Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to make Sorties Endgame

Dark5

Hi, I am a Tenno and I would like to share my ideas and vision on what changes could be implemented to sorties to make them endgame worthy. Now that I have introduced myself proper, I will proceed to the explanation.

Firstly a higher tier or double difficulty Sortie or Nightmare Sortie as I called it can be implemented once a player has achieved a certain MR, completed all star charts or whatever DE deems appropriate. Now these sorties could be harder by introducing a new Gamemode. 

The new mode has higher enemy levels and is a mixture of the current modes. For example the base mission could be Survival but with a twist by concurrently running Assassinations, Spy, Rescue, Mobile Defense or the other numerous modes together so the Mission in a whole is significantly longer, interesting, refreshing and extremely difficult and fun due to possible teamwork, multiple objectives and higher enemies levels.

Of course the rewards at the end could be made extremely attractive and worthy of doing. The possibilities could be endless and almost Raids-like maybe even allowing more than 4 players a Mission. 

Thank you for reading and what do you guys think?

Edited by Dark5
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Dark5 said:

what do you guys think?

That the horse called "sorties" was so beaten up that there's not even dust to tell the story.

Want Sorties to be endgame? Take out your mods and disable your UI. Also, don't bulletjump and kill everyone on your path.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)NoTrollGaming said:

don't think it should be locked behind a certain MR, MR doesn't really mean anything

If nothing else it means the person has enough gear and mods to run the mission though, low mr might be competent but usually don't have maxed prime mods and min maxed builds for efficient runs, something most vets strive for

We could throw in annoying/hard missions into Sorties to help players complain on the forums

Sortie Tridolon (Assassination)
Sortie Phase 1-4 Fortuna Heist (Assassination)
Sortie Arbitration Survival/Excavation/Defense/Interception (40 minutes)
Sortie Nightmare Lua Spy (people actually think Lua Spy is really hard, so throw it into endgame Sorties!).
Sortie Veil Proxima Railjack
Sortie Grendel-style Missions
Sortie Archwing Mobile Defense/Interception (a lot of players didn't build their Archwing, so these are considered hard).
Sortie Lvl 100 Wolf of Saturn Six (Assassination)

I do like OP's twists with, say, Survival having time consuming objectives. It's already difficult to farm containers for Mutagen Samples while keeping the Survival capacity up on Derelicts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nslay said:

We could throw in annoying/hard missions into Sorties to help players complain on the forums

Sortie Tridolon (Assassination)
Sortie Phase 1-4 Fortuna Heist (Assassination)
Sortie Arbitration Survival/Excavation/Defense/Interception (40 minutes)
Sortie Nightmare Lua Spy (people actually think Lua Spy is really hard, so throw it into endgame Sorties!).
Sortie Veil Proxima Railjack
Sortie Grendel-style Missions
Sortie Archwing Mobile Defense/Interception (a lot of players didn't build their Archwing, so these are considered hard).

I do like OP's twists with, say, Survival having time consuming objectives. It's already difficult to farm containers for Mutagen Samples while keeping the Survival capacity up on Derelicts.

nice

3 minutes ago, Danielw8 said:

nice

Bullet sponge with invincible goons that can and do kill lots of players.

Well, with armor scaling changes, maybe not so bad now right?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nslay said:

Bullet sponge with invincible goons that can and do kill lots of players.

Well, with armor scaling changes, maybe not so bad now right?

At early game when we have Mk1 braton and we need 15 bullets per enemy, and waste 3500 bullets in a single exterminate to finish feels nice -> this is why we play warframe

At mid game when you have a mediocre gear with some formas, maybe with luck riven feels super nice, you feel you have progretion in the game, you are killing lvl 100 and feels great -> this is why people KEEP playing warframe

At late game, when with 2 buttoms you destroy the entire map, or 2 shoots you kill a group of enemies lvl 9999 -> this is why people quit, is really boring do the same thing with 0 challenge 0 rewards for the endgame, you are playing for no reason

The dream? make lvl 100/200 all eximus, super stronger, almost impossible to finish a mission

Casual/newbie gamers will keep playing 10 waves in hidron or 10 min mission, this changes doesnt affect 10min run people, but at this moment need something hard for people with 2k+hours

Edited by Danielw8

il y a une heure, Danielw8 a dit :

At late game, when with 2 buttoms you destroy the entire map, or 2 shoots you kill a group of enemies lvl 9999

I was taking you seriously until this. Exaggerating does not make your point more true, at the contrary. 1 youtube video is not the rule. 

Il y a 3 heures, Dark5 a dit :

Thank you for reading and what do you guys think?

Yes, everthing that can bring some challenge is good. Sorties definitively needs a bit of attention. Yes, it should be MR locked, players needs objectives in order to keep the other content of the game still relevant. 

Arbitrations are already there for that. Sorties aren't end game (Isn't War within around the middle of the star map?). I find Funny how peope aways talk about end-game, but forget that some things like mid game exists too. Sorties are tecnically a gate for end game, at least now, where you get Rivens, Kuva, endo, and extra potatoes without using money

Arbitrations are already there for that. Sorties aren't end game (Isn't War within around the middle of the star map?). I find Funny how peope aways talk about end-game, but forget that some things like mid game exists too. Sorties are tecnically a gate for end game, at least now, where you get Rivens, Kuva, endo, and extra potatoes without using money

the Mission in a whole is significantly longer, interesting, refreshing and extremely difficult and fun due to possible teamwork, multiple objectives and higher enemies levels.

Funny, Arbitrations had a lot of complain and modification because of how long it was for rewards, and I've seen a lot of complain when DE tries to make the teamwork work ( Railjack with people wanting the command earlier to be able to do solo, scalert spear with the whole link gimmick)

Edited by LupoDWolf