Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open Call for Warframe Theme Ideas!

[DE]Helen

(Closes eyes)

Yes, yes, it’s coming to me. 
I see a figure who....possesses a...power of the zodiac Element...*Whispers* Preferably Aquarius. 
(Eyes still closed)
Yes over yonder, I try to approach to get a better look but....Is this another power I have discovered from this being? 
Is this Air bending mixed with...Water and Sediments?🤔

As I try to break through this familiar, yet strange barri-

(Eyes immediately open)

Well I did get like a half sec of a glimpse of this guy. 

All I’m saying is....He resembled a Zora. 

I may not be a game maker like a lot of people but i had an idea for a sentient female warframe called eclipser she would not be like umbra but instead she is a frame made from sentient parts to get her you have to either get lucky in a anomaly which has a small chance for you to get her parts or from little duck for 50 anomaly shards her passive would be sentients would do 50% less damage to her her powers are this for her first power she can teleport behind enemies her second power lets her give her allies sentient armor her3 power lets her fire sentient like beam at 4 targets her last power lets her summon a battalyst for as long as she has a lot of energy her description would be something mysterous if i get picked it would really make my day and make me less depressed if I don't get picked i really understand

well I'm a girl and I play this game since January 2017 and I'm so pissed off because are no warframes for girl only saryn or ember and I say that because the other looks not so good and I want a fairy world like butterflies and glowing in the dark mushrooms and cute creatures. I really want a princess Warframe something cute but scary like the princes of the dark or something edgy not to be so cute but still cute 

Warframe Concept: Density shifter

Basic concept: A warframe based around the concept of controlling molecular density, (Both his own and potentially his environment as well) to shift the battle in his favor (possibly by harnessing graviton particles to alter mass and density) - becoming either a swift, evasive operative, or a resilient, destructive force.

Example powers: (For illustrative purposes) Powers could be focused on two different modes: low and high density

Low density - lighter/higher molecular spacing, projectiles periodically phase through the warframe, sprint speed/parkour velocity/wall latch time increased.

High density - heavier/tighter molecular spacing, resistant to staggers/explosions/melee damage, increased melee damage-especially from gauntlet/sparring weapons, slower/lower sprint speed/parkour velocity/wall latch time.

Density Shift - allows the warframe to switch between high and low density forms -see above info on density forms-

Atmospheric compression - creates a barrier (or possibly dome) of compacted air molecules, which stops projectiles until the barrier's integrity is breached 

Liquefaction - alteres the ground density in a targeted area where cast, creating a form of "molecular quicksand" which causes all enemies within the radius to be slowed and eventually fully submerged. Holding cast cancels the ability early, solidifying the ground and crushing all submerged enemies. (Damage type(s) to be determined)

Terminal velocity - harnesses the power of both high and low density to launch into the air, aim at a targeted location, then crash into the ground with maximum velocity, throwing enemies back in a large area around the impact and dealing high amounts of blast damage - likely killing any enemies at the impact's center.

Everything here is purely conceptual and could be changed, improved or replaced however necessary.

unknown.png

Warframe Name
Argus

Based on Argus Panoptes from Greek mythology

Theme

A Warframe that is covered in either organic or robotic eyes and functions as a Support "Sensor/Radar"

A possible passive for the Warframe would be that it shares its own Loot Radar and Enemy Radar range values with the party or has a buffed radar range on itself.

Its first ability would increase both Loot and Enemy Radar by X meters for X Duration

Second ability is similar to Banshee's sonar where enemies get a weakpoint, but there is no weakpoint involved. Enemies within Argus's own Radar range take X% (like 10%/15%/20%/25%) additional damage from all sources but nowhere near as much of an increase as Banshees applies.

Third ability provides an amount of Punch Through for a Duration in a small radius around Argus to himself and allies to weapons that allowed Punch Through.

Its fourth ability (the Ultimate) is a Channel where any enemy within his view takes damage that increases the longer the enemy is in his view. Once an enemy breaks line of sight with Argus the damage increase resets. The energy drain would be determined by both time and the number of enemies in view where the more there are the faster it drains.

There are frames associated (perhaps weakly) with various damage types: Electricity has volt, toxin/gas/viral/corrosive has some mix of nidus/saryn/revenant, radiation has nyx/oberon/nova, cold has frost, fire has ember/nezha, and magnetic has, well Mag (this is ignoring the various hybrid elementals like Chroma). Even the basic IPS damage types have some frames: Atlas/baruuk for impact, Maybe Ivara/Mesa/harrow for piercing (it's not perfect, I know), and Garuda/Gara/Khora for slash type things.

But there hasn't really been a frame that fits the theme of blast damage. To remedy that lack, I present to you: 'splodeyframe.

In-universe theme: Combat engineers have two major tasks: (1) build fortifications and other obstacles to help defend locations from assault and (2) remove said obstacles to allow your assaulting forces to move forward unimpeded. The first largely describes the role filled by Vauban. I propose a frame themed around the second. 'splodeyframe blows things up. It's their calling in life(gender neutral because all genders should be able to equally enjoy making things go boom). When all you have is a bandoleer of grenades, a dozen sticks of the qween's; finest kuva dynamite, and a handful of shaped breaching charges; the world is your oyster (an oyster that's going to explode). 'Splodeyframe could work in solo play (rocket jumping enhances mobility, enemies can't hear you moving if their eardrums have been ruptured by shockwaves, and every explosives expert knows the importance of being able to quickly find a bunker (or pillow fort made from blunts) or in groups: (fireworks make every party more enjoyable, and if we've learned anything from the Kuva Bramma, it's that players love explosions going off in unexpected places. Just imagine how much fun it would be to have a demolition-themed frame in radiation sortie.)

So what I'm getting at is: let's have a frame that exists solely to blow things up. 

Am Moonshiner Warframe.  Can be named after some famous scotch or whisky distillery  or something like that. His body can be covered by little glas pipes filled with some fluid or alcohol.

His Abilities are all about poisoning his enemies and himself. He getting buffs when he is drunken (poisoned) or is healing himself or others when they get "sober". Maybe his friends and enemies get blind cause of his Booze. But that will happen when they dont like to pay the bill. Came from a planet where the government ruled about drugs or something like the prohibitation era or some kind of mafia. But he was a rebel brewed his own booze even when they get blind or die or explode but most the time they got the right booze they ordered. 

His weapon is like a big granade launcher but it launches small barrels that explode and deal poison damage (with friendly fire because of the buff when he is poisoned and to get sober). He is a friend of Grendel cause Grendel like to eat the barrels and launch them out of his belly (synergy with grendels skills but he cant use it cause he just like to eat and drink and not to brew).

A family. Brother and sister. Insaperable even before they crossed Ballas' path. After they were turned into warframes together they were unstoppable. Zardyn - Strong as a mountain and wise as an owl. Anydia cunning yet merciful. But during the great battle at Haumea, Zaryn was abducted. Anydia searched through the whole solar system for her lost brother, until she found a trace of Zardyn near Eris. She infiltrated a strange base of cultists stationed there only to find her beloved brother torn to pieces. Dissected remains of Zardyn laid on a ritualistic altar surrounded by incantating cultists. Anydia filled with rage attacked hooded figures, but they quickly overpowered her. She realised grave danger that threathened her. With a mighty swoop she jumped onto the altar. She awaited a second death along her brother, remembering the time when Ballas reached his long arm ages before. She grasped his remains and awaited inevitable. But a wild idea came to her mind. She crawled inside a metal shell that once was her brother and wore it as an armour. With his strength she was able to defeat number of cultists and flee. From that moment she wore this grousome armour proudly and focused on tracking down members of this wretched cult.

A frame fighting on lua, like Excalibur prime in erra, that was stuck in limbo due to a freak accident with limbo prime, but with lua being ripped from the void the frame has awoken and has started to fight back against the sentients. For all he knows is that there are sentients once more. 

I just came up with this if anyone came up with it before me sorry

well i know you only wanna know about theme sooo

since old war is coming i was thinking about a warframe made specifically to repel the sentients using dark matter energy and was lost during some heavy combat ( all this before the fighting with sticks and bullets strategy)

harnessing its power directly from dark matter energy allowing it to do different things just like making its radius pitch black ( showing enemies and items in diffrent color for him and allies near it )

another layer of shield added as a buff 

controlling enemies in its radius making it fight for him 

or even creating black holes that will suck enemies killing them and adding them to that shield buff 

i mean that's just some theme i've had in mind lol

Zodiac Warframe 

It would be a challenge to think of all 12 signs to be represented but we can use something else that comes from there. All signs have an element and quality. We could use this to explore different kinds of gameplay within warframe. 

Qualities are: Cardinal, Fixed and Mutant 

Cardinal is the "energy" that make us want to start stuff. Is very energetic 

Fixed: is related to maintenance, being very determined and stable

Mutant: is related to end something and prepare to start something new. The key word here would be adaptability. 

Given at the time of entry there are over 200 Pages of entries I do no know if this theme has been suggested before me.

The theme I came up with is a "Infested/Crystalline" frame. It would be composed of a combination of for example Argon and other crystals in game held together with a mess of infested biomass. A frame conflicting with its own nature, the purity of the crystal fighting against the might of the Infestation.

A warframe based on evolution and genetic manipulation.

Transform enemies into different types of drones (example: flyer - transforms target into flying drone that lays down support fire or provides shields.)

Sample an enemy to gain an ability until sampling a different one. accompanied by an actual physical change like when Nidus gets enough mutation stacks.

SPOILER: Expand quote for reasoning and origin of theme.

Since we see that warframes were first created by Ballas using Dex soldiers, I think an Orokin warframe would cool to expand on what other true Orokin were, and their obsession with genetically modifying themselves. What if Ballas used the infestation on another true Orokin? We know he used genetic manipulation to change himself and that their essence can transfer to a new body through the continuity. Ballas or another Orokin experimenting with Ballas' creation could have transformed an Orokin into a frame. This frame would only have a prime form as it transformed from something higher than a Dex soldier. We also know that Sentients can transform Orokin after they changed Ballas. The whole quest line to open it could expand on other Orokin besides Ballas, or maybe what the Unum is.

A Sniper frame... or to make it more atractive, a headhunter frame:

Why we need a sniper/headhunter? Well, is more about for fun and skill than efficiency, to be honest. But would be awesome to have a Warframe entirely focused on headshots and creating really big numbers on good aimed shot. Yeah, i know Harrow need to land headshots for energy, Banshee has a bit of that mechanics with her Sonar, and Ivara can be entirely themed arround that with the augment for the 4 in combination with her 3. But you really need to be into bows for that, mostly because you need to take care of the arrow fallof and the travel time for landing the headshot.

I personaly imagine this frame like a spider, hanging from the celling or unsuspected walls, hidden like a cameleon, staying still, waiting to land the killing shot, taking down the strongest enemy. No covers or walls will be safe, as this warframe will penetrate every surface between the barrel of his gun and his unsuspecting target. Enemies can try to sneak up and try to take him down, but traps were set to defend his perch.

Theme: African Folklore.

A warframe based off of the stories and legends from Africa.

Here is an example!

Fear is a powerful emotion, it can spread like a disease. It can make the most powerful creatures become useless. With Tokoloshe, there is much to fear.

The Tokoloshe from isiXhosa folklore, a water spirit commonly called a devil/demon. It is a hideous creature; short, has backward legs, a large mouth to carry stones that turn them invisible! (Or at least partially, children can still see the Tokoloshe) 
There is one true Tokoloshe but multiple of him exist, and they terrorize villages by stealing their souls or making the people infertile at night and stealing the livestock.

But sometimes, they can be bargained with...

I have abilities in mind but since this is the theme, I won't post them.

A frame that can double in size its abilitys would include picking up the ground and hurling it at enemies, an ability i would like to call Mountain slide which would cause the frame to double in size while lunging forward knocking down enemies i dont know about 3rd ability but the fourth causes the frame to double in size but is unable to jump or slide and can't wield weapons but in this state he can crush enemies under his feet or pick them up with his left or right hand by pressing the aim button for the left hand and shoot for right and by pressing the respective button for a hand he can throw the enemy and by pressing the button with no enemy he tears the enemy in two and while in this state his other abilities are boosted

A warframe based on Ra the Egyptian God of the Sun would be amazing. Inaros will no longer be a lone Egypt boi. It can have Divine Sun and light based abilties and look amazing. Also Rebecca will respect the fact that this warframe can have Avdol's Magician's Red-like abilites.

Here are some images I found that can best translate my idea.

dcdac9b-a99decf2-e890-45a4-994e-c49c7ca8

dca8406654fb7aabb666f678cf234338.jpg&f=1

Just being able to play a character of this style would be unreal.

i would reallly like to see a frame combining "magical" and technical components. The overall colour scheme should be like darker colours (black grey and blue) for the technical components and lighter (gold, white and yellow) fore the magical theme. as for the design of the warframe itself i would like something that resembles a tech wizard with a staff (maybe make it an exalted weapon like mesa pistols). the technological and the magical pieces of the frame should be interveined and linked in a way that makes it look like they grew and fused together. the wizard also should have bits of tech and magic orbiting him.

as for the abilities i imagine something like creating a cannon from magic energy and technological bits, or a tech-magic fortress above him that shoots rays and maybe a defensive energy shield. also something that makes him look cool like rays from the ground below him raising him up to burst outwards in streams of tech pieces and magical rays.

the "magical" component could always just be energy like revenants energy streams if that worsk bettter with the lore.

conclusion: make a cool space techno wizard

Kuva a strange resource indeed. We obtain so much in the effort to prevent its abuse from the grineer yet what exactly is it? More importantly my friends what if that strange resource became something...useful? I see I've caught your attention now. Take this strange resource and offer it to the void. Corrupt it, wield it, and summon not just the power to wield the corruption but the one who could wield the kuva as well. 

A true Tank Warframe. Taunts and ally buffs or heals when damaged. Kind of like vex armour but actually fitting the design of the frame. Really focus not only on needing to take hits like Chroma, Trinity, and Nyx but also forcing enemies to attack it in advantageous ways

Visual design perhaps based around bucklers on its arms on a knight looking armour. Stocky and thick like Rhino. Lore would be something along the lines of a bodyguard model for protecting Orokin higher ups. Think like the last person to stay behind so everyone else can survive

Archived