Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow for railjack scrapping without owning a ship

Bronze_Pleb

On 2020-05-02 at 2:50 PM, Bronze_Pleb said:

Long story short he cannot play railjack since he cannot scrap the weapons/engines we get from missions, since he doesn't own a railjack. Is this intended? Seems quite a big overlook really

I wasn't going to say anything in this thread as I don't have a jack myself, but I just remembered something.

DE will reward RJ material at times for watching their streams.  Only reason I have any RJ stuff.

We actually had this issue today. So for a person without railjack, mission starts and prompt to scrap appears, but this prompt seems to appear only during cutscene (when railjack launching to space). If cutscene is interrupted (like everyone usually do), apparently prompt disappears. I was asked to "give time to scrap" which i did not understand initially, but then i left cutscene playing and my friend was able to scrap parts he got. He disconnected anyway, but i was able to invite him after mission started.

When this happens, invite response is very misleading too. I'm sending invite and getting "XXXXX refused your invite", but for person who i'm sending invite to message is somehow different, something about "can't join".

I think it's a bug and definitely not intended, or at least very poorly implemented.

• Like 1

On 2020-05-04 at 7:18 AM, Scorpin99 said:

You all do remember why that exists now right? people complained that wreckage was auto-scrapped when railjack launched, DE removed that, let people know the cap, and then made it so you cant go into a railjack mission without having empty capacity, kind of like sorties and rivens

They just need to let people without railjack to use the damn bench to scrap their parts. Or make another bench they can use for this.

Edit: i actually went ahead and filed a bug about this in bug report megathread or whatever.

Edited by 32768

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

You mean, nobody reported this before?

I don't know, i didn't read all 19 pages of bugs from revisited thread and 90 pages or so for pre-revisited thread. I hope this helps.

I mean it looks pretty huge, even though railjack is improved quite a lot in recent patch, people can not always play it because game won't let them join a mission and won't tell what the problem is and even if they figure it out, it won't let them fix the problem.

I actually had this issue twice today. First time i just didn't get it, my friend was disconnecting for no reason and it was telling me that he refused my invite, i thought maybe i need to relog or reboot my router or something. But he has railjack, so he will be able to fix this eventually (as long as he's in clan), but other people who are not so much involved into railjack might get pretty desperate about this situation if they can't play. Or so i think.

• Like 1

OP, i have found that when you click the prompt to scrap because you are over your limit that button for sell or scrap doesn't apear until you have scrapped enough to take you below the limit. i.e. if your at 37 you have to select 8 things to get the scrap/sell prompt. hope that works for yeh

• 10 months later...

Here's what you do: Entire party forms a squad in orbit.  Host goes into their RJ from their Orbiter and tries to start any mission.  This will force the folks with a full scrap inventory into the "scrap inventory" dashboard.  They scrap all their MK I and MK II stuff.  After this is done, host takes squad to Dojo and departs for RJ missions from there.

Easy peasy - just had to do it today with half the squad not even belonging to the clan.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, HoustonDragon said:

There really should be a console on the random drydocks that allow someone to scrap, even if they don't have the RJ itself. Especially now that its Endo instead of Dirac.

No, just build your damn railjack

It's like if you were asking to craft an Amp without having unlocked the Operator. I get worried about the logic of people sometimes

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Ailia_Grimm:

It's like if you were asking to craft an Amp without having unlocked the Operator.

And the nonsense continues.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Ailia_Grimm:

I get worried about the logic of people sometimes

If I was mindlessly defending whatever was currently ingame, no matter how asinine it was, I'd be worried about people using logic too.

Edited by Krankbert
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

No, just build your damn railjack

Considering they're pushing for the "group" activity, not everyone should HAVE to own a RJ. If there was an actual option to have our RJ fleet in a mission, then hell yeah.

It's especially silly when we're already griping about not being able to use our own awesome tricked out rides by being shuffled to a random host.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoustonDragon said:

Considering they're pushing for the "group" activity, not everyone should HAVE to own a RJ. If there was an actual option to have our RJ fleet in a mission, then hell yeah.

It's especially silly when we're already griping about not being able to use our own awesome tricked out rides by being shuffled to a random host.

Railjack is perfectly doable in solo, they also greatly reduced the costs to build one, again

There is no excuse to not build one anymore