Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with Nova

(PSN)Claudija

Question

I apologise as this has been asked but I can't find it: what are Nova's strengths? 

I'm finding her hard to really get to grips with. The other girls I figured out and know what I need when but bless her, Nova evades me.

Mods are okay but really I'm asking about her rotation as in exactly what do we use Molecular Prime for, when is best for Wormhole that kind of advice. The mod advice would help make her less squishy as she seems to take a worse beating than the others. I have Rage, Continuity, Hunter Adrenaline, Corrosive Projection, Primed Flow, Umbral Vitality and Umbral Fiber on at the moment but where Wisp with fewer shields none of her Reservoirs and same mods has less Shields she takes more hits. 

Any hints and tips would be very appreciated as I like her a lot just don't yet understand her heh

19 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

Mods are okay but really I'm asking about her rotation as in exactly what do we use Molecular Prime for

Well, you need to add some strength mods. This lets you slow enemies down more (there is a cap). Nova is mostly useful for endless missions. You can speed enemies up if you have less than 100% strength, meaning defences go quicker.

Wormhole is not particularly useful in general mission. It can be helpful in open worlds though.

Build high duration for more antimatter particles from her 1 (Null Star). Each particle provides 5% damage reduction (max 90% damage reduction with 18 particles at 300%+ duration). Use Molecular Fission augment to replenish Null Star charges. Build positive strength to slow enemies and negative strength to speed up enemies. 

I use Rage / Quick Thinking along with maxed duration / very little range (Narrow Minded I think) and her Molecular Fission augment to keep her stars up for max damage reduction. Of course this makes Wormhole rather short; I only use it for quick movement in a pinch. Primed Flow and Vitality as well. 

For max slow you need 145% power strength. For max speed I think its 55%? 

Nova is OP and very tanky but you need to stay moving and keep her 4 on enemies as much as possible. I personally use Enemy Radar for an aura most of the time but I put an aura forma in her just in case. It makes the enemies movement easy to see.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

I use Rage / Quick Thinking along with maxed duration / very little range (Narrow Minded I think) and her Molecular Fission augment to keep her stars up for max damage reduction. Of course this makes Wormhole rather short; I only use it for quick movement in a pinch. Primed Flow and Vitality as well. 

For max slow you need 145% power strength. For max speed I think its 55%? 

Nova is OP and very tanky but you need to stay moving and keep her 4 on enemies as much as possible. I personally use Enemy Radar for an aura most of the time but I put an aura forma in her just in case. It makes the enemies movement easy to see.

I don't have Narrow-Minded yet, its from a trial I think?. Rage I have so will keep that on her. Primed Flow she has, Umbral Vitality is my best Vitality as I haven't got it Primed yet

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

thought so and those trials do not sound fun either

If you can wait until tonight I can sort you out some corrupted mods, pretty sure I have a Narrow Minded; free if you want and if I do have a spare! Otherwise I can run some with you this weekend.

As for the Rage mod: it only gives you value in this build when paired with Quick Thinking; the extra energy works to keep QT available.

Edited by (PS4)death404

1 hour ago, vegetosayajin said:

You kinda can't do a proper build for her without it.
It's from the derelict.

following your video link, changing her up and keeping those 7 currently swirling Null Stars: I got through over 25 mins Survival with just one death - compared to previously barely escaping after 10 minutes. I find the Anku helps due to attack speed and still debating her ranged weapons. Vid suggests a shotgun but not sure myself 😋

53 minutes ago, (PS4)death404 said:

If you can wait until tonight I can sort you out some corrupted mods, pretty sure I have a Narrow Minded; free if you want and if I do have a spare! Otherwise I can run some with you this weekend.

As for the Rage mod: it only gives you value in this build when paired with Quick Thinking; the extra energy works to keep QT available.

awww thanks Death, that's very sweet

15 hours ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

following your video link, changing her up and keeping those 7 currently swirling Null Stars: I got through over 25 mins Survival with just one death - compared to previously barely escaping after 10 minutes. I find the Anku helps due to attack speed and still debating her ranged weapons. Vid suggests a shotgun but not sure myself 😋

Personally I run her most of the time with whatever, but If I were to pick the most useful I would pick ignis/amprex , any kitgun for secondary and redeemer prime for melee.
Ignis(wraith)/amprex are for their pure power and crowd control(by control I mean all of the schmucks are dead) , the kitgun is for heavy targets and redeemer is just so you can use melee and also with my build it can pretty reliably kill very high level targets.
But weapons are personal preference, whatever works for you, use it. 

If you use Antimatter Drop for example a weapon like tigris to put insane damage inside of the orb is great too.

Edited by vegetosayajin

Any squishy frame use Primed Flow and Quick Thinking. Saved my life when I found out about this combo. All her abilities are not use for defense or offense. Her wormhole is only for speed travel. She is one of the neat frames where you can build her based on your ability purpose, Speed, Slow, Range Teleport or hybrids. Dur ration will help you stay alive on all her builds with ability 1. Her ability 2 is only useful for the Fortuna boss fight other than that you your weapons and melee are 100000% quicker when comes to killing enemies lol 🙂

Also check out youtube, Its the best source when coming to help with builds and how to play each frame to weapons to operators and farming everything to updates

Edited by kwlingo

38 minutes ago, kwlingo said:

Any squishy frame use Primed Flow and Quick Thinking. Saved my life when I found out about this combo. All her abilities are not use for defense or offense. Her wormhole is only for speed travel. She is one of the neat frames where you can build her based on your ability purpose, Speed, Slow, Range Teleport or hybrids. Dur ration will help you stay alive on all her builds with ability 1. Her ability 2 is only useful for the Fortuna boss fight other than that you your weapons and melee are 100000% quicker when comes to killing enemies lol 🙂

Also check out youtube, Its the best source when coming to help with builds and how to play each frame to weapons to operators and farming everything to updates

thank you for your help. How do we get Quick Thinking please? Is it transmutable or Derelict hunting?

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

thank you for your help. How do we get Quick Thinking please? Is it transmutable or Derelict hunting?

https://warframe.market/

I wish these websites would be sited in the game possible trade chat because it took me forever untill I started watching Youtube to find market and many other great site to help in the game progression.

wiki is another great friend. https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Corrupted_Ancient

Edited by kwlingo