Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any info on Phase 3 of the Melee Rework

(PSN)Darkrya

There hasn't been any mention of it since last year on one of the devstreams. The only thing I remember about it was introducing the rage system, which would replace channeling or something like that.

If anyone has info on it I would like to hear about it, or if it I misinterpreted the info I would like clarification.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by (PS4)Darkrya
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Genitive said:

No info so far. They will show it when it's ready. Phase 2 also took time before they made a dev workshop about it (around 8 months since part 1).

With that time gap in mind, maybe they'll reveal the function right before tennogen 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Darkrya said:

With that time gap in mind, maybe they'll reveal the function right before tennogen 

Might be, I would like to hear some news too. However, considering they have Nightwave 3 and corpus remaster on their plates, I wouldn't expect any news on melee before those 2 have been released. 

a rage system of replacement of channeling?  I thought they scrap that idea just like they scrap lunaro's ball catcher weapon be used in PvE area.  If they do this I guess it is ok-ish and if it doesn't you know goes ok well then it is back to the drawing board.

1 hour ago, .Zevilar said:

So Heavy Attacks are only part of what's replaced Channeling?

Something like that, heavy attacks weren't buffed to replace channeling, I think they took out channeling in lieu of the rage system they talked about, and probably for extra space for controls.

10 hours ago, (PS4)Darkrya said:

There hasn't been any mention of it since last year on one of the devstreams. The only thing I remember about it was introducing the rage system, which would replace channeling or something like that.

If anyone has info on it I would like to hear about it, or if it I misinterpreted the info I would like clarification.

Thank you for your time.

There are some extra features in the works, like the rage system you mention.
No info on WHEN and IF those will ever be a thing.

Right now we can really consider melee in its actual 3.0 final state, and tbh i dont even want extra features. I just wish some stances were more polished, and possibily some weapons more heavily reworked. Right now there is variety and at the same time there isnt, there are a few melee that work and scale far better than others, same goes for stances. With the "good" stance equipped all melee that share a type feel the same, but some being just straight better than others:

Also wish they address better the new damage revision before making any relevant update to melee