Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extractors are useless?

xerimoz

Question

I've deployed so many of the extractors and never get anything useful. I thought the distilling extractor was the key, but I haven't been able to successfully extract any rare resources. Why have these in the game if they don't serve any purpose?

10 answers to this question

il y a 9 minutes, xerimoz a dit :

I've deployed so many of the extractors and never get anything useful. I thought the distilling extractor was the key, but I haven't been able to successfully extract any rare resources. Why have these in the game if they don't serve any purpose?

They are a perfect exemple of a miscallenaous feature that become more and more obsolete over time.

• Like 3

its a really old feature that still exists. It was added in update 11.0 which was 2013. Back then the way to get resources was different. Now with so many resources boosting abilities it became completely obsolete

What they're good for is when you're starting off Warframe with very little resource to work with, but have the App on your phone. Players who are at work can chip away at the pile of resources, without it being more lucrative than playing a mission.

Perhaps if there is something we could do In Mission to improve it's quality of drops, or speed up the extraction... Like... a modified endless Excavation. Power cells could remove 1 minute, and add some minor bonus to drop # and chance. ..Just brainstorming. If anyone likes that idea, lets run with it and hear your thoughts.

• Like 1

I still use them. It's a completely passive way to gain resources. I use three of my four extractors to try to get nanospores and 1 distilling to get hexanon from Jupiter. I need that stuff a lot and it doesn't take any effort to place down a few extractors. You just won't always get what you want from them.

Now if I could put them on derelict or the void I'd be super happy.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, xerimoz said:

Why have these in the game if they don't serve any purpose?

They serve their purpose just fine.  I use them to farm both plastids and polymer bundles for me so that I never have to.  They are also nice when a new resource like hexon is added to the game to grow a stock pile of the stuff. 

Rare resources are RARE.  To think an extractor is going to suddenly and magically make them common is silly.

I dunno, they've been fueling my energy pizza making with Polymer Bundles for years now.  Very rarely do I farm for PBs thanks to my extractors on Mercury, Venus and Uranus (heck, I think it's been at least a couple of years since I last actively farmed PBs).

In short, yes.

A bit longer; yes they are nearly useless.

Even longer still; if you have the presence of mind to constantly check up on them to see if they are full of some small amount resources of the planet you put them on, then maybe you can get some severely limited use from them. I don't and wouldn't tho'.

Virtually useless, the worst kind of useless 'cause it makes you think that it *may* be worthwile in the end. It isn't. In this case at least.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-03 at 10:12 AM, Marine027 said:

They need a rework i say.

Had old idea for them once.

I agree they are in need of a rework*

1) Revise maximum amount of Extractors

MR 0-4 : 1 Drone

MR 5-9: 2 Drones

MR 10-14: 3 Drones

MR 15-19: 4 Drones

MR 20-24: 5 Drones

MR 25-29: 6 Drones

MR 30: 7 Drones

With Founder status being : +1 Drone

Prime Access also adding: +1 Drone Capability

2) Since All Nodes are needed for completion to launch and Extractor

Let All Systems be eligible for Extractors: including Derilict, Void, Earth/Saturn/Veil Proxima's

For Venus and Earth, they should allow for extractor deployment for Orb Vallis upon reaching "Old Mate" with Solaris United & Plains Of Eidolon upon reaching "Kin" with Ostron.

Rewarding players that have already put in time: to have a chance of easily gathering tedious resources.

Argon Crystals already expire, so I never understood why we cannot use an Extractor drone in the void. (They could always increase the damage to drones in Void/Derelict/Veil Proxima)*

Would love if an Extractor drone could farm Titanium, Null Stones, Asterite, etc...

Thumper Doma's are sort-of a workaround to actually fishing and mining as you can get obtain these resources on kill. (Good workaround for player's with low standing)

~ Would be even nicer if a player could just rotate Extractors and get lucky with some fish/gemstones/wisps through utilizing the app to maintain Extractors.

• Like 1