Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Spear (it's annoying now)

Samhel

Scarlet Spear is a fun event and everything and i dont even care that muh about the bugs cause apperently somehow i only got the relay switching one (but that one i got countless times), but here's the thing: If someone picks a limbo, then it's easy peasy. Nothig challenging and nothing even fun anymore. Everything is frozen. We go from A to B with Rj and limbo does his thing again. And that's it. 3 other squad members are only useful for using their oplinks. And limbo is now everywhere. Endless endurance runs, defense missions, mobile defense missions. The problem is not that he's useful in these. The problem is that he makes everything boringly easy. And by that i mean that matches get really boring when a limbo shows up.  

• Like 1

Idk, Mesa killing everything before it can even reach a cataclysm would be the same then?
Someone with a properly built Contagion Zaw 1-shotting condrix?
Eidolon Chroma 1-shotting condrix?

I personally wouldn't consider this an issue.

This reminds me more of the pre-rework Ember discussion tbh.

Edited by snwflake22

10 minutes ago, Samhel said:

The problem is that he makes everything boringly easy.

That's my main problem with raids or metas: people get really nit-picky about the particular loadout you have to use to optimize the run. At least people don't mind me using Loki of all frames in Scalet Spear. Unfortunately, due to how terrible the bonus system is, it's forcing people in a way to drive the 100 Murexes away in time to get the bonus.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, snwflake22 said:

Idk, Mesa killing everything before it can even reach a cataclysm would be the same then?
Someone with a properly built Contagion Zaw 1-shotting condrix?
Eidolon Chroma 1-shotting condrix?

I personally wouldn't consider this an issue.

This reminds me more of the pre-rework Ember discussion tbh.

But those things don't make you stand in one place and just dance around for 20-30 minutes.

15 minutes ago, Samhel said:

Scarlet Spear is a fun event and everything and i dont even care that muh about the bugs cause apperently somehow i only got the relay switching one (but that one i got countless times), but here's the thing: If someone picks a limbo, then it's easy peasy.

I have started using Limbo for these. It is quite simple really, I spent hours doing it properly and got no points or credits at all due to bugs. The countless bugs that released with the operation made me give up and just use Limbo. Because I do want to get the items and the 50k points total, but I really see no point in trying when there was at least a 50% chance of me getting nothing.

• Yes, it is boring with Limbo. But I am actually able to complete them in a reasonable enough time.

I would have liked to use other frames/items, but what’s the point when the game bugs and gives you nothing? I lost about 10-20k credits and an amount of points due to all the bugs.

5 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I have started using Limbo for these. It is quite simple really, I spent hours doing it properly and got no points or credits at all due to bugs. The countless bugs that released with the operation made me give up and just use Limbo. Because I do want to get the items and the 50k points total, but I really see no point in trying when there was at least a 50% chance of me getting nothing.

• Yes, it is boring with Limbo. But I am actually able to complete them in a reasonable enough time.

I would have liked to use other frames/items, but what’s the point when the game bugs and gives you nothing? I lost about 10-20k credits and an amount of points due to all the bugs.

They fixed that thing with hotfixes though and they gave back creds that players lost due to bugs or "desync". Just play the event now with the fixes, there's no point in crying about the past, enjoy the present instead.

12 minutes ago, Samhel said:

They fixed that thing with hotfixes though and they gave back creds that players lost due to bugs or "desync". Just play the event now with the fixes, there's no point in crying about the past, enjoy the present instead.

Except they didn't.

Have a read in the scarlet spear bug thread. Kill code upload still bugs to S#&$, bonus points are occasionally not rewarded either, despite being allegible for them.

1 hour ago, Samhel said:

The problem now is that it is still just a tedious mess. They haven't done much to compensate for what people lost. DE doubled the credits we had registered as earning, they never gave back what was lost. I was given less than the bonus I lost on a single mission. That is excluding never being awarded anything for space missions. I have no confidence that the event will work correctly, so I just keep using the easy method.

6 hours ago, Duality52 said:

That's my main problem with raids or metas: people get really nit-picky about the particular loadout you have to use to optimize the run. At least people don't mind me using Loki of all frames in Scalet Spear. Unfortunately, due to how terrible the bonus system is, it's forcing people in a way to drive the 100 Murexes away in time to get the bonus.

The dark side that timed exclusives bring out in players.

That's actually why I stopped running the Space mission, even with matchmaking. It's just boring. Hide the Railjak, jump into the the Murex, drop your OpLink... Then check your watch and tap your foot for the next few minutes sitting in a Limbo Cataclysm while literally nothing of interest happens. I would honestly rather be back on the ship fighting boarders, because at least I'd get to do something. I can't even get any use out of my Operator, either, because Limbo phaseshifts enemies but will NOT phaseshift my Operator even if I stand in the Cataclysm, so I can't actually attack any of the Sentients.

I mean, sure - you can say the same about the ground fight since you can also drop a Cataclysm there, but at least in the ground fight we need to kill things from time to time. I don't see nearly as many Limbos on the ground, either - don't see a lot of defensive frames at all most of the time. Players will optimise all the fun out of a game if you let them, and players are optimising all the fun out of Scarlet Spear. Not that I blame them - it IS a grind. But honestly... To me that makes it MORE of a grind.

5 hours ago, DebrisFlow said:

Don't blame Limbos for using the most efficient farming method. Blame DE for designing a mission that requires nothing else that standing in place and blocking enemies

I'm actually doing that. I never said i have a problem with Limbo "MaInS" if that's even a real thing now...

Il y a 5 heures, DebrisFlow a dit :

Don't blame Limbos for using the most efficient farming method. Blame DE for designing a mission that requires nothing else that standing in place and blocking enemies

i would more blame DE for the spell 4 of limbo, than blame DE do create a mission of defense.