Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

A horror theme warframe. A warframe that incorporates horror aspects or tropes into it's design and function. For example the design could be doll or mannequin-like with stitches and a distorted face to give it a creepy vibe. I was also thinking of incorporating different movement styles for it, like a ghost style movement where it can float at pass through enemies and certain walls or obstacles and a cryptid style movement where it crawls on all fours very fast on walls and ceilings and can lunge at great speed and distance. For it's roll maybe a debuff and CC frame with a slight hint of DPS. For the abilities, an eldritch theme or 'curses' that act as debuffs, something that can manipulate the environment and enemies in it's favor, like the world around it is succumbing to its own horrors and leaving chaos in its wake.    

Sapper

We have warframes that can heal you, replenish energy, add armor, but we do not have warframe that can replenish ammo.

I know, you can simply get ammo from enemies and Ammo mutation mods. That would be just "side efect".

The main purpose is to replenish ammo for his tools and weapons like turrets, exalted weapon etc.

Warframe "Pyro". Damager 

Passive skill: 20% more damage by any weapon in hands due to explosions 

Active Skill 1. Throws a bomb that causes 900 points of damage by the status depending on the energy color 

Active Skill 2: Throws mines with tripwire,damage equal to the damage of enemy weapons 

Active Skill 3: releases a small dron that attaches to the target enemy and makes him run to the area of maximum enemy concentration. When it reaches the area with minimum 4 enemies, the mine explodes and cuts half of enemies' HP 

Active Skill 4: Releases Pento Pyro. Its granades attract enemies and explode causing 700 hp

of damage

What about a Weapon Summoner Warframe? Like a collector or guardian from the old war. He or She could have the Orokin forbidden weapons collection on a black hole like plan, being able to summon this weapons when needed. Could summon melee and ranged weapons being able to throw then on enemies or use then to fight. He or she could summon shields to self defense, cannons and other guns, and lots of spears, swords etc to use on close combat or throw on enemies. Weapons could be random from a specific arsenal he or she has. Player could choose the weapon type (defend, ranged, melee), and choose how to use it (for himself, a ally, throw it on enemies if is a melee, or leave on the battlefield and move on). 

This warframe could support teammates with some bonus when they use their weapons. Could defend with giant shields, cc when throw the weapons or use se the weapons with his own hands. Think about a Warframe that can be used without any other weapon from your arsenal, because he's a arsenal himself.

Or maybe he or she could actually summom weapons from your own arsenal and you could choose what weapons to use with him, it's also an idea. 

Yaga - The Elemental Master

The idea me and my roommate had for this warframe was based off the teaching of witches and their connections to the elements but also personally wanting to see a new support warframe in the game decided to go with a healer/support route rather then another heavy damage/tank warframe. The theme is based around three elements which is: Water, Earth and Fire! We did talk about Air instead of fire but didn't wanna take thunder away from a couple of the..air based warframes *cough*. The idea was to give each ability something unique and fresh for the game while still keeping in mind the limitations and also potential pair ups that could   make the warframe broken. Yaga is a witch or a caster of sorts that does use the elements to help but also do damage in a fun concept! I had fun with my roommate coming up with ideas and possibilities for energy costs and just general "this is cool" comments. 

Abilities

Elemental Attunement (Passive): Enemies at random have a chance to drop motes which buff Yaga's first, second and third abilities. She is also less susceptible to status effects but is not completely immune, instead their timer doesn't run as long.

(First ability)
Aquifer: Yaga have a strong aura around her which gives a passive heal to those who are in range of her. If buffed by a mote the healing output in doubled and when leaving her aura teammates will have a short linger of the heal before dropping off.

(Second ability)
Terrestrial Fortify: An aura surrounding Yaga that gives allies an armor boost while in range of her aura. When buffed with a mote small tremors will pulsate and if enemies are in close range of Yaga will be straggered for a brief moment.

(Third ability)
Pyre: Yaga can fire 4 fire orb into any direction within a limited timeframe. If a moted is active Yaga can chose to charge up the fireballs to deal double damage in a cone in front of her.

(Forth ability)
Elemental Overload: While this ablility is active Yaga gains a number of buffs to her first 3 ablilities:

Aquifer: Increases the healing output by triple the cap amount and any ally with the heal also has a longer grace period outside the aura before the effect drops off

Terrestrial Fortify: Doubles the armor boost to allies along with if allies are in her aura will gain the tremor buff while element overload is active.

Pyre: Doubles the damage of the orbs and triples the charge up cone when elemental overload is active also giving Yaga unlimited orbs and charge up chances while this ability is active.

While Elemental Overload is active all three abilities can be active at the same time

Foot note for design artists: PLEASE GIVE HER A WIZARD HAT! ❤️

Well, something I've been thinking about recently is a Warframe that is based around the Hecatoncheires from Greek mythology. It has always been something that I felt was lacking in Warframe. A frame who has multiple arms, not necessarily material arms, could be energy arms, is a pure berserker type frame and also larger than the others. When I say berserker, I mean something on the lines of, he gains more damage for health lost, he can divert aggro to himself, things like that.

Norrit, warframe lost to the void. Has powers relating to manipulating spaces and casting void damage type abilities,

1) an ability to tag enemies and be able to pull them through a wormhole dealing void damage and teleporting them to another tagged location.

2) have the frame phase into enemies, then control them, using energy continually to keep them alive until the timer runs out or you reactivate it and you phase back out dealing aoe void damage, leaves a pickup for void empowerment if it kills the enemy you possessed.

3) Empower an ally or yourself with the void, giving bonus void damage to hits and an aura that prevents % status damage taken and gives that as a charge and expels the accumulated damage in an explosion reflecting the damage types prevented.

4) Ultimate transforms you into a wraith of the void, % damage reduction and several casts available only in wraith form that are for pure void damage, status effects absorbed by void empowerment are applied to void attacks. 

This is a strange ability set I bad in mind but it would be interesting to see a frame that can switch easily between offensive and defensive capability without the need of switching mod setups. 

So in essentially I thought what if this frame (I dont have a name for it) could cast armor pieces over its main body parts (arms legs helmet chest) then as part of seperate abilities deploy each separately for example the abilities could be:

1. Armor ability: you could cast six instances giving you over shields and armor or maybe extra damage reduction for your shields (might work well with the new shield rework) and if you hold to cast you'll cast all six using up more energy in the process

2. Turrets: you must have at least one instance of your armor to use this but you can remove one of your instances of armor in order to place it as a stationary turret placing multiple in one area might have some sort of buff to other turrets if held to cast you can retract the turrets back on to yourself as armor again

3. Orbitals: you convert some of your armor pieces into orbitals that can deflect projectiles or stagger melee enemies and can be cast to allies or defense objectives hold to cast once again retracts the armor pieces

4. Basically your armor becomes extra arms: if you have 3 armor then you can only form one extra arm attached to your back somewhere and if you have all 6 then you can have two extra arms which can wield all of your weapons at once. For example if you are holding your primary then the two arms would hold your melee and secondary and hit enemies within their range if holding your secondary your main arms would also wield your melee but functionally everything would still be similar as an extra incentive the arms wielded weapons should have some increased fire rate or damage multiplier.

PROXY! 

Some problems cannot be solved quietly! Some problems require liberal and indiscriminate application of high explosives, lasers, and gunfire! For those problems, we have Proxy. Made by the Corpus, stolen by the Tenno! Collateral damage is to be expected.

fFjY2j7.png

Missile launchers! Unleash a rocket volley while aiming to douse a target with dumb-fire high explosives, or fire on the move for a chaotic spray of enemy-seeking missiles.

Pew Pew! An automated shoulder-mounted sentinel-weapon turret fires on nearby enemies or incoming projectiles.

And remember; there is no such thing as "Too much gun"!

Light theme warframe

Name: Lux

1. Optical camouflage
  2. Spectrum - selecting between the light spectrum
    1. Ultraviolet - proc radiation
    2. Visible - blind enemies
    3. Infra-red - proc heat
  3. Photon - become beam of light and hit enemy. each hit will directed to another enemy nearby/surface, goes on until a number of hit reached
  4. Ultimate skill - Pending? 

OK, I want a stealth frame.  Yes, another one, but with a twist.  Something styled after stealth aircraft, all sleak angles and tech.  Something like how itzal was styled.  Or like...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq2Oa4XcoeZwXnAUypMo8

Mechanics wise, focus on evasion and undetection with extreme range sniping.  Maybe toss in some deployable drones for good measure.  If a female frame, call her Clandesta.  If male, call him Shadow.  Pretty simple.  You could even have their passive be something like "Long range attacks deal more damage".  Cause that's all snipers need is another buff...

Just now, JohnyPherphis said:

A jester warframe. Altough we already have Mirage, she is more on the tone of optical illusions rather than jokes and pranks. Just give him handshake shocker and a cool hat.

His four could be a flower on his chest that sprays water like a firehose, ragdolling and dealing damage.

Can't be bothered to read all the comments, but if it was already posted then you can count my vote for them.

But I was thinking of an interdimensional frame that causes holes in reality, whereas Limbo takes enemies with him, this frame could cause some things come out from others.

This theme could also be fitted for a lot of the themes asked here, interdimensional warping could be used for summoning, or even selecting exalted weaponry that "doesn't belong" Go wild, develop some weird visuals and abilities, all in good fun.

So basically easy to understand concepts on abilities, but some hard to understand visuals.

I'm a huge fan of H.P Lovecraft, so getting to vote for a "unexplainable but there" theme sounds great.

Since protea is coming soon, and they have that whole corpus vibe, maybe one that has those grineer vibes. Projectile Weapons, Explosions, Shock Tactics etc. For the lore it could be one of Vor's tests, and the Queens have kept it but its escaped maybe? For the look of the frame something big and bulky, maybe like the wolf of saturn six.

Archived