Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The genius way DE min/maxes their player's time investment

Roble_Viejo

So I maxed the 50K for Scarlet Spear like a week ago, but today I decided to farm the Arcanes I actually use so I finally
get some maxed sets, at the same time I wanted to get the 1st Place emblems for a sense of pride and accomplishment
when I was informed about this:

qtpNnl5.jpg

My thought process was this: 

- Generally speaking, Ground is for new players and Space is for veterans.
- Space squads can suddenly not get anymore incoming codes when people hop flotilla.
- Space runs give considerably less credits than Ground.
- That means that playing like crazy to complete the 100 Murex and "save" the relay, while competing with other squads to get 1st place is somewhat penalized.
- Playing the event "the way you're supposed to" yields way less credits.

So all of this means DE is somehow trying to distribute Scarlet Spear requirements, playtime and rewards between Newer, more Casual players and Veterans, more Invested players. So they inflate casual player's time investment with ludicrous prices, incentivize short runs across the board to make it look like there is more player influx and mixing, and "penalize" competing for 1st place and hardcore farming so even veterans must play like casuals.

It's actually genius. They're literally min/maxing their players.

Now I'm not saying Warframe is dying, or that DE are abusing their players, no.
What I'm saying is that they explained Scarlet Spear was aimed to be played in certain way and the reality is the complete opposite. 
And lately they have been saying that they want to reward players time investment and not make farming meaningless and brain dead yet they have been doing exactly that. 

Im not mad, Im not sad, this is not a rant, Im just... Worried man. If Warframe keeps going this way its doomed, this has been downhill since Fortuna. 
Eidolon hunting is IMO one of the most enjoyable ways of playing the game.The Second Dream and Plains of Eidolon are my 2 favourites updates and I thought it was going to get better.

So anyway, if I have one advice is: Make enjoyable gameplay the number one priority, and stop milking player's playtime. 

PSA: And if you are a completionist bare in mind that you have to do both Ground and Space every 10K, 30K and 50K if you want all emblems. I did Ground runs until 50K and I only got the Rank 3 Space Emblem. 

• Like 6

hace 23 minutos, Roble_Viejo dijo:

Eidolon hunting is IMO one of the most enjoyable ways of playing the game.

Heh, then you're lucky to have people to play with, because to me that's one of the most frustrating things to do in this game, i don't even bother with it anymore, and if i ever touch it again, it'll be to try to build another amp.

• Like 1

Allowing top place players to get more bonus than others will potentially create a toxic competitive scene. Which is something DE seems to want to avoid here.

42 minutes ago, (PS4)xBellikx said:

Heh, then you're lucky to have people to play with, because to me that's one of the most frustrating things to do in this game, i don't even bother with it anymore, and if i ever touch it again, it'll be to try to build another amp.

I mostly solo my Tridolon runs. It’s not that difficult, sure it has a strict gear check but once you get it you can do 2 Tridos in 1 night or even up to 5x3 if you’re really pushing it.

• Like 2

Just now, DrivaMain said:

Allowing top place players to get more bonus than others will potentially create a toxic competitive scene. Which is something DE seems to want to avoid here.

But the point is not giving the top more, is just giving everyone what they deserve. 

If the 3rd group farmed 10000 point, give them 20k bonus cred. Capping only make people not invested in the flottila they are in and that is stupid. 

Something to consider, on release, the rewards were different. You needed 2 full ground runs and part of a 3rd. You also couldn't just swap to another relay either to keep getting credits, but you could get 10k from ground and 10k from space for a single relay. The only change to the "bonus" was limiting it to 10k per relay, so no 10k+10k from ground+space and probably the unintended change of allowing people to just keep swapping relays for multiple bonuses. The way it was worded is we were to get a bonus based on the highest score we got, capping at 10k, but that clearly didn't happen.

1 hour ago, Yamazuki said:

Something to consider, on release, the rewards were different. You needed 2 full ground runs and part of a 3rd. You also couldn't just swap to another relay either to keep getting credits, but you could get 10k from ground and 10k from space for a single relay. The only change to the "bonus" was limiting it to 10k per relay, so no 10k+10k from ground+space and probably the unintended change of allowing people to just keep swapping relays for multiple bonuses. The way it was worded is we were to get a bonus based on the highest score we got, capping at 10k, but that clearly didn't happen.

That was refering to the specific flotilla and that is exactly how it works. You cant go ground, ground, space, space and rack up 20k bonus in a single flotilla, so you are very much rewarded based on the highest score. Do 2 space and 1 ground and you'll get a 10k bonus since space hits the 5k mark. Do 1 of each and you'll only get 8k+ something bonus since it is based on ground which is the higher of the two in such a case.

Flotilla hopping is a risk vs reward system, you may run into bad luck and get nothing since too many hop from and too few hop to the flotilla along with you.

3 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

- Generally speaking, Ground is for new players and Space is for veterans.

PSA: And if you are a completionist bare in mind that you have to do both Ground and Space every 10K, 30K and 50K if you want all emblems. I did Ground runs until 50K and I only got the Rank 3 Space Emblem. 

Massive misconception on the first part. Ground is the most effective if you are a "veteran" (geared player) because your group sets the tempo alone while space relies on outside sources which can slow you down. 

Second is also a misconception. What you got for the 10/30/50k was the "Scarlet Spear" emblem, that is seperate from space and ground. Those two have nothing to do with the 10/30/50k marks, those are fully based on the "rank" in a flotilla and get a number added to them for each time you've finished on that rank. If you just want the emblems you need to do 3 different waves that end up at 3 different ranks for each game mode. The reward from the 10/30/50k mark will not have any numbers added to it.

• Like 1

When both are minmaxed, Space actually gives 30-50 more points per minute compared to ground. Issue is you can hit a bad luck streak with kill codes, so ground is better overall since you always get your points guaranteed.

7 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Generally speaking, Ground is for new players and Space is for veterans.

Well given that DE has continued to skip implimenting the Command intrinsic which would hopefully allow a solo player to play Railjack without cheese-hiding the Railjack, that cuts them out of 50% of the event and I'm an MR 28 founder (Which I hope still classifies as "vet")... so there's that as well.

So I got the two weapons for MR and I'm out. Maybe I'll try it again if it ever returns ater DE finally throws solo-railjack a bone

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

PSA: And if you are a completionist bare in mind that you have to do both Ground and Space every 10K, 30K and 50K if you want all emblems. I did Ground runs until 50K and I only got the Rank 3 Space Emblem

The event emblems are rewarded every 10, 30,50k total credits you get from any mode you play. 

Then the 3 condrix emblems (earth) are rewarded for the total of credits you get in 1 flotilla from ground assault , and the same for the murex ones (space) from driving murex away.