say due to the leftover hints and nods that it's in the status of 'something similar might have happened, but only similar'.

For example there may have been a Tenno who utilised a glaive and fought the Infested a bunch, but the story of Hayden Tenno in the 21st Century never happened in the Warframe universe.

AFIK we live in the warframe universe given it's our solar system. It's just Warframe takes place very far into the future. As for the game Dark Sector I never played it and only seen clips of it at best. I would rather play Unreal Tournament which DE also work on.

It's not really possible to link anything to Dark Sector lore since there was so little fleshed-out lore to begin with. It had more plot holes than actual plot. You enter the game with questions and finish it with many more questions. And character development was just awful, Yargo was the only character I cared about; everybody else had no personality, including Hayden.