Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack mini raid?

Vit0Corleone

3 hours ago, Galuf said:

Imho the strengh of Railjack is where community sucks the most, aka multitasking and prioritizing things that can be handled simultaneously:

- Flying in the rj killing small ships 5, 10, 20 at once

- Doing objective missions

- Handling crew ships

- Knowing when you need to do the macro things(repairs/forge/boarders). Spoiler alert: the answer is almost never

Even if RJ is aging as a game mode(it has +-6monthes now) players on average performs extremly poorly. It is imho due to the culture of the game that is very player centric where everybody is self contained and performance do no matter while in RJ on the contrary you benefit from doing your own thing, and your swiftness of execution benefits the others a lot too. For example you can do in kuva liches missions and blattantly leeching, I don't mind doing the mission alone and helping mr8 players who have 10 days on wf(I'm genuinely happy to help even), in Railjack it gives me headache doing mr25+ players job almost every time I launch a mission, killing 6 crewships yourself is not long, however having the feeling at the end of the mission that you have done twice the efforts you should have made is taxing.

What could be added imho are:

- hardcore bullet sponges, like ennemies you'd want to use dead blossom + battles stations builds to kill

- races situations where on top of everything there are positions to reach at certain timers

- more complicated but maybe procedurally generated account bound missions where you initiate chains and follow ups with proceduraly generated objectives, mission events (each rj makes his own road)

For a RJ raid to work, it would require a lot of ressources to developp and imho and it should be on a 6 to 8 players crew or 3 to 4 crews with no mechanics like the first raid pads :).

IME players adjust pretty well in RJ. I just started seriously leveling mine and always get good teammates. Even newbies get the hang of things pretty quick. No one uses the forge though

Edited by Hypernaut1

Il y a 1 heure, Hypernaut1 a dit :

IME players so pretty will in RJ. I just started seriously leveling mine and always get good teammates. Even newbies get the hang of things pretty quick. No one uses the forge though

Mood Model GIF by JustViral

14 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Of course they removed it because nobody played it. They even showed a player chart citing that it's not worth for them to keep fixing the bugs for such a low amount of players. In hindsight, I'm actually glad trails were bugged to hell and back, cause if they hadn't been we'd still have arcanes locked behind forced coop to this day.

Not at all bro. If that’s the logic conclave and a few other game modes should’ve been on the chopping block as well. Also tricaps are “forced co-op” until you have literally maxed focus and a uncanny grind in Amps . Nobody forced you to play lor. Arcanes aren’t even a mandatory part of the game so it’s not like some content required to progress was gated behind it if you wanted an arcane you’d do lore just like tricaps and Scarlett spear 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Not at all bro. If that’s the logic conclave and a few other game modes should’ve been on the chopping block as well. Also tricaps are “forced co-op” until you have literally maxed focus and a uncanny grind in Amps . Nobody forced you to play lor. Arcanes aren’t even a mandatory part of the game so it’s not like some content required to progress was gated behind it if you wanted an arcane you’d do lore just like tricaps and Scarlett spear 

If you want that shiny new Arcane and you don’t like raids you are technically “Forced” to do LoR. You need a competent team to do raids which is pretty rare nowadays and warframe players hate forced CO-OP gamemodes.

Tridolons are “forced CO-OP”? I don’t think so. You can get a proper amp and magus arcanes without even need to kill the first Eidolon by grinding Sentient Cores from sentient units or Eidolon Vomvalysts. Focus? You can get that from ESO and all you need are the essential nodes : Void Strike and Unairu Wisp and they don’t take that much time to grind.

37 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

If you want that shiny new Arcane and you don’t like raids you are technically “Forced” to do LoR. You need a competent team to do raids which is pretty rare nowadays and warframe players hate forced CO-OP gamemodes.

Tridolons are “forced CO-OP”? I don’t think so. You can get a proper amp and magus arcanes without even need to kill the first Eidolon by grinding Sentient Cores from sentient units or Eidolon Vomvalysts. Focus? You can get that from ESO and all you need are the essential nodes : Void Strike and Unairu Wisp and they don’t take that much time to grind.

Literally they aren’t required. Any this type of practice isn’t seen as negative in any other game. You want that gambit exclusive weapon? Play gambit. You want a raid exotic in d2 do raids. You want monster gear in eso. Do trails etc. not everything has to be accessible to the solo player and even so that’s not a bad thing. 

That requires just as much if not more investment then just doing tricaps or edilyon hunts in a group. Getting a decent amp means you’ve been in Cetus grinded our standing (which the fastest way is caps) or orb vallus spending a significant amount more time to just do it solo. And with focus the grind is very very meh depending on things like mr etc. I hav all focus schools maxed except varzin I think so effectively It’s harder and overall less rewarding to do solo. If you’re going to do this solo why would you not advocate for more rewards as well

6 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Literally they aren’t required. Any this type of practice isn’t seen as negative in any other game. You want that gambit exclusive weapon? Play gambit. You want a raid exotic in d2 do raids. You want monster gear in eso. Do trails etc. not everything has to be accessible to the solo player and even so that’s not a bad thing. 

This won't work with the Warframe community. I have seen time and time again. Everytime they added an exclusive reward that from a gamemode that isolated a lot of the playerbase the community goes full nuclear meltdown demanding DE to make it available to everyone.

6 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

This won't work with the Warframe community. I have seen time and time again. Everytime they added an exclusive reward that from a gamemode that isolated a lot of the playerbase the community goes full nuclear meltdown demanding DE to make it available to everyone.

It’s not an issue of solo players it’s a mix of bad matchmaking and players being used to  easy content and NOT having to play co-op there was a time where teamwork was needed but lack of balance and powercreep destroyed that. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Solo players sure do whinge a lot.

If you don't want to play with others, then don't do the coop content. It's like anything else, you have to earn the things you want to get because otherwise what is the point of actively playing the game at all?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Solo players sure do whinge a lot.

If you don't want to play with others, then don't do the coop content. It's like anything else, you have to earn the things you want to get because otherwise what is the point of actively playing the game at all?

You can’t blame them however. Over the years de has progressively sidelined the want or need of co-op in game because simply. They didn’t implement co-op features look at eso liches any mission etc. it’s almost like the game wants you to play solo but get help from everyone. just not in misssiom tho 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

You can’t blame them however. Over the years de has progressively sidelined the want or need of co-op in game because simply. They didn’t implement co-op features look at eso liches any mission etc. it’s almost like the game wants you to play solo but get help from everyone. just not in misssiom tho 

I see DE designs mission with the goal “Solo Players can participate, but playing with others is more efficient”. I actually support this way because you are not forced to it but the game incentivize you to go CO-OP if you want to be more efficient.

For example, Disruption is faster with a full squad because the squad can carry multiple keys than solo where you can only carry 1 at a time.

Edited by DrivaMain

43 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I see DE designs mission with the goal “Solo Players can participate, but playing with others is more efficient”. I actually support this way because you are not forced to it but the game incentivize you to go CO-OP if you want to be more efficient.

For example, Disruption is faster with a full squad because the squad can carry multiple keys than solo where you can only carry 1 at a time.

There is no true incentive to play a group other then finishing the content faster however. You don’t get any more rewards playing solo and effectively you get slightly more resources playing in a group (only in situations where multiple farm frames are present does it benefit you) but even then you can bring a farm frame yourself and mitigate it. I have no issue with allowing solo play as I do it most of the time but there is no issue with having co op “only game modes”