Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Self Damage - Revert Changes to Sonicor and Staticor.

(PSN)Stealth_Cobra

The addition of the stagger mechanic on these weapons that never had any self-damage in the past makes them barely usable anymore.

The great thing about Sonicor and Staticor has always been the fact they could be used to Crowd control enemies by shooting it. It was a must own for any frames that lack crowd control capacities, as it allowed for example to ragdoll enemies near terminals and defense targets, for example.

Sonicor especially has always been about shooting nearby enemies with it. It has terrible range, meaning it's only useful in close range. Now, firing it in close range puts the player in near permanent stagger animation, in effect making the gun unusable and breaking momentum.

Again, I understand and I'm mostly ok with addition of stagger mechanic on weapons that used to deal self-damage... But it litterally kills me that my two favorite secondaries just were made almost unusable overnight when they NEVER HAD SELF DAMAGE in the first place.

• Like 27

I completely agree.

I am not a Twitch pixel-hunting try-hard player.  I like the more relaxed, if a little frentic PvE play here.   The Staticor allowed me to do this.   

Not going to go into a treatise about this here.   

The patchnotes should have mentioned specifically which weapons were going to be affected by this change, instead of a vague maybe-perhaps sentence.  

• Like 6

100% agree. The nerf to damage is _incredible_ - if an enemy is not at the exact center of the small bubble, they take little to no damage. I tried it out in a sortie, and while it normally mows down huge clumps of greneer, this time the only one sent flying was me; the "stagger" or rather "knock-down" I got from being on as much as the same tile as the explosion was incredible! How can enemies just shrug off being hit, but the player is sent flying? That is not a fun change, and I would _love_ to see it reverted!

• Like 10

yes please. Sonicor's  limited range makes it basically unusable for me now. My favourite goddamn weapon. I hate this change so much.

It's not even an overpowered weapon. The damage is lol. I use it for cc! It didn't need a nerf.

Edited by Reaper76OTP
  • Like 4

I 100% aggree for staticor , this weapons never dealt self-damage and it is very good aoe for secondary as i am using sniper single target, making it knockback when even you are far away is just plain stupid. Please DE revert it , this is not normal.

Edited by Happy2B
  • Like 3

I've been using the Staticor for quite a long time, I have a used percentage of 77% with 180551 kills and 156427824 XP.

I literally can't move while using this weapon now.

Cautious Shot is only 90% chance of reduction, so I can't even fix it in a reliable way.

Absolutely horrible. Not even sure if I want to play Warframe anymore, tbh.

And it's frustrating because I can clearly see they put in so much effort to make it absolutely garbage to use. Thanks DE did anyone actually ask for this

EDIT: ah, now I use Handspring on ALL of my frames and now the game is fun again

Edited by Zhuinden
  • Like 5

Bumping this... Especially since none of the patch notes even mentioned Sonicor , leading me to believe it wasn't even supposed to get the stagger / damage falloff treatment and it's probably a bug that you can't shoot a weapon with a 3 m range at a close enemy without getting staggered.

It's a gun that shoots sound forward , why the hell does it cause stagger to it's user ?

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra
  • Like 3

Just now, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Bumping this... Especially since none of the patch notes even mentioned Sonicor , leading me to believe it wasn't even supposed to get the stagger / damage falloff treatment and it's probably a bug that you can't shoot a weapon with a 3 m range at a close enemy without getting staggered.

It's a gun that shoots sound forward , why the hell does it cause stagger to it's user ?

Despite being left out of the patch notes,  Sonicor is now showing 0% AoE fall-off in the Arsenal, and some very brief testing in the simulacrum is showing no sign of a damage decrease.

Definitely still has stagger though.  Which, while kind of amusing, should be removed or made up for with a boost or two elsewhere.  Really bad idea to add self CC to what was already a weak, short range AoE weapon that's only real niche was some (enemy) CC.

• Like 2

I could see the Staticor's falloff being made less painful as with other weapons in today's patch, but god I don't want it to lose its stagger. This is the first time I've wanted to use the thing in a long time. 

It's not that I haven't been using it, because it had become my go-to weapon for ranking frames in solo Sanctuary since it's such a cheeseball, but it's definitely the first time I've wanted to. X P 

On 2020-03-05 at 3:01 PM, Reaper76OTP said:

yes please. Sonicor's  limited range makes it basically unusable for me now. My favourite goddamn weapon. I hate this change so much.

It's not even an overpowered weapon. The damage is lol. I use it for cc! It didn't need a nerf.

100% agree. Sonicor wasn't even that good, it was just really fun. Now it's worse for no reason whatsoever other than the fact that it technically dealt AOE damage.

• Like 2

I honestly thought I was being trolled by another player yanking me about while trying to run a map. Nope, turns out it was just Sonicor now with knockback and stagger... This... This isn't good... It's short range of the sonicor makes it so that you are going to stagger yourself if you are playing a fast frame. it bouncing off ANYTHING will make you stagger, whether it's a enemy, a wall, or some destructible object.

I'm not able to use it anymore...

• Like 3

Le 05/03/2020 à 18:34, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra a dit :

The addition of the stagger mechanic on these weapons that never had any self-damage in the past makes them barely usable anymore.

The great thing about Sonicor and Staticor has always been the fact they could be used to Crowd control enemies by shooting it. It was a must own for any frames that lack crowd control capacities, as it allowed for example to ragdoll enemies near terminals and defense targets, for example.

Sonicor especially has always been about shooting nearby enemies with it. It has terrible range, meaning it's only useful in close range. Now, firing it in close range puts the player in near permanent stagger animation, in effect making the gun unusable and breaking momentum.

Again, I understand and I'm mostly ok with addition of stagger mechanic on weapons that used to deal self-damage... But it litterally kills me that my two favorite secondaries just were made almost unusable overnight when they NEVER HAD SELF DAMAGE in the first place.

I'll plus this 1000 times. 

Seriously DE what has come into you since a few months? I won't say anything on the new Warframes because, to each his own taste, but any change you make on preexisting is disastrous... First "press 4 and forget" to "spam 4" Ember (how is that a progress? Especially with all control abilities removed), then "rework everything on Vauban instead of making the only 2 changes it really needed to make a new one even crappier although in a somewhat different way", and now that... 

Are you really playing the same game as us?

Edited by Citan666
  • Like 5

Joining in on this.
Sonicor has been my secondairy nearly the entire game. I love it, put so much work into it and now it's utterly useless :(

I love to ivara stealth around places. And for long distances I would snipe enemies. if they came up close, i would clear my surroundings with the sonicor.
now that's just.. UGH...

Come on DE, don't mess all this stuff up for us. Who asked for this? certainly wasn't the playerbase.

• Like 1

Another bump for this topic from me. I love the Sonicor - it's not a damage dealer, but it's so much fun to send a crowd of enemies flying with it. This change makes it so painful to use, and seeing as it never dealt self damage, this nerf was completely unnecessary for an already bottom-tier meme gun.

I'm not going to build another Sonicor to try it with the changes, but considering that it was only ever a knockdown gun, having it knock down the player just as easily seems about as good a value proposition as the Ogris was last week. I'm a fan of the changes to the Staticor with the caveat that I could see the self-stagger radius and falloff % both softened somewhat, but the Sonicor probably should be changed back completely as the one exception. Like, the three wave guns and the Quellor alt fire are all better candidates for self-stagger than the Sonicor.

• Like 2

My Staticor is completely ruined!

It is unplayable in its new state; nearly every shot sends me to the ground and all but a tiny remaining fraction of its damage capabilities have been rendered inert. And, my consolation prize is that after 600 or 900 login's I may get to use this again with Primed Sure Footed?

The real damage by these changes is my trust in DE as a player.

My Staticor represents hundreds of hours of gameplay (polarizing/resetting, collecting mods, collecting endo, collecting Kuva, running the Index for credits) and purchased platinum to buy Catalysts and trade for Staticor specific Rivens. And, in a single update, all of the time and effort I put into buying, trading, and crafting this into my favorite weapon was completely undone, and, I am left with impotent, well forma'd, garbage.

I spent half the day today, playing through the new changes and running relics to finish getting parts for a Tigris Prime.  I have wanted to get that gun since I started playing Warframe in 2018, and, I've been very excited to try and get this ever since it was un-vaulted earlier this month.  After finally getting all the pieces this afternoon and queuing my Tigris prime up in the foundry, I started looking at what Rivens I could get and how much forma I would need to make this gun a force to be reckoned with!  

Then, looking at my very broken Staticor, it hit me.  Why?  What would be the point?  I will spend hundreds of hours building a Tigris Prime into the gun I want it to be... And then what?  Some future rework will make it so that every time I fire my Tigris Prime I will get blown across the room?  And, then only way it will do the damage it used to will be to get so close I have to practically insert the barrel in a Grineer's mouth before I fire?

The intentional decay of all the time and effort I have put into my weapons absolutely ruins this game for me.  If all the time I spend grinding, collecting, trading, and updating can, and have, been undone by my benevolent overlords on any given weekend without cause or compensation...then why should I put in effort or plat into any of it in the first place?

We have had good run.  Up until now, this has been my favorite game.  I have played at least an hour or so every day ever since I started.  I enjoyed TennoCon last year, and I was looking forward to it again this year (I had such plans for Baro this time).  But, at this point I don't have the trust to put anymore time into this.  I am uninstalling and leaving 1000's in purchased plat, my primes, and my now nerfed weapons to collect digital dust on DE's servers.

So long Tenno, and thanks for all the fish!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Nonagon_Ninja said:

But, at this point I don't have the trust to put anymore time into this.  I am uninstalling and leaving 1000's in purchased plat, my primes, and my now nerfed weapons to collect digital dust on DE's servers.

So long Tenno, and thanks for all the fish!

DE's MO is to release a bunch of sweeping changes and to more properly calibrate a lot of them after feedback for the next week or three.  And maybe that approach in itself makes it worth quitting for you.  But if it's really just the specific weapons and this is/was your favorite game....I'd say check in once in a while.

• Like 1

"Ruined" is subjective. AoE weapons have been far more capable than anything not AoE for a while now and players are only just catching up to that. Now, all AoE weapons have a hand-tuned falloff and must be used at a range compatible with their blast radius. That means that every AoE weapon in the game has a distinct behavior that makes each one behave a bit differently and require slightly different play than the others. 

Zakti and Sonicor are clear cases where the new system doesn't work and need to be special-cased. Staticor, so far as I can see, is working as intended. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

"Ruined" is subjective. AoE weapons have been far more capable than anything not AoE for a while now and players are only just catching up to that. Now, all AoE weapons have a hand-tuned falloff and must be used at a range compatible with their blast radius. That means that every AoE weapon in the game has a distinct behavior that makes each one behave a bit differently and require slightly different play than the others. 

Zakti and Sonicor are clear cases where the new system doesn't work and need to be special-cased. Staticor, so far as I can see, is working as intended. 

agreed, but there was no reason for DE to take it this far. currently i just circumvent self stagger mechanics with oberon, nezha, rhino, nyx(assimilate), and atlas. while i enjoy playing these frames they shouldnt have smashed this mechanic into the majority of AoE weapons when its this easily bypassed.

• Like 2