Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavator health should scale with enemies level


(NSW)Belaptir
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been doing a kuva lich mission with lvl 70-80 mobs where the excavator had 500 shield and 2500 hp. And you have to extract 500 cryotic. It was the antithesis of a fun mission. Basically you have to pray for the enemies to not even look at the excavator because it will die otherwise.

I get it, you should use this frame, or that build or that other one... Yeah, I know. But that's not the point. The point is that they are literally OHOK. I'm not saying that they should have 100k health each and be as tanky as the pod of a defense mission, but at least you should be allowed to not be babysitting the drill for the few seconds you need to get a capsule and put it back.

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir
Typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i'm always open to them taking a creative solution to it, rather than just basic Health scaling. things like Power Cells past the minimum needed to fully power also gives it +100% Shields per Cell, or other more creative things like that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i'm always open to them taking a creative solution to it, rather than just basic Health scaling. things like Power Cells past the minimum needed to fully power also gives it +100% Shields per Cell, or other more creative things like that.

That wouldn't solve the main problem: the excavator is way too fragile. Even with a 100% shields per cell, it means just 500 shields per cell, and a lvl 80-100 mob shoting something with 1000 shields is... well, a hot knife cutting through butter. I'm also up for any creative solutions, but they should guarantee that the excavator doesn't die in a single hit.

Maybe we could solve it with something different, maybe they can be healed by warframe abilities, or you can "pause" them meaning they get in a suspended status, invincible but unable to continue extracting for a fixed time every time you "suspend" them.

I don't know, what is clear is that they need some survivability in later missions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

That wouldn't solve the main problem: the excavator is way too fragile. Even with a 100% shields per cell, it means just 500 shields per cell, and a lvl 80-100 mob shoting something with 1000 shields is... well, a hot knife cutting through butter. I'm also up for any creative solutions, but they should guarantee that the excavator doesn't die in a single hit.

no single feature need be (or probably should) be considered a solution. just add useful features that can all be used together, so that the game can actually gain depth and interesting things to do in Gameplay.

being able to increase the Excavators' Shield Capacity is neat, now add another useful and interesting feature, and someone else add another, Et Cetera. several of them together would hit the goal and do so in a way that gives you something to do rather than going AFK and waiting for the Timer :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

And guess what they did in Orb Vallis too?

Normal starchart missions present conditions that are designed to require players think a little about their choice of frame, and specialise to some extent.

=> It's undesirable for those conditions to be too loose such that players can just take any frame in without consequence.

 

Vallis/Plains bounties are different. They present a sequence of different conditions through which players use the same loadout, requiring players to make trade-offs/compromises and generalise instead of specialising.

=> It's undesirable for one sub-objective to be such a strong determinant of frame choice for the whole bounty that players are forced to specialise.

Edited by schilds
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, (XB1)DA ZACHYZACHY said:

Just use limbo or frost, if it scaled it would just become to similar to defence, and maybe way too easy.

 

10 hours ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

I get it, you should use this frame, or that build or that other one... Yeah, I know. But that's not the point. The point is that they are literally OHOK

Have you even read the post or just went by the title?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, schilds said:

Normal starchart missions present conditions that are designed to require players think a little about their choice of frame, and specialise to some extent.

=> It's undesirable for those conditions to be too loose such that players can just take any frame in without consequence.

I am not saying they should be to easy, but one thing is making them too easy and another thing is making them stupidly hard without a reason. Can you imagine a level 100 lich defense mission with a defense pod that has the same HP than the lvl 3-5 earth defense pod? I'm not talking about making the excavator tanky (it's on the first post), but about not making them one hit ko.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

no single feature need be (or probably should) be considered a solution. just add useful features that can all be used together, so that the game can actually gain depth and interesting things to do in Gameplay.

being able to increase the Excavators' Shield Capacity is neat, now add another useful and interesting feature, and someone else add another, Et Cetera. several of them together would hit the goal and do so in a way that gives you something to do rather than going AFK and waiting for the Timer :)

I agree, I was just presenting a problematic to this idea. Now, a set of features to increase their survivability would be nice indeed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could give it small invulnerability window after putting power cell in or give it something like Revenant Mesmer Skin, one charge per power cell). Idk im so used to grab some defensive frame for such mission its really nonfactor for me (not saying that thing doesnt get OHK in longer runs sometimes).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

I don't play excavation or kuva survival exactly for this reason. I hate being forced to play a certain frame. 

It's always "oh variety is King" but these 2 modes don't allow it whatsoever.. especially in higher levels these things get 1 shot so easily it's kind of frustrating.

Some missions should be easier for certain frames, but not "exclusive of certain frames". This is exactly what I'm talking about. You should have an easier time doing a certain mission with a set frame, but that's it. Imagine if you couldn't do a spy mission without Ivara...

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...