Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas and Glaives Still Broken

Traumtulpe

It has been 2 months, if I recall correctly, since you were made aware of obvious and disqualifying bugs regarding Gas damage and the "glaive" weapon type.

You may have forgotten, thus I'd like to remind you of these issues:

• Gas damage has no scaling with elemental mods, and is thus completely useless. You most likely broke the formula with your Warframe Revised update.
  • Glaives throw and/or explosion (the sole reason to use them) is completely nonfunctional. Important mods don't apply to one or the other (or both), and the explosion seems entirely incapable of landing critical hits.

No need to hurry though, just a weapon class, and a damage type, that are completely nonfunctional for 2 months and counting.

• Like 2

I mean, they really do need to fix these issues, especially for the explosion. But CO not working on regular throws doesn't make the throw nonfunctional, it's more of a mild inconvenience (if it was pre-nerf CO we were talking about, that might be a different story).

Edited by rapt0rman

19 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

But CO not working on regular throws doesn't make the throw nonfunctional

Combo multiplier (and thus Corrupt Charge) also had no effect in my tests, and just throwing the glaive without making use of the explosion is a tremendous waste of your time. Get a gun instead, It'll do much more damage.

38 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Combo multiplier (and thus Corrupt Charge) also had no effect in my tests, and just throwing the glaive without making use of the explosion is a tremendous waste of your time. Get a gun instead, It'll do much more damage.

Combo multiplier by itself does no damage on throws because it's not the heavy attack, that part isn't broken. An attack can either build combo but not gain damage, or consume combo and gain damage, it's not going to do both. Bloodrush/weeping wounds on the other hand function just fine.

Personally I'll never use glaives for the explosion, I use glaives because they're fun as glaives.

Edited by rapt0rman

20 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Combo multiplier by itself does no damage on throws because it's not the heavy attack, that part isn't broken

Well, the explosion also doesn't benefit from Combo multiplier. Nor does the regular attack. Explosions used to be the reason to use a glaive in the first place, Glaive Prime in particular.

Just now, Traumtulpe said:

Well, the explosion also doesn't benefit from Combo multiplier.

Indeed, that part is broken and needs to be fixed.

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

Explosions used to be the reason to use a glaive in the first place, Glaive Prime in particular.

As an avid glaive user since their introduction, couldn't care less. 

37 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

I use glaives because they're fun as glaives.

I believe there is a mod that increases damage from kicks. Sounds like just your thing.

I'm the kind of player that, given the choice, prefers to instant kill an enemy with a headshot instead of spending 30 seconds throwing glaives a them, but to each their own.

8 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Nope. I want DE to fix the bugs they introduced 2 months ago. I know it is a lot to ask.

they are too busy working on these things, mods that dont drop nor actually do what they say when they are released.

seriously though... who thought of this????... a mod that is not only never gonna be used over other things for that slot, BUT ALSO doesnt actualy do damage, since it only goes off base stats.

JuSZItt.png

Edited by 5p33dy_01

4 hours ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

they are too busy working on these things, mods that dont drop nor actually do what they say when they are released.

While that is funny and all, I may have given the wrong impression:

I am not interested in trash-talking DE. I just really wish that, besides all their ambition, they would set aside enough resources to do the bare minimum of keeping the game from falling apart...

i have not experienced  the explosion not getting cirts, have you tried using wisp and taking advantage of her passive? 

On 2020-05-05 at 12:03 PM, Traumtulpe said:

• Glaives throw and/or explosion (the sole reason to use them) is completely nonfunctional. Important mods don't apply to one or the other (or both), and the explosion seems entirely incapable of landing critical hits

11 minutes ago, repinsbari said:

i have not experienced  the explosion not getting cirts, have you tried using wisp and taking advantage of her passive? 

That would be yellow hits from stealth multipliers, separate thing from crits.

On 2020-05-06 at 9:02 AM, 5p33dy_01 said:

seriously though... who thought of this????

Actually...that might be me.

Coz I remember asking for "Stronger kicks" ….because they do not deal enough damage to break Grates and Crates.    

Never expected it as a MOD tho. 

23 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

That would be yellow hits from stealth multipliers, separate thing from crits.

thanks, can't believe i've been playing the game this long and didn't know those things were different. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-05-05 at 1:20 PM, Traumtulpe said:

Looks like this got fixed. I also discover that relentless combination no longer work with glaive throw or explosion.