Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus needs a health buff

(PSN)Captain_Bonecold

21 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

nothing kills nidus with stacks.

There's more than one way to cc and group up mobs.

standing in a room? amazing, I find these longest solo survival, grineer, corrupted funny ... but why not infested?

or solo survival in jupter, is a great challenge, large open maps unusual enemies, until it is cloned by a heqet and sucked by the larva of a nidus

2 hours ago, Famecans said:

but why not infested?

Because Grineer are harder to kill and do plenty of damage at range especially in T4 nodes. Corrupted also provide the most variety with units from different factions.

Infested die if you sneeze in their directon and have to be close to you to deal damage. Plus they attack in greater numbers letting you stack up real quick.

Corpus are infintely weak to toxin and while Nullifiers pose a threat they are still affected by things like Magus Lockdown and melt to high rof weapons. They do more damage than grineer at range though, but have weak accuracy due to not having many hitscan weapons.

Nidus has one of the best CC skills though  which helps a lot with survival in the majority of scenarios. Bullet from nowhere in open maps are mitigated by his passive, but if youre so balls deep into a survival that you get one-shot through all that EHP you're assumed to have a strat to mitigate that S#&$. If you let the Heqet clone you...its a you problem, not a nidus problem.

Either way, Nidus will perform much better than Inaros, having about 800K more ehp on your normal builds in addition to "death gate". Grace removed since its garbage compared to Life Strike.

Edited by T-Shark69

7 hours ago, T-Shark69 said:

Because Grineer are harder to kill and do plenty of damage at range especially in T4 nodes. Corrupted also provide the most variety with units from different factions.

Infested die if you sneeze in their directon and have to be close to you to deal damage. Plus they attack in greater numbers letting you stack up real quick.

Corpus are infintely weak to toxin and while Nullifiers pose a threat they are still affected by things like Magus Lockdown and melt to high rof weapons. They do more damage than grineer at range though, but have weak accuracy due to not having many hitscan weapons.

Nidus has one of the best CC skills though  which helps a lot with survival in the majority of scenarios. Bullet from nowhere in open maps are mitigated by his passive, but if youre so balls deep into a survival that you get one-shot through all that EHP you're assumed to have a strat to mitigate that S#&$. If you let the Heqet clone you...its a you problem, not a nidus problem.

Either way, Nidus will perform much better than Inaros, having about 800K more ehp on your normal builds in addition to "death gate". Grace removed since its garbage compared to Life Strike.

I didn't say that Inaros is better than Nidus, and the suggested increase in health for Nidus is not the solution to the problem mentioned in this topic

nidus is not an immortal frame until the player has everything ready and knows how to play, for a novice player I strongly recommend inaros instead of nidus, as the expectation of immortality and popularity of nidus will be overshadowed by the difficulty of preparation

grineer is not the most difficult faction of the game and the combination of enemies mentioned above is always ignored as it is easier to choose grineer survival or corrupted corpus

50 minutes ago, Famecans said:

for a novice player I strongly recommend inaros 

I don't reccomend Inaros to anyone. For a novice player Excalibur Umbra is enough. No novice player is gonna face enemies of such a high enough level that any tank frame will be worth taking. For experienced players, any other tank is better, since they have abilities.

50 minutes ago, Famecans said:

grineer is not the most difficult faction of the game and the combination of enemies mentioned above is always ignored as it is easier to choose grineer survival or corrupted corpus

I already provided points on to why Grineer and Corrupted are chosen. No ammount of gimmick abilities will save enemies if they're dead in seconds. An Ancient Healer at lvl 9999 has as much EHP as a lvl 220 Corrupted Heavy Gunner for reference.

Edited by T-Shark69

35 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

I don't reccomend Inaros to anyone. For a novice player Excalibur Umbra is enough. No novice player is gonna face enemies of such a high enough level that any tank frame will be worth taking. For experienced players, any other tank is better, since they have abilities.

I already provided points on to why Grineer and Corrupted are chosen. No ammount of gimmick abilities will save enemies if they're dead in seconds. An Ancient Healer at lvl 9999 has as much EHP as a lvl 220 Corrupted Heavy Gunner for reference.

I'm laughing too hard. Nothing kills Nidus is a lie. Fire, Toxin,Rad and corruption kills nidus. Nullers murder Nidus. They drain your stacks. Nidus isn't a tank. Without stacks Nidus is weak. You didn't answer my question. Why are there zero sentinent survival runs with Nidus? Sentinent would destroy all Nidus builds. That is why.

I would love to see nidus runs on ODD.

Fun fact: Nidus can actually significantly exceed even Inaros's EHP, thanks to Parasitic Link's damage redirection. I'm also confused by the reasoning given in the OP, since Inaros's armor buff in no way diminishes Nidus's survivability, nor does it make Nidus any less desirable a frame in the circumstances where he shines.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

Fun fact: Nidus can actually significantly exceed even Inaros's EHP, thanks to Parasitic Link's damage redirection. I'm also confused by the reasoning given in the OP, since Inaros's armor buff in no way diminishes Nidus's survivability, nor does it make Nidus any less desirable a frame in the circumstances where he shines.

It's really a case of nitpicking to find any slightest problem with a frame to demand an unnecessary buff/rework/removal.

There's nothing wrong with Nidus except maybe that he needs to snowball in order to become an unkillable god. Inaros is good to go right out the door, but he falls off in effectiveness a lot sooner. If you're running non-endless missions and you just want to turn your brain off while playing, then sure, Inaros is what you want (though you might as well play a press-4-to-win frame in that case).

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

Because there are no survival missions with sentients, you complete and utter idiot. 

Technically you are correct. There are no endless missions with purely Sentient enemies. However, the closest thing we have to that is in Lua, but they spawn every few minutes in very small groups.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

I'm laughing too hard. Nothing kills Nidus is a lie. Fire, Toxin,Rad and corruption kills nidus. Nullers murder Nidus. They drain your stacks. Nidus isn't a tank. Without stacks Nidus is weak. You didn't answer my question. Why are there zero sentinent survival runs with Nidus? Sentinent would destroy all Nidus builds. That is why.

fine then.

name a sentient survival and i'll go do it for ya.

you're also still horribly wrong on Valkyr prime btw.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

the only thing laughable in this thread is the sheer amount of ignorance paired with arrogance you display.it is quite the spectacle. Not a single thing you said is true.

1 - damage types no longer matter. Tenno health is no longer classed as enemy health, therefore multipliers from heat, toxin, rad, etc, DO NOT APPLY ANYMORE. This was changed in Warframe Revised. Those elements deal the same damage as puncture, or cold, or whatever - it does not matter, only the status effect does. And the only super dangerous ones would be viral and magnetic, neither of which you pointed out, you genius 😕

2 - there's one thing that kills nidus. Incompetence. Nothing else in the game is currently able to outdamage your regenerative capabilities. Only your mistakes in using the monster that is Nidus are to blame. Nidus can cheat death several times in a row, so even raw insane burst damage will be resisted into nothing after a couple revives due to adaptation picking it up.

3 - I'm sorry. If you are incapable of avoiding a super visible blue forcefield that anything that isn't a sniper rifle can easily counter is too hard for you, perhaps you should consider playing a different game. Perhaps pong? 

4 - without iron skin, Rhino is weak. Without mesmer skin, revenant is weak. Without riftwalking, limbo is weak. Complaining something is weak because you are not using it to its fullest extent is like saying "S#&$, machine guns suck. I have been blindly shooting 90 degrees away from my targets and they never get hit. S#&$ty gun". So yes, of course nidus isn't super insane at low stacks. That's... The point of stacks, genius. Cumulative bonuses over time. It's just like Nasus from LoL.

5 - what in tarnation does a sentient survival matter for, as a metric??? why the hell do you keep going with the same "pfff i challenge you to do X"? there already are PLENTY of long nidus solo runs on YouTube, some hours long. Which is not a metric to judge a frame's tankyness by. You don't evaluate a frame based on endless runs. You examine it via math, as I have done here before. And the numbers don't freaking lie: You have to try really hard to die as nidus.

for the fourth tine: Learn to play nidus before begging for unnecessary umbra/hp upgrades. Do yourself a favor and spare yourself the embarrassment.

Edited by NovusKnight
  • Like 5

You cant just remove a feature from a frame qnd call him bad. If your allies cant leave stacks  for you thats not an excuse honestly. If they killed everything whats there for you to need the survival  abilities for? Coming from an inaros main who played him for 3 years i admit his abilities are trash all you do is yse your weapons. Nidus is braindead op and sentients aint even a threat no need to piss your pants because a frame got a 25 armor boost

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NovusKnight said:
3 - I'm sorry. If you are incapable of avoiding a super visible blue forcefield that anything that isn't a sniper rifle can easily counter is too hard for you, perhaps you should consider playing a different game. Perhaps pong?

I don't agree with that. Sniper rifles can instantly kill a flying drone, which will permanently disable the nullifier dome.

On 2020-05-19 at 12:23 AM, (PS4)ahmed_09716 said:

You cant just remove a feature from a frame qnd call him bad. If your allies cant leave stacks  for you thats not an excuse honestly. If they killed everything whats there for you to need the survival  abilities for? Coming from an inaros main who played him for 3 years i admit his abilities are trash all you do is yse your weapons. Nidus is braindead op and sentients aint even a threat no need to piss your pants because a frame got a 25 armor boost

I just want to increase Nidus health.  Inaros Prime, I wonder what they'll give him. More armor? More health? Inaros is the next or second next warframe to be Prime. Inaros has same armor as rhino. 

Edited by (PS4)Captain_Bonecold

7 hours ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:
I just want to increase Nidus health. Inaros Prime, I wonder what they'll give him. More armor? More health? Inaros is the next or second next warframe to be Prime. Inaros has same armor as rhino.

More speed and energy pool. I will laugh for a very long time.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Captain_Bonecold said:

I just want to increase Nidus health.  Inaros Prime, I wonder what they'll give him. More armor? More health? Inaros is the next or second next warframe to be Prime. Inaros has same armor as rhino. 

Maybe a unpopular opinion but I really hope they dont increase his hp. Its string enough as is. A buff in base armor would be very nice with its ult usage however

1 hour ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Maybe a unpopular opinion but I really hope they dont increase his hp. Its string enough as is. A buff in base armor would be very nice with its ult usage however

He needs to be reworked into having a reason to use him. Lots of frames dont die now a days but only Inaros doesnt have abilities.

16 minutes ago, T-Shark69 said:

He needs to be reworked into having a reason to use him. Lots of frames dont die now a days but only Inaros doesnt have abilities.

Alas, he has the Wukong problem. Can he survive content? Yep. Does he do anything else? Nope. 

However unlike wu, Inaros has Absolutely bonkers base stats. His abilities also work at a passive level and have self synergies, but they just are too one note and therefore boring at times to use. 

On 2020-05-18 at 3:31 PM, T-Shark69 said: