Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks For Watching Home Time #1!

[DE]Megan

though there were a ton of strong concepts, i'm really looking forward to the 'broken warframe' because there are so many different ways to interpret the concept. i, for one, am much more excited for warframes that are really 'out there' in terms of design that push the limits of the game's creativity, gameplay, and aesthetic. strange is good. change is good. it keeps the game alive.

hace 14 minutos, Mambacore dijo:

though there were a ton of strong concepts, i'm really looking forward to the 'broken warframe' because there are so many different ways to interpret the concept. i, for one, am much more excited for warframes that are really 'out there' in terms of design that push the limits of the game's creativity, gameplay, and aesthetic. strange is good. change is good. it keeps the game alive.

I too want to see what they make. For what i read on the original comment it's kinda like a Frankenstein warframe, something made out with junk but that ends up being good enough to work. Hope i will be able to get it when he is out :)

When Scarlet Spear is out i will need to work a lot to get the neuroptics of rap tap tap :(

On 2020-03-27 at 9:36 AM, (PS4)GrandElderDragon said:

Ok, i was wrong about the dev part, but still from the list of ten ideas. The council picked the lamest, most stupid one. There were much better options then broken warframe.

It's just, like, your (and some people's) opinions, man.

For councils, it's the other way around. Council picked broken because it's one of the most interesting out of the given 10. There are only 3 real contenders to it: Calligraphy, Hive, and Kamaitachi.

As interesting as they are, most of the rest are just very similar to rehashes of current Warframes that we have (e.g. Falconer and Ghost Kubrow - Khora, Ballerina - Octavia, Morpheus - Equinox) or just uninteresting compared to the top themes (e.g. Gargoyle). So, if people are forced to pick one, they'll pick the oddest of the bunch.

Don't be too butthurt because your choice doesn't make it in. Not good for your health.

On 2020-03-26 at 5:09 PM, --Raid-Master-Qued said:

Didn't expect that...

On 2020-03-26 at 5:16 PM, (PS4)GrandElderDragon said:

They picked the stupidest, lamest, community warframe ever. Broken warframe. Seriously!?. This just proves the devs weren"t listening to the community.

So basically, Penelope from Wreck it Ralph.

Glitchframe just got a new meaning...

On 2020-03-27 at 12:07 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Community-Created Warframe Theme Winner:

WOW REALLY? out of all the one you could have chosen; hive, ghost in a machine (the only one I like) you pick the BROKEN FRAME?

My Predictions;

• Because the frame is broken it will visually be un-symmetrical and ugly.
  •  It`s not going to have an aoe damage ability.
  •  If the broken ability is too good it`s going to get nerfed.
  •  It`s going to have many bugs. (might be like khora on release)

Despite all of this I really hope I`m wrong and like I said before, the only way I will be satisfied with this frame is if either It visually looks sick, this contest is a yearly thing and the abilities are unique (Harrow level of uniqueness) if not then frig this frame. 

I want you guys to remember this when this frame is released to either say "I`m so glad this guy was wrong" or "this guy called it".

On 2020-03-27 at 3:56 AM, LascarCapable said:

The thing about the "Broken Warframe", and why it's actually not such a bad idea when you think about it, is that it could be anything that literally play with the codes of the game. You would probably get a warframe that literally distort game mechanics you're not supposed to influence. For example, imagine a Warframe able to lower enemy levels (without lowering affinity gain ofc), or generating environmental hazards anywhere at any time while making themselves and allies immune to it. It's not about making a silly, low quality frame based on unfun memes. It's more about making something that is absolutely "meta", while also reflecting some of the difficulties you may encounter while programming.

The visual look of the warframe can also be much greater than you guys may think about. DE can put more the accent on the broken theme : an absolutely grotesque looking thing, beyond flawed at first sight, barely able to walk, yet turning its flaws into perfection. Something that could be described as a failed Orokin experiment, but managed to evolve on its own and is constantly in a state of self-improvement despite the absurdity of its powers. In fact : the sheer strangeness of its abilities is the reason why that warframe would be an absolute killing machine.

In the end, I'd say wait for it. I'm convinced we can actually get something great from that idea. It's all about being creative and not falling into the trap of making a "joke frame". Something great can be done here.

You absolutely have the right idea, the broken frame gives immense creative freedom. Though some of your examples i doubt would bare fruit as it would completely destroy the balance that DE seems to be focusing on these days. Still though i think your perspective is in the right direction.

Archived