Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abort Larva Mission

Lacuda

So all this farming murmurs and killing liches gets us a bit reflexive with the mercy kills...I can't be the only one accidentally killing larvas before even having an opportunity to preview them.

Go to abort mission and still end up with a lich you didn't want with your already limited requiem supply.

Any way the abort mission could actually abort the larva thing too?

Or at least give us a platinum item that allows us to get rid of the lich?

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

You are definitely not the only one. The game created this muscle memory and now it has gone bad. Do you think a "hold to confirm" type mercy would help prevent that?

I'd say that or it could mirror how we kill the lich... hold "D" to mercy kill or "A" to release the larva. They could even just copy and paste the animation.

Definitely know it's not just me. My friends have experienced similar issues.

The other comments claiming we shouldn't want a fix...we shouldn't put down constructive criticism for user friendliness.

On 2020-02-10 at 3:30 AM, Senguash said:

It should only take screwing it up once to unlearn that muscle memory.

This seems like an easier problem for you to think yourself than for DE to try to fix it for you.

On 2020-02-10 at 3:49 AM, Voltage said:

Alt+F4 before the animation finishes if you screwed up and performed a mercy on a Larvling and don't want that Lich.

Though, I have to agree with @Senguash, it should only take 1 mistake for it to not happen again.

People are different. No need to be full of yourself thinking that just because you can do it, everybody else can and should.

Case in point, I've already made 2? 3? Liches entirely by mistake. And with no way to banish Liches, I have to grind them all the way through. This was all due to muscle memory -- except that it wasn't just that. It was also fatigue from having to roll the Larvaling dozens of times to try and get the weapon I want. Eventually, a mistake happens. Then, you or I are  out of luck.

It's not like hold-to-mercy would be a hard thing to implement. No need to speak on DE's behalf of what they can or can't do.

Edited by Gwyndolin-chan

I also developed muscle memory from killing so many thralls. I killed 4 larva's so far by accident because, I sometimes think of them as a thrall so I don't even think twice about preforming a mercy on them. It's painful enough going through the whole murmur farm again just to get rid of the lich you didn't want at all. I do wish you would only get the lich if you actually completed the mission instead of right when you mercy the larva.

• Like 2

Same thing here, your mind gets numb when you try to get one specific weapon and run a larva mission over and over again, where muscle memory can kick in at any point and you make the mistake of killing the larva. 

Now I'm stuck with a Lich I don't even want, and I don't wanna bother with the hunt. I guess that's enough lich hunting for me until this gets changed. 

It's more than "muscle memory." The game is telling you to proceed -- all the normal "Stab It Now" cues are there: the "downed thrall" sound, the red parazon icon above it's head, the enemy falling to a kneeling position, and the game instructing you to Press X (or whatever you've mapped that command to). The only substantial difference is the weapon image, which isn't immediately visible. 

The fact that those cues are the same for actions that have very different outcomes (killing a larvaling vs. killing a thrall) almost certainly contributes to the creation of accidental liches. 

Yeah, this one really harshens my mellow. Rerolled a larva I needed to take a brief break, and when I came back I forgot what I was doing and stabbed it without thinking. Now I'm stuck with this clown until I can find the patience to grind it out. I really hope abandoning liches becomes a feature sooner rather than later. In the meantime switching 'click' to 'hold' for the trigger would be a huge improvement.

• 1 month later...