Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Round 18 Accepted Items!

[DE]Taylor

1 hour ago, Rathalis said:

I'm starting to think that they've completely forgot to roll this sorry excuse for a tennogen round out lol

It always takes them a month or so to release Tennogen after it's announced.

On 2020-02-18 at 10:07 AM, Goosmo said:

Well, we were supposed to get feedback last week, but i haven't gotten any yet. Thought i could collect some feedback from different perspectives while i'm waiting. 

They don't give feedback to every creator.

En 17/2/2020 a las 0:02, Scruffel dijo:

The "time" I'm referring to, is the releasing an item at the same time as another. Sorry if that confused you.

Same time I was talking about.

Skin-spam? I really don't see how taking the time to create an item for a Warframe is considered spam. Even if it's for a Warframe that already has items, or multiple items in a round. Especially when it's the ladder case, that's usually considered a coincidence.

Sorry, let me rephrase that, we have no balance on the tennogen skins, a few warframes have too many items and a lot of warframes have none (excluding the new ones like Grendel) so this must be solved, I think that a lot of people would be more than grateful to see a round of items for those warframes.

Again, voting doesn't matter. Also, not sure what syandanas you mean.

Then, why are we voting?, DE just could open a post where the creators could leave their creations and await to be implemented. And Im refering to the winged syandanas especially but also that one that looks like the manic backpack and some others like the infested ones.

Well, they usually deny a creator's items for something that has to do with the item itself, not usually something surrounding it. Only cases of that could be when one item is too similar to another, or an item's faction/theme isn't allowed through TennoGen. But that doesn't have to do anything with time, nor with the "time" I'm referring too.

The first point here is correct but, if an item is similar to another by coincidence is... well... silly, it can happen and maybe it happened but if Im going to post some item, the very first thing I will do is check for similar items don't you think? as for the faction/theme, actually the only factions that you cannot touch is the stalker and the orokin and I saw none of this. The last point, maybe, but we cannot be sure of this, a really good skin for idk, rhino let's say will be overshadowed by a wisp skin because they were realeased at the same time and since the voting system is useless is DE choice.

Problem with that, is that would be creating limits and competition within the community, which isn't necessary since practically most of them are considered freelancers and doing it as a hobby. And trying to put a restriction on them that deals not with what they are allowed to create in the sense of what is appropriate within the game, but rather what they specifically want to, would be ruining artistic integrity. And trying to control a community which people can come in and out, can take breaks within, and suddenly come back would be hard to manage.

Yea, I was about to delete that part cuz' thought so. One example of that could be the graxx skin series, Ivara graxx skin came out this year I think but before that the last skin was for Wisp and it was done on august 2019.

hace 5 minutos, ozcg888 dijo:

Same time I was talking about.

Sorry, let me rephrase that, we have no balance on the tennogen skins, a few warframes have too many items and a lot of warframes have none (excluding the new ones like Grendel) so this must be solved, I think that a lot of people would be more than grateful to see a round of items for those warframes.

Then, why are we voting?, DE just could open a post where the creators could leave their creations and await to be implemented. And Im refering to the winged syandanas especially but also that one that looks like the manic backpack and some others like the infested ones.

The first point here is correct but, if an item is similar to another by coincidence is... well... silly, it can happen and maybe it happened but if Im going to post some item, the very first thing I will do is check for similar items don't you think? as for the faction/theme, actually the only factions that you cannot touch is the stalker and the orokin and I saw none of this. The last point, maybe, but we cannot be sure of this, a really good skin for idk, rhino let's say will be overshadowed by a wisp skin because they were realeased at the same time and since the voting system is useless is DE choice.

Yea, I was about to delete that part cuz' thought so. One example of that could be the graxx skin series, Ivara graxx skin came out this year I think but before that the last skin was for Wisp and it was done on august 2019.

Also DE could make more cool skins and nobody would be looking for the tennogen ones.... just saying 😛

1 hour ago, ozcg888 said:

Here's the thing. TennoGen is a community-based item submission system, which means that there are many artists and different creators who could be all working on multiple things, it's not like 1 single person is making all this stuff. Trying to make this out to be a problem and that needs to be solved, seems like shifting the responsibility and blame towards the artists. And it's kinda hard to complain about that sort of thing when multiple people are involved with it, and no one necessarily has to listen to that feedback, because who is it really directed towards? Again, how could you solve this issue without having to put unnecessary restrictions on artists?

4 hours ago, ozcg888 said:

Then, why are we voting?, DE just could open a post where the creators could leave their creations and await to be implemented.

We are "voting" because the currently used Steam Workshop's layout just so happens to have a voting-esque system in place. That's why I said DE should try to ask for a new Workshop layout that fits TennoGen more. Also the Steam Workshop allows for easier implementation since everyone can just upload their items there, without having to go through extra steps. DE just gets the items whenever they need to (at least that's how I assume it works).

if an item is similar to another by coincidence is... well... silly, it can happen and maybe it happened but if Im going to post some item, the very first thing I will do is check for similar items don't you think?

I'm not exactly talking about by coincidence, since that is understandable within that context. I'm talking about an item looking very similar to an item that already exists, for example, if I were to create a series of skins but every helmet for each Warframe would all looked the same.

as for the faction/theme, actually the only factions that you cannot touch is the stalker and the orokin and I saw none of this.

I know that, but I wasn't referring to any of the recent items. I was just talking about in general.

The last point, maybe, but we cannot be sure of this, a really good skin for idk, rhino let's say will be overshadowed by a wisp skin because they were realeased at the same time and since the voting system is useless is DE choice.

What would "overshadowed" mean in that context? As in the item was more popular or more focused by DE? Because it probably wouldn't be popularity, since they don't really care about that; and whether or not DE focuses on specific items is debatable to say the least. Definitely when it comes to items they have accepted or are going to. But, I wouldn't exactly say this means that DE doesn't at least check for most items on the Workshop (not just for eligibility but also being recently updated and such).

Also DE could make more cool skins and nobody would be looking for the tennogen ones.... just saying 😛

Is this supposed to imply... what exactly?

hace 12 horas, Scruffel dijo:

Here's the thing. TennoGen is a community-based item submission system, which means that there are many artists and different creators who could be all working on multiple things, it's not like 1 single person is making all this stuff. Trying to make this out to be a problem and that needs to be solved, seems like shifting the responsibility and blame towards the artists. And it's kinda hard to complain about that sort of thing when multiple people are involved with it, and no one necessarily has to listen to that feedback, because who is it really directed towards? Again, how could you solve this issue without having to put unnecessary restrictions on artists?

We are "voting" because the currently used Steam Workshop's layout just so happens to have a voting-esque system in place. That's why I said DE should try to ask for a new Workshop layout that fits TennoGen more. Also the Steam Workshop allows for easier implementation since everyone can just upload their items there, without having to go through extra steps. DE just gets the items whenever they need to (at least that's how I assume it works).

I'm not exactly talking about by coincidence, since that is understandable within that context. I'm talking about an item looking very similar to an item that already exists, for example, if I were to create a series of skins but every helmet for each Warframe would all looked the same.

I know that, but I wasn't referring to any of the recent items. I was just talking about in general.

What would "overshadowed" mean in that context? As in the item was more popular or more focused by DE? Because it probably wouldn't be popularity, since they don't really care about that; and whether or not DE focuses on specific items is debatable to say the least. Definitely when it comes to items they have accepted or are going to. But, I wouldn't exactly say this means that DE doesn't at least check for most items on the Workshop (not just for eligibility but also being recently updated and such).

Is this supposed to imply... what exactly?

First, Im not blaming the artists, Im blaming DE. And what restrictions are we talking about? I say'd nothing about creator restrictions.

Second, if you are creating a group of items it's ok because you are the creator and you want them to look similar but if a creator that have nothing to do with a project releases a similar item is just because that creator didn't care enough and it's mediocre. And I was talking about the items in general too, there was a few items with prime theme but those were from a creator that didn't read or forgot the rules of tennogen.

Third,overshadowed: something that seems less important or impressive than other thing. Since the voting system is useless only DE can say what items will be accepted so yeah DE focuses on certain items.

And that implies: everybody wants the tennogen items because they are (In their majority) the best in all warframe for fashionframe and DE doesn't do anything cuz' it is win-win, more creators can win money at the same time DE monetizes it (I don't see the problem with this) but if they want money, why they do not accept the popular items? if DE don't want to accept popular items then create plat skins.

I seriously can't understand why it takes them so frickin long to roll out tennogen. All the work is done, the physics boning wouldn't take more than a week and I don't think anyone cares if its rolled out without a bigger update. 

2 hours ago, ozcg888 said:

First, Im not blaming the artists, Im blaming DE. And what restrictions are we talking about? I say'd nothing about creator restrictions.

I'm talking about the rule you mentioned in previous posts, the one you said would "incentivize the creators". Which would involve only allowing 1 item per Warframe to be accepted in each Round, that's a restriction. And again, how would you solve the issue without any sort of limitations.

Third,overshadowed: something that seems less important or impressive than other thing. Since the voting system is useless only DE can say what items will be accepted so yeah DE focuses on certain items.

Again, that neither confirms or denies that DE doesn't at least see every item, and still focuses on the acceptable ones, nor does it really answer my question. And actually, would it even be called overshadowing in that case? Like obviously, the items that will be put into the game are going to be attended to, as it makes sure the items get properly implemented. At that point, an item can't really be overshadowed unless DE is willfully ignoring an artists' last minute fixes for a late acceptance.

everybody wants the tennogen items because they are (In their majority) the best in all warframe for fashionframe and DE doesn't do anything cuz' it is win-win, more creators can win money at the same time DE monetizes it (I don't see the problem with this) but if they want money, why they do not accept the popular items? if DE don't want to accept popular items then create plat skins.

First off, I know this might sound crazy, but maybe because its not always about money? Yes, DE is a company, but when it comes to TennoGen, they seem to abide to their guidelines and rules for the purpose of making sure accepted items are appropriate for the game. It may not seem important in the short term, because at the end day its a product for fashion, but it could eventually lead in the long term for less thematically appropriate items to be common and potentially shifting the art style in a different direction from the original vision (prime example TF2). Not saying at all any of the rejected items have the capability of doing that, but just accepting any item purely for popularity and profit could start leading into that.

Second, what do Deluxe skins have to do with certain TennoGen items being denied? DE would probably make them no matter what the outcomes of a Round would be. I'm still confused about the connection.

hace 15 horas, Scruffel dijo:

I'm talking about the rule you mentioned in previous posts, the one you said would "incentivize the creators". Which would involve only allowing 1 item per Warframe to be accepted in each Round, that's a restriction. And again, how would you solve the issue without any sort of limitations.

Again, that neither confirms or denies that DE doesn't at least see every item, and still focuses on the acceptable ones, nor does it really answer my question. And actually, would it even be called overshadowing in that case? Like obviously, the items that will be put into the game are going to be attended to, as it makes sure the items get properly implemented. At that point, an item can't really be overshadowed unless DE is willfully ignoring an artists' last minute fixes for a late acceptance.

First off, I know this might sound crazy, but maybe because its not always about money? Yes, DE is a company, but when it comes to TennoGen, they seem to abide to their guidelines and rules for the purpose of making sure accepted items are appropriate for the game. It may not seem important in the short term, because at the end day its a product for fashion, but it could eventually lead in the long term for less thematically appropriate items to be common and potentially shifting the art style in a different direction from the original vision (prime example TF2). Not saying at all any of the rejected items have the capability of doing that, but just accepting any item purely for popularity and profit could start leading into that.

Second, what do Deluxe skins have to do with certain TennoGen items being denied? DE would probably make them no matter what the outcomes of a Round would be. I'm still confused about the connection.

That rule was a quickshot and not intended to be the final solution and has no restrictions to a creator, they could do whatever they wanted as it is right now and I didn't say 1 item per frame, I say'd 1 skin per frame, anyways I doubt a creator would make 2 or more skins for a frame within 1-2 months so it's not a restriction and if you see it as a restriction then look at the actual system, with that idea we are only putting a limit on skin per frame per round.

Nope, DE surerly checks every item and let me repeat the context:

What would ''overshadowed'' mean in that context''? Something that seems less important or impressive than other thing. If that doesn't awnser that question let me ask what awnser do you want?

If it's not about money then they could implement those items as plat items... and again, I know that you cannot make hybrid items like grineer-infested or corpus-grineer, the only faction that you can and need to combine is the tenno and I know that a frame's basic mesh cannot be modified (at least the body) but I still think that many items had everything right and got rejected, same for some of the implemented ones.

Did I mentioned Deluxe skins? of course those are plat skins like the immortal ones so I think you missunderstood me:

Everybody hopes that the next round of tennogen would be better than the last one and that is something to look at, if a developer is constantly updating the game but the community is wating for the next community items instead of the developer's then something is wrong, anyways in the case of warframe we only have 2 series of skins the deluxe and the immortal but only a few are used so DE could release separate skins not as detailed as the Deluxe but a lot better than the immortal, their ''own tennogen skins'' since there are no one better than the creator to create something that follows the rules of his reality then that wold be the best, and it can awnser your question, everything stays the same on the steam workshop but this time if DE wants a specific frame skin they will make it.

On 2020-02-07 at 2:37 PM, (PS4)Gunfighter62 said:

I'm sorry, but this selection sucks. Very little in there, not to mention the absence of some absolutely stunning works like BeastBuster's Excalibur Blade of the Lotus V2 or the Saryn Night Hunter. Most frustratingly, I can't even have a say in the matter, I'm a console player so I can't vote on Steam and I have to wait months for items I don't even want, leaving me to wait even more for the next round and even then I won't be able to do anything. I get that PC is your largest audience (I think), but throw us a bone, will you? Console players should have a voice in this matter, too. 

You can get a steam account and vote.  ANd since the game is free to download you can just mark it off and then not actually download it, it'll accept you as owning a copy.

8 hours ago, ozcg888 said:

That rule was a quickshot and not intended to be the final solution and has no restrictions to a creator, they could do whatever they wanted as it is right now and I didn't say 1 item per frame, I say'd 1 skin per frame, anyways I doubt a creator would make 2 or more skins for a frame within 1-2 months so it's not a restriction and if you see it as a restriction then look at the actual system, with that idea we are only putting a limit on skin per frame per round.

That's literally a restriction. I was never arguing about cases in which one creator would make 2 skins for 1 Warframe, I was arguing about the cases where different artists each make a skin for the same Warframe, which is very common. And since you're limiting a Warframe to only have 1 skin, you'd have to deny one of the skins. Restricting the skin to be added because of factors unrelated to the item itself. Plain and simple, it's a restriction, and one that's not fair at all. And again, how would you solve the issue of not enough TennoGen item diversity?

Nope, DE surerly checks every item and let me repeat the context:

What would ''overshadowed'' mean in that context''? Something that seems less important or impressive than other thing. If that doesn't awnser that question let me ask what awnser do you want?

Would you mind at least having the quote with the context I was talking about?

On 2020-02-20 at 12:24 AM, Scruffel said:
On 2020-02-19 at 7:22 PM, ozcg888 said:

The last point, maybe, but we cannot be sure of this, a really good skin for idk, rhino let's say will be overshadowed by a wisp skin because they were realeased at the same time and since the voting system is useless is DE choice.

What would "overshadowed" mean in that context? As in the item was more popular or more focused by DE?

You were talking about an item potentially being denied because it released at the same time as another skin, as it would be "overshadowed". And I asked an A or B question (followed by an answer of myself) towards it on what factors determine it being defined as such. Your definition isn't helping because I know what it means. What I don't know is: what would "overshadowed" be in that context? Are you basing it on popularity or DE themselves?

If it's not about money then they could implement those items as plat items...

Because they have to pay the artists and Steam a partial profit of the skins. It's why we use the Steam Wallet, it's a basic transaction for all parties involved. Only time that changes is when TennoGen are transferred over to consoles and contracts are conducted.

and again, I know that you cannot make hybrid items like grineer-infested or corpus-grineer, the only faction that you can and need to combine is the tenno and I know that a frame's basic mesh cannot be modified (at least the body) but I still think that many items had everything right and got rejected, same for some of the implemented ones.

Wasn't talking about any of that, I was talking about items that would shift way too much from the themes of the game. Like making a complete fantasy styled item or extremely modern look. And actually I'm pretty sure you can combine other factions with the Infested theme, and I don't think it's the same Tenno, if I recall correctly.

Did I mentioned Deluxe skins? of course those are plat skins like the immortal ones so I think you missunderstood me:

Well, you said "plat skins". Deluxe are plat skins. So I assumed you were talking about them, and you didn't make an attempt to alude to anything else but I digress.

9 hours ago, ozcg888 said:

anyways in the case of warframe we only have 2 series of skins the deluxe and the immortal but only a few are used so DE could release separate skins not as detailed as the Deluxe but a lot better than the immortal, their ''own tennogen skins'' since there are no one better than the creator to create something that follows the rules of his reality then that wold be the best, and it can awnser your question, everything stays the same on the steam workshop but this time if DE wants a specific frame skin they will make it.

I could agree on DE making more series of their own in-house skins, but your last statement confuses me. You said before that if DE denies a skin for a TennoGen Round, they could just make a "plat skin", right? And now you're saying if DE so happened to have wanted a skin for a Warframe, they could just make it themselves. What says that DE seeks out specific Warframes to accept skins for? Or that they would need to make a skin in case of an item's denial? I just don't see the purpose.

hace 11 horas, Scruffel dijo:

That's literally a restriction. I was never arguing about cases in which one creator would make 2 skins for 1 Warframe, I was arguing about the cases where different artists each make a skin for the same Warframe, which is very common. And since you're limiting a Warframe to only have 1 skin, you'd have to deny one of the skins. Restricting the skin to be added because of factors unrelated to the item itself. Plain and simple, it's a restriction, and one that's not fair at all. And again, how would you solve the issue of not enough TennoGen item diversity?

Would you mind at least having the quote with the context I was talking about?

You were talking about an item potentially being denied because it released at the same time as another skin, as it would be "overshadowed". And I asked an A or B question (followed by an answer of myself) towards it on what factors determine it being defined as such. Your definition isn't helping because I know what it means. What I don't know is: what would "overshadowed" be in that context? Are you basing it on popularity or DE themselves?

Because they have to pay the artists and Steam a partial profit of the skins. It's why we use the Steam Wallet, it's a basic transaction for all parties involved. Only time that changes is when TennoGen are transferred over to consoles and contracts are conducted.

Wasn't talking about any of that, I was talking about items that would shift way too much from the themes of the game. Like making a complete fantasy styled item or extremely modern look. And actually I'm pretty sure you can combine other factions with the Infested theme, and I don't think it's the same Tenno, if I recall correctly.

Well, you said "plat skins". Deluxe are plat skins. So I assumed you were talking about them, and you didn't make an attempt to alude to anything else but I digress.

I could agree on DE making more series of their own in-house skins, but your last statement confuses me. You said before that if DE denies a skin for a TennoGen Round, they could just make a "plat skin", right? And now you're saying if DE so happened to have wanted a skin for a Warframe, they could just make it themselves. What says that DE seeks out specific Warframes to accept skins for? Or that they would need to make a skin in case of an item's denial? I just don't see the purpose.

If you see that as a restriction well...ok then it is , as for the question I gave you 2 ways, the second with no new restrictions.

I think it's pretty clear the ''overshadowed'' context, since our vote has almost none importance then DE's preferences will have the word.

As for the pay to the artist, it will work as the system we have now but the payment will be lower I think since 75p are 5USD, hmm no, I think it will be almost the same.

Let me read the rules of tennogen again.....ok, don't see any inconveniences with x-infested theme, my apologies for that, as for the tenno theme I think they can be combined too but not sure so apologies for that too.

A for the last point I should put ''Another solution for the problem'', my mistake. And I didn't said ''If DE denies a skin, they could just make a plat skin'' I said ''if DE want a specific warframe skin they can make a plat one (nothing to do with tennogen)'' DE as everybody has preferences but instead of waiting for someone to hit the mark they could do it themselves.

This is my last post, Im sorry if you don't understand my points, anyways thank you for taking your time to ''debate'' with me.

On 2020-02-21 at 1:30 PM, (PS4)Robby_Bevard said:

I'm dissapointed none fo the Blade of the Lotus stuff got in, AGAIN, as thats my favorite line... but its' really, REALLY obvious why "blatant ripoff Sephiroth" didn't make it in.  Like, REALLY obvious.

I love Ion series (got Rhino, Saryn and Frost) but this Revenant V2 doesn't look like a Warframe, at least not the hair the way it was made, imho.

V1.1 was waaay better and resemble sentient ish stuff! 

Don't know if and why he gave up on V1 for V2, probably DE didn't accept it for some reason I'll never understand..

V1 would be instant buy.

B960A62DE222F52032FFAF2FD85A282E715F7FE6

Archived