Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kinetic Siphon Trap broken

Carmelitha

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed here also.  Seemed to start for me around the time of the 1st mainline of this year with all the revisions.  First trap works for a second or two; after that, traps are ineffective.  Targets have to be scanned on the run.  Please fix soon.  Thanks in advance.

On 2020-04-12 at 9:46 PM, SmallWood45 said:

Can still confirm. How are you guys getting your scans then?

Try Penta with Tether augment. They keeps them trapped for a few seconds. Also there are the Aero mod set that can put them to sleep for 9 seconds.

Edited by kwlingo

Hi,

so the original post is from March 15th, more than a month ago.

And the siphon traps are still not reliable. That is especially annoying if you need them for Nightwave tasks. Please fix this.

Just a few minutes ago I was able to do 3 scans, but the 4th was simply impossible, not with the traps, not with Rhino´s 4th ability. Frustrating. Basic gameplay that doesn´t work is always the worst for me. New things not working is normal for a while, but this....

bb from B.B.

I am also experiencing this issue. My Kinetic Siphon Traps are not performing correctly when used on Synthesis targets. My most recent Synthesis saw 5 or 6 traps all fail to suspend the target. I believe what happened is that the first Trap worked very briefly (only time for 1 or 2 scans), but subsequent traps did nothing but pause the target for a moment. It almost resembles the adaptive resistance to Limbo's Stasis that was added to Sentient enemies recently. The Synthesis itself did eventually work, but only by getting lucky with the target's AI staying in one location.

I only used the traps via hotkey (5 in my case). I did not attempt to use them from the gear wheel manually, so I am unsure if both methods have the same effect.

At the time, I did not have access to any Warframe Abilities that could be used in a similar fashion, so I do not know if they would have had similar issues.

This issue seems to be inconsistent, as I have witnessed the Traps work properly for squadmates, and they have worked for me somewhat recently. I believe the target I Synthesized when I experienced this was an Arid Eviscerator.

Edit: As of this moment, I do not have repro steps, as the issue seems to be inconsistent. If I am able to find any, I will come back and include them.

Edited by dragonseth07

Well I always forget to equip Kinetic Siphon, so I basically run behind the target, void dash to ragdoll and scan it ( if you don't have Magus lock down) or use Sleepnox or Vauban's tether or just blind it (works with me) 

Edited by psycho_gone_wild
Typos and extra info

12 minutes ago, psycho_gone_wild said:

Sleepnox or Vauban's tether

Don't know why, but I thought warframe powers don't work on the synthesis target! Never tried though (because there were a much more useful alternative).

4 hours ago, Alvatar said:

Still not fixed.  I cannot finish the quest needed for Jupiter junction because these traps don't work. Broken game!

Which warframes do you have? You might be able to scan that target while locking it in one place.

On 2020-04-23 at 8:41 AM, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Don't know why, but I thought warframe powers don't work on the synthesis target! Never tried though (because there were a much more useful alternative).

Which warframes do you have? You might be able to scan that target while locking it in one place.

I have Ember, Gaus, Loki, Frost Prime and Trinity Prime. I tried to use Loki's invisibility skill to sneak behind the target to scan him, but there are almost always a lot of enemies around so I can't do it without alerting the enemies.

37 minutes ago, Alvatar said:

I have Ember, Gaus, Loki, Frost Prime and Trinity Prime. I tried to use Loki's invisibility skill to sneak behind the target to scan him, but there are almost always a lot of enemies around so I can't do it without alerting the enemies.

Maybe a high duration, low strength Frost will work, synthesis targets have a lot of health fortunately! Try casting Avalanche, then scanning it quickly. Buy the Vector-Thread Widget from Simaris, in case you don't own it already, it reduces the time required to scan targets.

Edit: back to Frost, some range won't hurt, if you have mod capacity left.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh

• 1 month later...