Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are Riven Challenges still a thing?

Rxanadu

If it's a riven type that I'm after > open it.

If it isn't > sell it. Unveiled rivens sell for a little to a decent chunk of plat, depending on how popular certain ones are. 

For example unveiled pistol rivens were down to 10p a few weeks ago, then kuva nukor came around to bump them up to the 20-30p range.

And the challenges are nice, I think they should stay. They have players think outside the box to complete them, even if there are guides on how to do each and every challenge and what frames to use with certain ones, it's still a nice change of pace, and if you don't like it. You can either trade them for plat, or follow a simple guide to do the challenge yourself. You have options here, please use them, no need to get rid of a decent system just because you don't want to participate in it.

I don't have good sortie luck with rivens -- in all the time I've played, I still only have 37 rivens (and have probably not broken 60, total, if you include the ones I've deleted or sold). I now tend to just farm riven slivers when I want a new riven to mess with.

I probably only use about 8 of those weapons regularly, anyway, so when I get a riven I play around with it for a bit, and then either melt it, transmute it, or very rarely sell it. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

On 2020-02-11 at 5:44 PM, zehne said:

"8 consecutive headshots while in arch-wing without getting status"

--glances invisible barrier in plains @ 7/8, counter resets

It wasn't challenging, the whole goal was fly around high/far and get barely into sniper range so that enemies do not shoot at me.  It wasn't hard, just took time.

You can cheese with itzal and an assault rifle with fire rate mods only (no damage mods, actually things that reduce your damage dealt will help). You don't need to get headshot kills, just land headshots. I think I used Baza, modded to fire 30 ~ 40 bullets per second. You need to get close to enemies, but you're gonna fire so fast, that you might not even need to go invisible with Itzal.

After entering the Plains, it probably takes 15secs to pull it off.

On 2020-02-11 at 2:14 AM, 32768 said:

I have 450k Endo too, so I don't really know why do they exist, for me it's just some garbage I have to dispose of regularly.

This. Any Riven I've managed to open is for some trash weapon I don't have any more or don't want to use, so now I don't even bother. It's not worth the time and aggravation.

On 2020-02-10 at 8:23 PM, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Well i would prefer not to have to go through a hoop myself.  Most of them are easily done.

Theres only 2 i can never complete so i just dissolve them personally.

The defense object takes no damage challenge.  And the x headshots in a single airglide.   

Not worth trying. To much of a headache.

The headshot is easy get oleroa moa with its tractor beam and do a void survival with a strong prisma Gorgon or auto pistol it makes it really easy when you now have 12 seconds of aim glide instead of 3 or 4 seconds then add aerodynamic for an extra 6 seconds and now its 36

From what I was able to gleam from everyone's comments on this thread, I was able to compile a summary of everyone's feelings on Riven challenges:

• Riven challenges provide certain players with significant challenge (or any at all) within the game while the rest of Warframe has little to no involving challenges
  • Riven challenges have been trivialized significantly due to the abundance of thoroughly documented ways to complete them
  • Certain challenges are so cumbersome, it causes players to dissolve veiled Riven mods, sell them off, or disregard Riven mods altogether instead of solving the challenges
  • Players hold value in the minutiae of solving Riven challenges easier than others can
  • Riven challenges are seen as pointless and should be removed
  • Riven challenges are used to artificially inflate players' time playing Warframe as a way to maintain active players

Does anyone have any other thoughts on Riven challenges (beyond either keeping them as is or removing them outright) - whether it's how to rework them into the system, changing challenges themselves, or something else entirely? Been thinking about how they can become more useful for getting Riven mods in general.

The only thing I can think of is going to a vendor (either Simaris, the Iron Wake lady, the Arbitration vendor, or all three) to get a Riven mod. Instead of getting a veiled Riven, you take on a daily challenge from each vendor beforehand in order to get a Riven from a selection of weapon types (i.e. Primary, Secondary, Kitgun, Melee, Zaw, Robotic, or Archwing) instantly. Much like Simaris' daily Synthesis challenges, the Riven challenges stick around until you either complete them or cancel them out at the vendor. Meanwhile, getting a Riven via either a sortie or using Slivers at Iron Wake gives you a completely random Riven without any Riven challenge nonsense.

I'm thinking of a different rework to Riven mods in general, but this version of obtaining Riven mods could be a (relatively) quick fix for obtaining them a bit faster and with less issue. I think the concept of Riven challenges is generally sound; it's the current implementation and types of challenges available which seem to be the problem so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I like to buy say about 10 veiled with whatever the challenge just to go spend an hour or so unveiling. It makes a nice change of pace from doing a lot of the usual stuff in the game. Each to their own I guess.

And reading through I see quite a few mentions of the"kill Dargyn pilot before they hit the ground" challenge, for any that find this difficult just go to the plains at daytime with Mesa, find Dargyns, use peacemakers, job done. She trivialises this one tbh. Side note try to shoot them from the front first so they fall out as shooting them from behind sometimes kills the pilot first and doesn't count.

• 2 weeks later...

IDK but regarding the "kill 4 dargyn before they hit the ground while aimgliding" there is some weird stuff going on. I did dargyn challengesx before but this simply doesnt work with everything that work before for me.

Esp Mag and her 2

These challenges are one of the worst aspects for me in the game. But I guess they work as they are designed to... keep players from unveiling rivens and by that take them out of the market. WP 🙂