Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming arcanes by defeating gantulysts and hydrolysts is too difficult for a solo player

PaladinSS

Until now, so many important arcanes need to be farmed on the Eidolon plain, but it needs teamwork to do so to defeat all three bosses.

I played warframe for several years and I do not have friends playing with me, but a random team for Eidolon three bosses is difficult.

After the arcane revision today, the importance of arcane is increasing, but I still have no way to farm these from gantulysts and hydrolyst.

Because it really needs TEAMWORK.

I recommend DE can have another way of farming arcanes. For example, us point to change arcanes just like fortuna.     

Edited by PaladinSS
  • Like 2

There are lots of things you can't do as a solo player. This is something you will have to come to terms with if you refuse to play with others. Things will be more difficult solo.

You shouldn't get things handed to you without effort and teamwork for something that is built for that.

• Like 2

You could try using the recruit chat to find groups that do them quicker than the automatic system. Arcanes aren't the only thing that's slower to get if you solo, or auto pug only.

Arcanes may also be easier to earn in the future anyways, as they'll be a reward you can choose in upcoming content.

A side note, you should avoid using grey/gray text, as it's difficult to read when using dark theme.

Edited by Yamazuki

16 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

There are lots of things you can't do as a solo player. This is something you will have to come to terms with if you refuse to play with others. Things will be more difficult solo.

You shouldn't get things handed to you without effort and teamwork for something that is built for that.

There are vanishingly few things you can't do as a solo player. Eidolons are just among the worst for the simple fact that you have to devote something important to the task of babysitting lures. Whether that's by running Trinity - coming at the cost of damage output benefits, notably including Volt as the only frame who lets an operator deal with shields better - or by bringing Vazarin focus - at the cost of other school benefits like reliable energy (since Eidolons are inconsistent for Rage energy-gain triggers), or damage buffs for operator and/or frame.

You might notice that even the 'speed solo' videos involve some incidental losses of lures due to going all-in on damage, and just as often rely on the spamming of energy restores (which should not be considered healthy gameplay).

On the other hand, if you're talking only about Arcanes - to be fair on the other side of the argument, 'nigh-impossible solo' is still sort of an improvement over 'actually impossible solo' as the Raids used to be.

It's just bothersome that the lure mechanic exists as this artificial tantamount barrier. If it was just killing eidolons, there'd be less problem. If Lures weren't vulnerable, too, it'd be straightforward.

@PaladinSS My competent albeit slow solo strategy involves Oberon (Smite Infusion for the damage shots plus Hallowed Ground for anti-magnetic), Rubico Prime (obvious), Sarpa (reduce but not remove armour with certain number of Shattering Impact shots); using the Vazarin focus for lure maintenance because Oberon's focused more on the area of Hallowed and the strength of Smite Infusion.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thural said:
38 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

There are lots of things you can't do as a solo player.

1. Eidolons

2. ???

I'd argue Veil Railjack missions are effectively unfeasible solo.  Hypothetically you could, but god why.  Of course, once the Command Intrinsic come out, that will change.

Regardless, doesn't change the silliness of the argument either way.  On top being practically mandatory in groups, the short time window makes people incredibly selective and impatient to people who don't have the "perfect" setups.  I find queuing with randoms actually more pleasant than trying to find specific groups, and that's such a shot in the dark I usual just ignore that Eidolons and arcanes even exist anymore.

21 minutes ago, EiriMatsu said:

I'd argue Veil Railjack missions are effectively unfeasible solo.  Hypothetically you could, but god why.  Of course, once the Command Intrinsic come out, that will change.

Regardless, doesn't change the silliness of the argument either way.  On top being practically mandatory in groups, the short time window makes people incredibly selective and impatient to people who don't have the "perfect" setups.  I find queuing with randoms actually more pleasant than trying to find specific groups, and that's such a shot in the dark I usual just ignore that Eidolons and arcanes even exist anymore.

I solo gian point just as fast as being in a squad, as well randoms don't waste my resources.

You do realise you're just pointing out reasons that eidolons being squad exclusive is undesirable right?  Over exclusive matchmaking, or risking randoms.

Edit: I thought you were the person I quoted, your comment makes more sense to me now.

Edited by Thural
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kevoisvevo said:

Actual stupid reply which just hand waves the complaint.

No, it's not. DE's choice to have solo play and/or team play is neither wrong nor right. Eidolon hunting is one of those contents where DE wants us to play as a team. They allow us to do it solo, but they don't make accommodations to make it just as "easy" if it was with a team.

• Like 2

You can solo them no problem, its just harder/longer. 

The game is already so trivial its boring, at least some content has to be 'endgame' somewhat challenging and requiring teamwork. 95% of the game is very easy, so dont complain and let 5% of the game be for people who actually want something non-trivial to do.

Jut buy arcanes for plat if for some reason you cant\dont want to do eidolons

1 hour ago, EiriMatsu said:

I don't really know what you're talking about. I don't even have a particularly good Railjack (mkIII Sigma everything. Midtier damage/health/armor avionics. No crit avionics.) and I can farm veil just fine. You just need to use super cheesy exploits to do it.

Void hole a bunch of enemies, fly up to it, and watch as your ram kills them all automatically. If that's too slow, launch a single seeker missile into the black hole and watch them instantly vaporize.

Crew ships just aim at, slingshot yourself on board, operator rush the console, cipher it, blow up the reactor, and teleport home. When you get back kill any boarders, and then teleport back into pilot seat to continue.

It's not much slower for me solo than with a crew.

If you don't have void hole then just use archwing because it's just as fast and way safer.