Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

IDEA: Ayatan sculptures used for more than just endo extraction

hungryghost84

I was toying around with the idea of Ayatan sculptures being used for more than just an endo resource. Currently ayatans have no other purpose than just endo and decor.....but what if:

Option A - Ayatan sculptures can be used also as a resource to craft certain armor sets? The new armor set that came with ivara prime is ayatan inspired so that's where the idea came from. 

Option B - Ayatan sculptures can be used as a resource part for a specific weapon set? You know like now we have kuva weapons, we can also have a set of special 'ayatan weapons' to craft 

what you fellas think?

• Like 1

Considering that Steve was talking about ayatan sculptures possibly becoming 'polaroids of the orokin era' I doubt that they will be usable as a material for weapons and stuff.

But the idea to give them another purpose is really interesting

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, suchamess said:

Considering that Steve was talking about ayatan sculptures possibly becoming 'polaroids of the orokin era' I doubt that they will be usable as a material for weapons and stuff.

Reveal hidden contents

they also talked about how the umbra quest would have explained them being filled with memories

vor einer Stunde schrieb suchamess:

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

Sry, he didnt say "might become" but simply "might be sort of".

I remember being a little hyped and interested in whats coming next after i have seen that,

especially after he said "the market for ayatans might be more interesting in the future".

And guess what, all that happened was that they introduced new "primed" mods aka sacrificial mods which need a lot of endo to rank up - thats it😂

There has been absolutly zero new lore to ayatans added to the game, absolutly zero new mechanics - just new expensive mods so we needed endo again...

Just empty words to hype us with nothing translated into the actual game...kinda sad and funny at the same time how so much lore is just being touched in devstreams and interviews instead of...yeah.. telling storys in the actual game (besides some lines of text in the codex).

Edited by DreisterDino

2 hours ago, DreisterDino said:

kinda sad and funny at the same time how so much lore is just being touched in devstreams and interviews instead of...yeah.. telling storys in the actual game

I do think DE are genuinely trying to address this now though: they're adding more stuff to the Leverian, and if they can get someone to update it often enough, it can become a more active source of lore; the Codex wouldn't be obsolete, as people would use that for Information, while the Leverian would be for those wanting to know the story behind frames, weapons etc.

the main problem is whether or not enough players are actually interested enough in the lore to warrant this kind of work on something that doesn't directly improve the gameplay. as much a I like backstory, it should never be prioritised over fixes or content updates.

• Like 1