Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ember

Sharkgoblin

can you remove that energy drain thing from her 2, its really obnoxious and doesn't contribute to anything. 

if my energy doesn't get depleted by the passive from her 2 then it will get depleted anyways because i'm using her third ability to stop the energy drain and then 5 second later energy starts bleeding again

mind that i run max efficiency + rage or max efficiency + primed flow 

oh and what about removing that min damage - max damage thing with the charge time from her fireball. why not making the ability always do full damage.  

Edited by Sharkgoblin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

That's not a solution.

I propose that, the higher the heat for Immolation, the higher ability efficiency Ember gets for Fireblast. The ability costs no energy if used while overheating

Or just lower the base cost to 25. I have little to no issues managing my Immolation gauge as it is currently.

have been stuck in that spot where I'm low on energy and Immolation kicks in and starts eating what I have left before I can Fireblast, which means very shortly I'm left without DR or anything else - but it's something I ran into early and just had to manage to avoid. And of course, it'd be equally a solution to drop Immolation at that point while making a hasty retreat. I could see making Fireblast free at full Immolation - it makes some sense and might remove some of the headache people seem to get from managing her meter. She does very much require actively managing her meter, but I just find it fun. 

On 2020-02-21 at 10:05 AM, Blexander said:

Take the augment for Inferno, and you should have less issues with energy.

i will check out that augment

On 2020-02-21 at 4:45 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

That's not a solution.

I propose that, the higher the heat for Immolation, the higher ability efficiency Ember gets for Fireblast. The ability costs no energy if used while overheating

that would be helpful

18 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

have been stuck in that spot where I'm low on energy and Immolation kicks in and starts eating what I have left before I can Fireblast, which means very shortly I'm left without DR or anything else - but it's something I ran into early and just had to manage to avoid. And of course, it'd be equally a solution to drop Immolation at that point while making a hasty retreat. I could see making Fireblast free at full Immolation - it makes some sense and might remove some of the headache people seem to get from managing her meter. She does very much require actively managing her meter, but I just find it fun. 

i get in missions where i manage to not finish my energy ...maybe its because i threw an arcane energize in there, in another build i removed augur reach for rage it works so i think imma stick with that build. still dont like the energy drain, i mean ember needs that ability to make her other abilities to work properly and gain some survivability

Edited by Sharkgoblin

I just toggle off 2 when ever it starts to drain too fast, and it seems to be the only real strategy, as A) if you spam 3, you lose energy B) if you leave it on, you lose energy. Building up her 2 is easy but this is just a band aid solution. Either reduce energy cost for 3 if 2 is high, or reset 2's ramp up speed when using 3

On 2020-02-22 at 2:27 PM, Sharkgoblin said:

i get in missions where i manage to not finish my energy ...maybe its because i threw an arcane energize in there, in another build i removed augur reach for rage it works so i think imma stick with that build. still dont like the energy drain, i mean ember needs that ability to make her other abilities to work properly and gain some survivability

I don't have a set of Arcane Energize, because they're worth so much juicy plat that even when I get one I'd rather have a new color palette or deluxe skin. But this is one of the situations where Rage or the slightly better Hunter Adrenaline shines - it's very good for regen tanks on the one end that are routinely taking a lot of damage, and squishy casters on the other who at least won't be caught completely with their pants down on taking a bunch of damage, because they've now got some energy to deal with the source of the problem. Even with her DR, Ember is firmly in that latter category, especially when managing her DR is the problem.

On 2020-02-22 at 3:27 PM, Sharkgoblin said:

maybe its because i threw an arcane energize

This definitely should not have to be the solution to every energy hog in the game and it certainly should not be DE's justification for creating those energy hogs. 

I've been playing since the game launched on ps4. I did raids, and I do eidolons. I only have a rank one Arcane Energize and that is because of Nightwave. RNG, on top of limited access content, makes it too inaccessible to too many players for DE to balance around it. 

The whole energy economy needs to be redesigned, then fix energy costs accordingly.