Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please stop adding entirely new gameplay systems for a couple years and just fix the core

Brynslustafir

Why? Because it almost always takes multiple years for the devs to get a system into a good place. I've been here since the week this game went open beta, but in the last 4 years I've noticed that, with alarming consistency, Major gameplay or system additions almost always launch in a frustratingly unfinished or broken state, or just pale in comparison to the more traditional on-foot combat which the game was built on. 

Archwing, Focus, Rivens/Kuva and Railjack are all prominent examples of content that launched in an irritatingly half-baked state. What's more, not only does a new grating system get in the way of a more enjoyable core gameplay loop, but these features take developer attention away from core issues that players have been asking to see addressed for years straight. 

Archwing, Focus and Rivens all launched in need of heavy revision, but the reason I'm making this thread now instead of 2 years ago is because of Railjack.

Why was Railjack the straw that broke the camels back? Because not only did it launch in an unfinished, unbalanced state, but the devs also decided to build an entire month-long endgame level event on top of a system that is still in its Infancy. Railjack was not ready to support this kind of pressure, just as Railjack was not ready to live up to player expectations in the first place. Please just stop forcing heavy loads onto systems that can't hold such weight. I get it, you have a grand, ambitious vision for this game, but at some point all grand ambitions have to reigned in to a more reasonable level. I have enjoyed watching this game slowly grow from a simple corridor shooter into a lightning-fast spiritual successor to Vanquish, but every time you try to take a step too far, you stumble. And this event may be the biggest stumble I've seen yet. 

If any devs actually read this, Please stop overreaching. Take up a more reasonable workload and place your focus squarely upon it. The last thing you or I need right now is another distraction to take us away from the honestly Golden core gameplay system. You have the slickest core gameplay engine outside of an Arena Shooter, but you keep moving further and further away from it, That's not what Warframe needs right now, and this obvious over-ambition has me worried for this games future. I want to watch this game thrive, but this overextended ambition is hurting more than it helps. 

Edited by Brynslustafir
  • Like 28

Yeah DE definitely need to fix and patch whats wrong and start taking (and study) players' opinions
(and stop "fixing" ability that work as intended and make events like they should be)
I want Warframe to be a fantastique game, I don't care if you take more time DE

• Like 5

Just now, Aisu9 said:

Yeah DE definitely need to fix and patch whats wrong and start taking (and study) players' opinions
(and stop "fixing" ability that work as intended and make events like they should be)
I want Warframe to be a fantastique game, I don't care if you take more time DE

Glad to know I'm not the only one who wants quality instead of quantity.

• Like 7

Agreed. I really do hope they finally take a step back and actually start working on older content that hasn’t been fixed/polished in years now. If they don’t do this soon though, it’s going to be a bigger hole that their gonna have to dig themselves out of, which is the unfortunate truth.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Brynslustafir said:

thrive, but this overextended ambition is hurting more than it helps. 

We need some Blind Rage with Streamline.

Warframe needs to tie up and modernize existing gameplay systems. As long as DE thinks that 3.000 credits or 1 morphics is a good reward for a mission we will go nowhere.

Warframe is an really interesting case of video games. Not many games survive for this long. DE is building a grand skyscraper and while the middle and top look modern and shiny and nice its all being hold by old dilapidated first few stories.

Its all here, we have the parts to make something great and something that will be remembered for years to come. Warframe suffers from "isolated island" syndrome where gameplay systems are floating in the void not really connected to each other. While i support DE ambition (stagnation and the lack of creativity is the worst thing that can happen) i think we need some good old OG updates (i think the next one will be like that) and Warframe Revised times 10.

Edited by Savire510
  • Like 3

Just now, TheGrimCorsair said:

Please fund DE's entire operating costs out of pocket for a year.

Releasing broken content that drives people away isn't helping DE's finances, I can assure you.

I'm not telling them to stop making weapons, frames or Prime access packs. I'm asking them to stop releasing broken systems like Railjack for a spell. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

We need some Blind Rage with Streamline.

Warframe needs to tie up and modernize existing gameplay systems. As long as DE thinks that 3.000 credits or 1 morphics is a good reward for a mission we will go nowhere.

Warframe is an really interesting case of video games. Not many games survive for this long. DE is building a grand skyscraper and while the middle and top look modern and shiny and nice its all being hold by old dilapidated first few stories.

Its all here, we have the parts to make something great and something that will be remembered for years to come. Warframe suffers from "isolated island" syndrome where gameplay systems are floating in the void not really connected to each other. While i support DE ambition (stagnation and the lack of creativity is the worst thing that can happen) i think we need some good old OG updates (i think the next one will be like that) and Warframe Revised times 10.

Pretty much sums up what I’ve been saying as well. As it stands right now, there’s Warframe, then there are separate islands which are obviously PoE, Fortuna, Railjack. Hell, you could even throw in the old timed events which has story telling that you can only currently find if you look at the Wiki.

What they need to do is connect them into the normal game. I’m not a game developer by any means, but that doesn’t take away the fact that these systems are not tied at all to the normal game of Warframe and need to be tied into the normal game.

• Like 3

I am enjoying scarlet spear emmensly.  Yes it was bugged at release but you know what, they released it during a global f-in pandemic and got it fixed quickly.  

I'm getting pretty tired of all the complaint threads (and I'm guilty of a few myself).  But enough is enough, yes they made some mistakes but they also fixed them and archwing is not in a bad place at the moment.  

Maybe take a break from Warframe for awhile and come back later to appreciate it for what it is!  

17 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

Pretty much sums up what I’ve been saying as well. As it stands right now, there’s Warframe, then there are separate islands which are obviously PoE, Fortuna, Railjack. Hell, you could even throw in the old timed events which has story telling that you can only currently find if you look at the Wiki.

What they need to do is connect them into the normal game. I’m not a game developer by any means, but that doesn’t take away the fact that these systems are not tied at all to the normal game of Warframe and need to be tied into the normal game.

The Disparity between the Core game and the additional systems feels jarring at best and frustrating at worst. 

17 hours ago, Educated_Beast said:

I am enjoying scarlet spear emmensly.  Yes it was bugged at release but you know what, they released it during a global f-in pandemic and got it fixed quickly.  

I'm getting pretty tired of all the complaint threads (and I'm guilty of a few myself).  But enough is enough, yes they made some mistakes but they also fixed them and archwing is not in a bad place at the moment.  

Maybe take a break from Warframe for awhile and come back later to appreciate it for what it is!  

This is about DE's blatantly overextended ambition and the long-term damage it's doing to the game, not just one event that I think is a bit shoddy. 

Did I post this in the Scarlet Spear megathread? No, and there's a good reason for that. 

This is the Feedback forum. Telling people not to leave feedback is a touch ridiculous. 

• Like 2

à l’instant, Educated_Beast a dit :

I took a break of 3 mounths and came back for scarlet spear, i test it and the reward was too low for the time used to make the mission, even now after upgrading reward and score reward are still too low, i don't want to use my afternoon to farm enough credit to buy a single arcane set

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Educated_Beast said:

I think the reason why there are so much complaining these days is ‘cause the players (including myself) are fed up with the way DE have been handling things. We’re not complaining for the sake of complaining, we genuinely want the game to succeed, we’re just sick of their decisions that’s all.

• Like 4

In my opinion, DE should start by amplifying endless missions and turning more game modes into endless missions, they are where WF shines. 

How? 

1- Add more scaling abilities to Warframes, like Nidus passive (even though it would need a better scaling for it to work on endless modes). In the current state of WF, things are too immediate. 

2- Add scaling rewards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

In my opinion, DE should start by amplifying endless missions and turning more game modes into endless missions, they are where WF shines. 

How? 

1- Add more scaling abilities to Warframes, like Nidus passive (even though it would need a better scaling for it to work on endless modes). In the current state of WF, things are too immediate. 

2- Add scaling rewards.

Both things I've wanted for years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

i just want what Steve has been saying about these islands to finally come true. I know this takes time and i know a global fricking pandemic doesnt help. Railjack was supposed to be the bridge for this but it itself was turned into an island. I know that Railjack is not yet compeletly finished (haha, yes bugs we know, but from gameplay side) There are no corpus, no 5th skill, no crew, no liches. Current Railjack feels like a foundation for the future and i really hope this doesnt blow up.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Educated_Beast said:

HAHAHA lol, he thinks 1 decent event (not even good, just decent) can cover up all the terrible content they've been creating, all the complaints they ignored, all the chat bans that occurred for nothing relevant, all the unreasonable nerfs because they just couldn't acknowledge that the problem was in the game mode and not the Warframe, like they did with Chroma and now everybody is asking for a rework?  Do you really think? 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)XG1anBl4derX said:

How? 

2- Add scaling rewards.

Void fissure endless kindaaaa does scaling rewards but only in the form of affinity or resources. I wish we could increase difficulty and instead of geting 1 reward we would get more.

For example 1 C rotation, we get 1 reward, 2 C rotation we get 2 rewards from the droptable and so on with the other stuff. Ofcourse the droptables should be cleared of trash first.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Savire510 said:

i just want what Steve has been saying about these islands to finally come true. I know this takes time and i know a global fricking pandemic doesnt help. Railjack was supposed to be the bridge for this but it itself was turned into an island. I know that Railjack is not yet compeletly finished (haha, yes bugs we know, but from gameplay side) There are no corpus, no 5th skill, no crew, no liches. Current Railjack feels like a foundation for the future and i really hope this doesnt blow up.

Pretty much yep. It’s unfortunate they released Railjack during the Game Awards, ‘cause they knew well enough that the update wasn’t finished and did it anyways. I really do hope they connect Railjack with the normal game though, it would be a step into the right direction without a doubt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

Void fissure endless kindaaaa does scaling rewards but only in the form of affinity or resources. I wish we could increase difficulty and instead of geting 1 reward we would get more.

For example 1 C rotation, we get 1 reward, 2 C rotation we get 2 rewards from the droptable and so on with the other stuff. Ofcourse the droptables should be cleared of trash first.

I wish it was like this: 

- Every 10 rounds you have the option to: add 15~30% (multiplicative) more power strenght/duration/range/efficiency (one of them) to your Warframe, or add more rewards (you can choose) as endo/resources/chance to drop rare things (like a reactor for example, more Kuva, etc). 

So it would work more like a gamble, but a fair one.

Edited by (XB1)XG1anBl4derX

It's as if Warframe development is a never ending loop of:

1) Hey, so I've got this crazy novel idea, how about we implement it!

2) So yeah, I've never though past the rough sketch, just bare bones, not really thought through, too, but hey, we'll think of something later, TIME TO LAUNCH IT!

3) Maybe we should allocate that one guy who seems to have free time in between tasks to "fix" it. Maybe. In other news, I came up with another crazy novel idea!..

I mean, I haven't been with Warframe from the very start, no. I started what, right before Update 13 or so, so spring 2014. Still quite a bit of time. And somehow they just don't seem to learn that stacking cool-but-unfinished ideas on top of each other forever and ever does NOT make a solid game. It works somehow, but the whole thing is looking more and more like a house of cards. Maybe it's about time to sit back and rethink stuff hard? As in, right about NOW, before the whole "venture comes crashing down around you" © Glast? Pretty please? 

Edited by Reifnir
  • Like 3

Just now, xXDeadsinxX said:

Pretty much yep. It’s unfortunate they released Railjack during the Game Awards, ‘cause they knew well enough that the update wasn’t finished and did it anyways. I really do hope they connect Railjack with the normal game though, it would be a step into the right direction without a doubt.

Forgeting about the bugs, imagine opening relics in space while you are getting attacked by your kuva lich with his own fleet of ships. And at the same time your own converted lich sits behind your cannons.

Just now, Reifnir said:

It's as if Warframe development is a never ending loop of:

1) Hey, so I've got this crazy novel idea, how about we implement it!

2) So yeah, I've never though past the rough sketch, just bare bones, not really thought through, too, but hey, we'll think of something later, TIME TO LAUNCH IT!

3) Maybe we should allocate that one guy who seems to have free time in between tasks to "fix" it. Maybe. In other news, I came up with another crazy novel idea!..

I mean, I haven't been with Warframe from the very start, no. I started what, right before Update 13 or so, so spring 2014. Still quite a bit of time. And somehow they just don't seem to learn that stacking cool-but-unfinished idea on top of each other forever and ever does NOT make a solid game. It works somehow, but the whole thing is looking more and more like a house of cards. Maybe it's about time to sit back and rethink stuff hard? As in, right about NOW, before the whole "venture comes crashing down around you" © Glast? Pretty please? 

You've been here long enough to arrive at the sentiment that has prevented me from enjoying this game as much as I want to. We already have more than enough stuff. I'd rather see that stuff get polished up than get something new. 

• Like 1