Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When does quick melee returns?

DroopingPuppy

I don't see what the problem is? Nothing's forcing you to "abandon" your melee weapon. And aside from a few obnoxious bugs, literally everything that we loved about quick melee can be done more effectively with the new melee system.

Just press E, dude.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

allow quick melee

But you totally can do a "quick" Melee strike at any time. I don't quite see what the issue is.

If you mean doing attacks that don't use Stance animations, well, just unequip your Stance 😛

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Honestly I don't get it. Why it needs to be gone for good? Is make an option to allow quick melee hurts someone that much? Why I have to abandon the melee weapon at all for years? Because the removal of quick melee I can't use melee weapon at all.

What do you mean?

To quick melee you simply don't press a combo modifier key, though that mean you can't move forward.

1 minute ago, NinjaZeku said:

But you totally can do a "quick" Melee strike at any time. I don't quite see what the issue is.

If you mean doing attacks that don't use Stance animations, well, just unequip your Stance 😛

The problem is, if you ever make a melee attack the warframe is FORCED to fully grab it, NOT return to the gun automatically. I have to manually press aim and release each time when I make the melee attack. Even If what I want is just a single blow, forced weapon change makes me headache and lead me to simply throw away the melee weapon at all. And, for years there is no avail for returning.

I don't want to force you to back to the old style. But, hey, for me it is just mess up the flow of the battle and only force to use one type of weapon rather than choose it depend on the sitation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

I don't see what the problem is? Nothing's forcing you to "abandon" your melee weapon. And aside from a few obnoxious bugs, literally everything that we loved about quick melee can be done more effectively with the new melee system.

Just press E, dude.

It always forcing me to abandon ranged weapon and it leads me to throw away the melee weapon or bust.

3 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

What do you mean?

To quick melee you simply don't press a combo modifier key, though that mean you can't move forward.

No, sir. Quick melee is gone for good. You have only option to just fully draw the melee weapon.

4 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

The problem is, if you ever make a melee attack the warframe is FORCED to fully grab it, NOT return to the gun automatically.

So it's just a visual problem?

Because you can shoot / aim / reload instantly from having your Melee out.

(Plus not least, it's great for "Reload While Holstered" Mods, yay Synth Deconstruct & Fiber on your Sentinel.)

Edited by NinjaZeku
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

It always forcing me to abandon ranged weapon and it leads me to throw away the melee weapon or bust.

??? Just shoot the enemy?
Tapping Fire or Aim will bring the gun back out with zero delay. The fact that you're holding a melee weapon does not affect this. Literally the entire concept of Melee 3.0 was to merge quick-melee and sword alone together, so that players have the advantages of both methods at all times with no compromise (aside from manual block and M1-for-melee).

The only things I can think of that would be affecting this are:

• if you have the "Use 'Fire Weapon' for Melee" option enabled, in which case, my condolences-- that thing is incredibly poorly designed
    (although I doubt this is the case, considering that you're a fan of quick melee and not sword-alone mode)
  • if you use alt-fire on your guns exclusively, in which case, yeah having to aim first every time can get a bit annoying
  • if you're literally switching to sword-alone mode by holding Switch Weapon every single time you use melee, in which case you're doing it very wrong
Edited by SortaRandom
  • Like 2

Just now, NinjaZeku said:

So it's just a visual problem?

Because you can just shoot / reload instantly from having your Melee out.

(Plus not least, it's great for "Reload While Holstered" Mods, yay Synth Deconstruct & Fiber on your Sentinel.)

That's still important. I can't aim well until bring the gun back, and the point is, even if what I need is just one swing but still wants gunplay, it forces me to fully grab the melee weapon. When I only need for the melee weapon then change it to sword alone mode is enough but why quick melee must gone?

Also you can't instantly shoot when set shoot button to melee attack while on sword alone mode, which is essential for me when using exalted melee weapon frames - named Excalibur. Else you have to keep press melee attack button on the keyboard while also required to move with keyboard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

??? Just shoot the enemy?
Tapping Fire or Aim will bring the gun back out with zero delay. The fact that you're holding a melee weapon does not affect this.

The only things I can think of that would be affecting this are:

• if you have the "Use 'Fire Weapon' for Melee" option enabled, in which case, my condolences-- that thing is incredibly poorly designed
    (although I doubt this is the case, considering that you're a fan of quick melee and not sword-alone mode)
  • you're literally switching to sword-alone mode by holding Switch Weapon every single time you use melee, in which case it's a matter of just learning to press E

Yes, for me Fire weapon for melee is essential for run Excalibur and Valkyr, and it was also essential for me on sword alone mode - at least before the disaster.

1 minute ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Yes, for me Fire weapon for melee is essential for run Excalibur and Valkyr, and it was also essential for me on sword alone mode - at least before the disaster.

And there it is. The root of the complaint. I didn't think I'd see a thread complaining about how they messed up with keybinds with the transition, a full year after the update. It has been a full year since this change. A year. I'm sorry but I'm getting flashbacks to 2019 when these threads were popping up every half hour. Ah good times, good times.
Mate quick melee is gone in favor of a better melee system.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Ah, that explains it then. I used to enjoy M1 for melee in Sword Alone mode as well, but Melee 3.0 basically destroyed that with how poorly implemented its "M1-for-melee" option is.
DE should definitely update this option (or create a modified copy of this option) where "M1-for-melee" applies to only Sword Alone mode, so that players can have this option back without completely breaking our new version of quick melee. Bonus points if they also add an option to cast melee ults in Sword Alone mode by default.

Until then, I'd suggest disabling this option and just treating Excal/Valkyr's ults like any other melee weapon. It'll be a bit tough with Exalted Blade and Hysteria in particular, since the former needs aiming and the latter has invincibility that will rapidly toggle on/off, but at least you'll be able to quick-melee with everything else worry-free.

14 minutes ago, CaptainMinty said:

And there it is. The root of the complaint. I didn't think I'd see a thread complaining about how they messed up with keybinds with the transition, a full year after the update. It has been a full year since this change. A year. I'm sorry but I'm getting flashbacks to 2019 when these threads were popping up every half hour. Ah good times, good times.
Mate quick melee is gone in favor of a better melee system.

This "better melee system" could be improved even further if our current implementation of M1-for-melee wasn't total ass. A lot of feedback was given about this since Melee 2.5 hit, but alas, DE chose to shift 100% of their attention to the next big thing before implementing any of that feedback.
The feedback isn't even difficult to implement either. Just let 'M1-for-melee' apply only to sword-alone mode, and boom, that solves like 90% of the problem right off the bat.

Don't get me wrong, Melee 3.0 is almost objectively better than Melee 2.0 if you used default keybinds (E for both quick-melee and "sword alone" mode). But for the many players who used altered keybinds (e.g. E for quick-melee and M1 for "sword alone"), the current system's support for this is so hilariously bad that we've had to downgrade to default controls instead.

Edited by SortaRandom
  • Like 1

il y a 18 minutes, DroopingPuppy a dit :

The problem is, if you ever make a melee attack the warframe is FORCED to fully grab it, NOT return to the gun automatically. I have to manually press aim and release each time when I make the melee attack. Even If what I want is just a single blow, forced weapon change makes me headache and lead me to simply throw away the melee weapon at all. And, for years there is no avail for returning.

I don't want to force you to back to the old style. But, hey, for me it is just mess up the flow of the battle and only force to use one type of weapon rather than choose it depend on the sitation.

It's fun because I have the exact opposite issue with aim. When aiming it automatically switch to your weapon, so you can get benefit from aim glide movement capabilities while keeping your melee weapon. So can't parry and reload your ammo from Syth and conclave mods while efficiently moving.

For me, I am used to the melee attack of the other FPS so even if they changed the option it seems still very annoying to play. For example, in Halo when you make a melee attack you just swing your gun to hit the target(for energy sword and gravity hammer you just end up swing it, but hey, that's dedicated melee weapon so it is more like the sword alone in Warframe). In Call of Duty, although I didn't play recent ones but I remember that you are draw a dagger and attack fast then sheathe it when you make a melee attack.

But with the removal of quick melee, it is no more than old Doom style now - like as press 1 to grab the brass knuckle or chainsaw.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

15 hours ago, (PS4)shadowwraith_666 said:

i don't see the the problem here, i can use melee by just tapping circle and as soon as i hit RT whichever ranged weapon i had equipped fires instantly in fact the combat is more fluid this way to the point you do it without thinking.

For me it is no more than a mess and it just ruin the entire flow of battle, actually.

No offense intended, but seriously, just rearrange your keybinds. You're on PC. I've never used the Fire to Melee feature because I simply set melee attack to right click and aim to E. (I actually have Aim on Button5 too for aim glides, but that's entirely a parkour thing.) I can shoot, slash, and aim my gun in that order instantly with one key or button each. All melee (unless you hold Weapon Switch) is quick melee, it just takes at most one extra button.

Edited by CopperBezel

8 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

No offense intended, but seriously, just rearrange your keybinds. You're on PC. I've never used the Fire to Melee feature because I simply set melee attack to right click and aim to E. (I actually have Aim on Button5 too for aim glides, but that's entirely a parkour thing.) I can shoot, slash, and aim my gun in that order instantly with one key or button each. All melee (unless you hold Weapon Switch) is quick melee, it just takes at most one extra button.

For now a typical mouse has three buttons - left, right, and a wheel(wheel up, wheel down, wheel click) so it doesn't apply to any mouse you can get. Although I do have 'gaming' mouse now but it doesn't change the truth either. Also, lt stops me to aim fast and return to the gun, or easily aim.

I have tested move the aim button on the keyboard when I am play Halo again recently - in Halo CE right mouse is the default binding of grenade and you need to bind a key in the keyboard to aim, but it was changed on the recent release of MCC - but I conclude that right mouse to aim is the best especially for M6 pistol. And, right mouse is the default option to aim in Warframe as well.

Anyway, the most problem is why I am forced to fully equip the melee weapon even if I don't want it to be. If I just want to fully grab the melee weapon, then I can just use the sword alone mode instead. But why they remove quick melee and force me to fully grab the melee weapon or bust?

Edited by DroopingPuppy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

For now a typical mouse has three buttons - left, right, and a wheel(wheel up, wheel down, wheel click) so it doesn't apply to any mouse you can get.

Typical of office workstations maybe. Not typical of the home machines of people likely to be attached to how controls work in a video game to post in its associated forums when they change. 

10 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Anyway, the most problem is why I am forced to fully equip the melee weapon even if I don't want it to be. If I just want to fully grab the melee weapon, then I can just use the sword alone mode instead. But why they remove quick melee and force me to fully grab the melee weapon or bust?

The current melee implementation gives you complete access to your melee stance, which the old quick melee did not, is exactly as instantaneous to get into and out of as the old quick melee, and is inconvenient only if you use the fire-to-melee-attack setting. The other arrangement is the one you're used to, but it's exactly equally a "why" - "why can't I keep using my melee weapon normally after I draw it" - and only one of those things could happen. 

13 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

And, right mouse is the default option to aim in Warframe as well.

And fire-to-melee-attack is not. So you change the one thing in your controls, you'll probably need to change other things around it. Again, I didn't like the default controls either, so I put melee on a different mouse button and worked from there. 

The E key and anything else I'm doing with my left hand conflicts with movement controls, while basically all of the mouse input is simultaneously accessible, so E for melee attacking made no sense. It also made sense to have melee attack on the mouse that I'm using to aim said melee attack. On the other hand, I'm not particularly spending a lot of time walking around scoped, and melee combos use W as a modifier for attacks the same as they use Aim. So I swapped to suit use. You can probably find a solution too. 

• Like 1