Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

Ghost inspired frame

1st ability-the warframe becomes transparent letting projectiles phase right through the frame for a short duration all damage phase through is redirected back in the next attack

2nd ability-invisibility with it comes increase of movement and parkour speed 

3rd ability-can take possession of enemy units and cause them to kill them selves causing panic to any enemy unit not effect 

4th ability-soul absorbtion each kill increase melee damage this part of the ability can stack up and provides a small amount of health to provide survivability

Passive-Thermokinesis drops the temperature around him causing enemies to slow down and panic

I noticed that we have a Halloween theme going on with the Warframes.

• Inaros - Mummy
  • Nekros - Grim Reaper
  • Garuda - Vampire
  • Grendel - Jack O' Lantern
  • Khora - Cat Lady

It'd be cool if we can get a werewolf theme Warframe, which comes with a Kubrow; like how Khora is with her Kavat.

That'd be nice to add into the collection.

Theme: A Drone themed warframe!

The General Idea: It would be similar to the Wukong clone but all your abilities would center around this tactical drone.

My Thoughts: I really like Wukong's clone friend, and I feel like it could be so much more. Imagine if you could deploy a futuristic drone that follows and mimics your gun and then you could command it around, make it shield a place, maybe crowd control an area, maybe teleport to switch places with it, or other stuff. An interesting thing I envisioned was that your abilities would deploy from the drone but when the drone is not deployed, the abilities would come from your warframe. For example, if the drone would be on your warframe your 4 ability might shoot missiles from your hand or something, but if the drone were deployed the same ability would make the drone do an aoe missile barrage instead maybe.

How about a mimic frame, a frame that can turn into objects/enemies by taking a "sample". If you are an enemy you can attack and move normally but its a constant energy drain, if you are an object, i.e. supply cache, you cant move or attack until you stop using the ability but it doesnt drain energy.

I'm not exactly one for design so I have no concept art for this one but I've has the idea for a while.. A centurion style frame that buffs self and allies with speed and barriers.

Gladius

Wields an exalted sword and shield- Pugio and Scutum- when no melee is equipped

Bulwark Stance- Stand in place and hold your shield in front of you to absorb incoming damage. Shield only applies barrier to front, becomes immobile and can only rotate in place. Drains energy the more damage it blocks, absorbing damage builds 'Command' and converts projectiles into ammo for equipped weapon when ability was activated. Efficiency determines the amount of damage Bulwark can absorb, range determines horizontal outstretch of shield.

Shield Phalanx- Reinforce an area or ally/self with a small high health shield dome absorbing incoming damage for 10 seconds, increasing move speed of player applied to and builds 'Command' as damage is absorbed. Health of shield can be increased with power strength and time lengthened with duration.

Jupiter's Might- Slam your sword against your shield with a battle cry of encouragement, buffing self and nearby allies with shields. Applying overshields if shields are full, if missing any it restores missing shields. Requires more energy for each ally within range. Overshield application can be increased with strength.

Centurion's Command- Wield Pugio and Scutum in your hands, unleash a bloodcurdling warcry and mow down your foes with the mighty tools of a Centurion. Buffs nearby allies attack speed and applies overshield to self whilst fearing nearby enemies. Duration and overshield strength are determined on how much Command has been built with Bulwark Stance and Shield Phalanx. Fear range and duration determined on power range and duration.

Passive- Armor and block efficiency increased 25% when sword and shield or Pugio and Scutum are equipped.

On 2020-03-06 at 10:53 AM, [DE]Helen said:

Community-Created-Warframe-Header-alt-blue.jpg

We’re calling upon the Warframe community to create the next Warframe! You can stay up-to-date on the design phases in the official Community-Designed Warframe thread.

The theme is the foundation of every Warframe’s design. Over the years, we have seen countless fantastic ideas in the Fan Concepts subforum and across the Internet. That creativity is what we’ll need to breathe life into this Warframe! Share with us a Warframe theme you’d like to see inspire the next design.

How to submit:

In this thread, share a description of a Warframe theme that you would like to see in-game!

We aren’t considering Abilities during this design phase. First, it’s all about a strong theme! Expound your idea and make it the best it can be.

Guidelines:

• One submission per player.
  • Theme can’t be changed after it is submitted. You may edit your post to make small changes like fixing typos. "Reason for edit" will be reviewed.
  • If there are duplicate theme submissions, only the one that was first posted will be considered - we’ll be watching!
  • Theme idea must be original. Your submission can be from a post you made elsewhere as long as it’s your own!
  • Details like back stories might be altered by the Dev Team as needed to ensure consistency with Warframe’s overall design.
  • Concept art can be included in submissions but will not be considered in the final design or when selecting the final theme.
  • Do not reserve spots in this thread.
  • Only post submissions in this thread.
  • Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered.
  • Chosen submission becomes property of Digital Extremes.

We understand that we can’t avoid duplicate Warframe theme submissions, so please do your best to submit a theme that has yet to be presented, and we’ll do our best when sorting through to ensure there is a fair opportunity for all!

Selecting the Final Theme:

Call for submissions will close on Thursday, March 19 at 1:00pm ET.

After reviewing all theme submissions, the Warframe Team will choose a Top 10 to present to the Design Council!

The Design Council will then vote to determine the winning Warframe theme. Design Council voting will begin on Friday, March 20 at 1:00PM ET and run until Thursday, March 26 at 1:00PM ET.

After the Theme is Chosen:

Community artist, Eornheit will create the Warframe’s official design based on the chosen theme! Once the design is complete, we will make an open call to the community once again to design the Warframe’s Abilities. Follow each phase here!

The community-created Warframe’s name and final design will be revealed on Saturday, July 11th during the TennoCon 2020 Live Stream!

ALL PLAYERS FROM EACH PLATFORM CAN PARTICIPATE

Let us hear your Warframe ideas, Tenno!

What if there was a Warframe named Forma

Lore: Alad V throws some parts from failed Warframe experiments on a scrap heap. Then, forgotten in the midst of lots of Formas and one active ambitious neuroptics something awakens. A reaction born from a true urge to be heard and seen and not to be dismissed. Forma merges with his fallen brethren gaining unique abilities and arises. With memories from the old war simmering and a new revenge for Alad V provoking each step this is a Warframe to be reckoned with.

Potential Abilities: 

Mirror Skin: using the power of formas he can make his ever changing frame mimic area around him rendering him invisible.

Weapon Mimic: Forma can change his hand or hands to a predetermined weapon; Secondary, Primary.

Strategic Divide:

Forma divides and hit enemies with small particles of himself that get inside enemies and reverberate causing injury or kills them. (2) Ending the ability causes the particles to violently return to Forma injuring, killing, etc.

Multiple Degrees of Contact:

Forma ,while surrounded by enemies, alters his body to protrude hundreds of needles impaling some and giving puncture damage to those that survive.

Change Mind:

Forma sends out a small part of his body that attaches and find it way into the enemies mind causing them to fight for and/or protect Forma.

A dark matter and star themed Warframe

ability set can be swaped back and forth by using your 4 ability.

1. While light, a solar hand held sheild, while dark, a anti matter sheild buff, giveing a armor efect to sheilds, (bigger buff to friendlys rather than self)

2. While light, a plasma disk that causes both electricity and fire procs, while dark, a flashbang, literally a dark matter flashbang.

3.while light, makes target, or self, imune to elemental procs and damage, (ie corrosive, explosion) while dark, makes target, or self, imune to physical damage (ie slash, peirce)

4, form change, always takes 1/3 percent energy of total amount

Passive, while light and in light, get buffs, but in dark, get debuffs, and vise versa

Shape shifting frame, chimera / animal frame 

can transform in to 3 different animals/ creatures/ frames each having a different strength ie agility, durability, stealth/ flight. with a 4th being a chimera (mashup) of all 3.

Back story something like, a prehistoric / ancient warframe has its memory's wiped / altered while battling its arch nemeses and has been trapped in one of its shape shifted forms. Living life as that creature for centuries, a massing power and dominating life on the planet/ region its been trapped with in, leading to the tenno having to fight it to release the planet/ region from its domination. during the battle or after the frame has its memory's restored and joins the warframe family. 

Assimilation. 

Each Warframe created, has a backstory relative to their location, their environment, their strife. Legends are made, created across the galaxy, all because of Sentients. Sometimes, legends are not made from the conflicts of one ideal location. Sometimes, it's when the being decides to split from the pack, and reinvent itself. This warframe has decided that its herd and/or its location has become a threat, possibly inhabitable for him no longer. This warframe begins to awaken to the horrors the hive has created, and seeks out an escape, possibly to use the abilities for the good of the chaotic order of the universe, instead of feeding the Sentients. Despite having a difficulty finding his place in the stars, he will learn from his former enemies to defeat his corrupted allies.   

The story revolves around adaptive warframes with specific traits. The functions that you do, revolve around being able to scan parts beyond information and resources. The person you'll have to face will eventually, SPOILERS, be the most adaptable mimic boss. Sentients are forces of creation, psionics especially. You will have to adapt harder to survive. That is why I would suggest a warframe that is even more adaptable. Imagine it, a Sentient, unhinged from the hive, that can scan enemies and allies. Instead of sticking with 4 abilities, the warframe can alternate between the abilities that this warframe scans. Scanning the Grineer can give him bonuses to secondary artillery attacks. Corpus scans can give advantages to hacking. Scanning the Infected can give advantage to environmental resistances. When you scan warframes, that's another story. 

This "Darwin Warframe" can scan warframes in combat to mimic the fighting styles, copying mods into the inventory. He could scan the specific ability of a warframe, such as rift walking and steel skin, and those abilities can be cataloged, switched in. Of course, for the sake of the main functions of warframe, you can only choose 4 warframe void abilities, out of the plethora of scanned abilities. Just imagine what would happen if you could replicate the abilities of former bosses. Going back to the roots, you can scan the bosses to earn their fighting styles, their powers, or even something more...

Darwin will be the most customization build in existence to the other warframes. 

(Or at least I hope. I'm not sure if this warframe already exists or not.)  

i was thinking of Things we may have not seen yet in warframe, we have fire frames, water, lightning, speed, mag, necromancer, healers, tanks, then those who do a combo of everything, i thought of a few that could be done again like we have rhino and hildryn and other forms of tanks so we could do a male fire frame, or female lightning and so on, the possibilities are endless so its hard to choose just one, i wish we were aloud to submit more options

then i thought of an animal/beast type frame, everybody loves the kavaats and kubrow, and personally i loved the addition of the grineer hyekka masters, and khoras kavaat abilitythe abilities could be so exciting because we dont have a full beast type frame, i think having a slot in your loadout for an extra companion would be so cool, like excalibur has his exalted blade, ivara the bow, mesa the regulators, but having an extra slot for Companion so you can take the dogs for a walk on the plains of eidolon would be cool

you could have stance abilities that you cycle likes whisps deployables that you just cycle and activate, bear stance, visably develop a larger bulkier suit that has increased armor and shields, snake stance that makes your strike/melee speed triple, and attack speed triple, while giving some kind of camouflage ? some kind of call for back up ult where a swarm of kubrows and kavaats go ham on grineer balls would be super cool, they could even be suited versions on kavaat and kubrow, like the warframe suits 😮 

i would say that an ult where you turn into a space ninja version of animal would be taking things too transformer style 

i know this is not ability stage but im just trying to explain the type of frame that i mean 

A Samurai/Ronin tipe warframe that is has a exaulted Two-handed Nikana or a Blade dançer tipe warframe that uses various flying blades to attack their enemies.

And if possible i would like to if one of them pass to be a Female warframe

Fallen Angel themed warframe.  Could be a stance switcher or some other gimmick so it could include a bigger kit and feature light/angelic based abilities and dark/demonic counterparts.
Or instead of a stance switcher using an ability just toggles it to the counterpart.

Valkyrie is also and interesting idea because of the influences it could have (Look at the valkyrie class mod for Divinity 2 on PC, one of the coolest mods for the game)

战甲

Name:Taishan

我是中文,我的英语说得不太好,抱歉。

Taishan,中文名叫泰山,位于中国山东省中部,是世界文化与自然的双重遗产。我的warframe构思取自中国的汉语成语:重于泰山。这个汉语成语比喻作用和价值极大。是出自中国的书籍《报任少卿书》之中。希望这款warframe同样能够发挥如汉语成语中的意思,下面我简单描述一下我的warframe构思。

Taishan善于操纵重力,能够的使物体按他们自身的重量的比例,加速向地面坠落;或令其失去重力,浮于半空之中。轻易地将敌人玩弄于鼓掌之中。

被动:

Taishan能够控制重力,在不同能力强度下,赋予它不同的被动效果:

1:当Taishan的能力强度不低于100%时,100%能力强度时提升所装备的近战武器5%基础伤害,每提升50%能力强度,会额外提升所装备的近战武器5%基础伤害;

2:当Taishan的能力强度低于100%时,提升所装备的近战武器5%攻击速度,每降低20%能力强度,会额外提升所装备的近战武器5%攻击速度;

技能1:轻盈

概述:Taishan改变自身或队友的重力。

说明:当Taishan的能力强度不低于100%时,提升自身或队友的跳跃高度,跳跃高度受能力强度影响,强度越高,跳得越高;当Taishan的能力强度低于100%时,减少自身或队友的跳跃高度,跳跃高度受能力强度影响,强度越低,跳得越低;

技能2:武器控制

概述:Taishan改变面前扇形区域重力,技能持续时间内,令持枪敌人缴械。

说明:Taishan改变面前扇形区域重力,当Taishan的能力强度不低于100%时,技能持续时间内令持枪敌人因枪械过重掉落地上而无法继续使用;当Taishan的能力强度低于100%时,技能持续时间内令持枪敌人因枪械过轻飘在空中而无法继续使用, 此时敌人只能使用近战武器。当技能持续时间结束后,敌人可返回枪械掉落处,拾取枪械继续使用;

技能3:重力场

概述:Taishan改变自身为圆点的球形区域的重力,技能持续时间内,改变敌人移动速度及弹道武器子弹的飞行轨迹。

说明:Taishan改变自身为圆点的球形区域重力,当Taishan的能力强度不低于100%时,技能持续时间内降低球形区域内敌人的移动速度、射击速度、攻击速度,并且加重弹道武器发射的子弹重量,降低子弹飞行距离,直至子弹落地,技能强度越高,会加强敌人的减速效果以及加快弹道武器发射的子弹落地的过程;当Taishan的能力强度低于100%时,技能持续时间内提升球形区域内敌人的移动速度、射击速度、攻击速度,并且减轻弹道武器发射的子弹重量,提升子弹飞行距离,技能强度越低,会加强敌人的加速效果以及提升弹道武器发射的子弹飞行距离 。

技能4:泰山一击

概述:Taishan高高跃起,使用重力强化自身,执行一次强化了震地攻击范围和伤害的震地攻击,伤害区域内的敌人。

说明:Taishan高高跃起,使用重力强化自身,执行一次强化了震地攻击范围的震地攻击,震地攻击伤害基于所装备的近战武器伤害,Taishan技能强度越高,震地攻击伤害加成越高;震地攻击范围受技能范围影响,但不会低于近战武器的震地攻击范围,技能范围越大,震地攻击范围加成越大。

I would love to see a beasts master warframe who can summon beasts he can use traps healing then he can become a beast and get better movement and damage and like the exalted blades and talons for excalibur and valkyr the beast form can be something like that

I would propose a copycat Warframe.

Maybe in your team comp you might need a bit of, support in this direction or offense in another.

The warframe 4 ability would select from members of the squad or, if the devs so choose, have the warframe select an entity in front of it. Thus changing their 4 ability into that chosen entities "ability"

Wether it be an grineer gunner ground slam, or a eximus knockdown radiate or even a kuva lich's 4th ability "leap" or "stampede" or what not.

Just a brainstorm for a intro progression:

A cephalon aboard an abandoned railjack calls out with hopes of reaching someone, anyone. Ordis picks up transmission and you board your railjack in a "instanced mission". Fight hordes of enemies that also responded to transmission, reward, cephalon fragments, or parts. Ordis suggests repairing and you do a  mission, to repair the cephalon in the foundary. 

As for backstory: I have always been a fan of Lua and its puzzles. If anyone could try and take a crack at this idea and give it a backstory Lua based, Id appreciate it. If not, this will be my suggestion, as broken and unpolished as it is.

Amalgam, is a modular warframe that has multiple components to choose from for its construction. Amalgams abilities would be based on those components. Essentially making a customized warframe in the same way Zaws and Kit-Guns are created. 

Example: When building Amalgam, a tenno could choose from four different neuroptics. Each of those neuroptics would grant a different function to Amalgams first ability. Next, a tenno could choose from four different systems. Each of those systems would grant a different function to Amalgams second ability. The same is applied for the chassis, determining Amalgams third ability. Finally, Amalgam can be constructed from one of four different blueprints. Each blueprint will determine Amalgams appearance, and its fourth ability.

I kinda like the idea of a frame made up from the broken parts of other frames destroyed during the war. Tortured broken frames pulled together to make a warrior. Rage and destruction it's only purpose. 

Using parts to make up its armour. (Kinda the way a lich has a frames head on its shoulder but more)

It can mix and match some of the skills of others. Like the kitguns maybe it has a choice of two heads, two bodies, arms. Legs. Each part has a different skill that would be added for the final built frame. Though to keep with the theme, movement, head angle. And the parts would look broken, cracked. 

Fractus. Latin for broken

A mobile armory Warframe solid defense and extendable equipment support like the gear wheel on overdrive with extra weapon slots. Think Hound from transformers. “Running outa ammo AND guns!” The type of solder who provides cover fire, and burns through ammo fast so he just tosses empty weapons and grabs full ones from the holsters he has tucked everywhere. 

I think there should be a beast wf here's my ideas for abilities 1.bloodhound-senses presence of enemies within 20m buffing allies with extra 15% status chance 2.steel hide-incoming damage is reduced by 10% stacking up to 90% when bloodlust meter is full 3.hunting party-summons 7 wild kurbrows that deal slash and toxin damage due to infectious bite 4.thrill of the hunt- temperately disguards weapons gaining exaulted claws and fangs runs on all fours as fast as a k drive enemies within 12m run out of fear for 10s (bloodlust meter is fueled by third ability) let's call him...... headhunter just an idea 

Archived