Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow decorations on rj free flight

In correlation to my other thread railjack is very very soothing in freeflight and I think personally it’d be cool to be able to add your oberter decorations to your rj if you’re not in mission. Or you’re in free flight. I just wanna have my crafted bed made of rugs and posters so I can sit there by the window and gaze into space as me and my tenno doze off and have umbra and my pet as guard dog. Also. It’d be neat if we can have all of our puppers and kitters on ship if not in a mission too. Hey more plat sink and more cosmetics De cmon you know you wanna 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp
  • Like 1

I just want stencils on the inside of the railjack. The Grineer crewships sometimes have spray paint propaganda their walls and I think a Tenno version we could put on the interior of our railjack would be cool. Maybe you could make some available from the Ventkids in Fortuna and give K-drives a purpose.

• Like 2

Honestly, the first day i boarded my railjack I looked for an option to decorate it. I enjoy decorating my orbiter but I was always disappointed nobody could see my ember booty shrine. When I heard that railjack was going to be a multiplayer lander I was excited that I could share my infatuation with others. 

The main issue would be if a squad leader trolls and puts decor to block vision or something of that nature. But I'd think that it would be more of an inconvenience to host than client. Overall, if collision didn't exist on the decor, it would be a lovely addition to make your railjack unique.

1 hour ago, Xaero said:

Dedicated slots for noggles wouldn't hurt even in missions. Something like this:

Yes! I need to decorate my Railjack bridge like a proper space-trucker!

Get my big slobbery Kubro sittin next to me, and sing this song while I haul all over the ether: "I don't care if they're Grineer or Corpus, long as I got my plastic Lotus..."

• Like 2

being able to to decorate the railjack would be nice, but we need a LOT more fixes before we can consider that. they would also have to either restrict placement where the pilot and Nav Console are and such, and right now I don't think the game could handle loading them in when everything esle is going on at the same time. this is basically the very last cherry to put on top of the cake, but it is a very big, very sweet Cherry indeed. 

failing this, DE could make a ton of Grofit offering interior skins for our Railjack and orbiter: I know it's a tennocraft, but why not have a Corpus/Grineer/Infested/Orokin/Sentient Orbiter/Railjack interior? layout would always be the same of course, and it would be recolourable, it's mainly just Textures that would be different. i for one would be SUPER happy with this and would buy ALL the different ones, because I like having all the aesthetics to choose from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)krizalid9999 said:

The railjack is very different from the orbiter. The railjack is not a player hub , it is a battle map. I don't think it should be customizable , or at least it should be restricted.

We are beings of war and destruction I’m pretty sure we didn’t care about fashion frame canonically 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp

5 hours ago, (PS4)krizalid9999 said:

The railjack is very different from the orbiter. The railjack is not a player hub , it is a battle map. I don't think it should be customizable , or at least it should be restricted.

Seriously. Imagine loading into someone's railjack that's loaded with anasa sculptures,noggles and loads of other stuff. It would be a total nightmare for optimization.

If they do add the ability to decorate it should be restrictive like you said. Maybe they could give players to swap out different things in the interior like the consoles for different ones that are corpus or grineer themed or something.

Edited by nickelshark
  • Like 1

Not going to lie, I do want to be able to decorate our RJ with all of our ship decorations we have collected over the years, making it feel more personalised and maybe even have it as our main ship replacing the Liset one day.

But for now why don't we just let DE focus on ironing out the game mode itself, making it fun and then finally integrating it into the main game so its not a vestigial side salad like Archwing. Then we can focus on blinging the inside of our ships up.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

13 hours ago, DogeManX said:

Honestly, the first day i boarded my railjack I looked for an option to decorate it. I enjoy decorating my orbiter but I was always disappointed nobody could see my ember booty shrine. When I heard that railjack was going to be a multiplayer lander I was excited that I could share my infatuation with others. 

The main issue would be if a squad leader trolls and puts decor to block vision or something of that nature. But I'd think that it would be more of an inconvenience to host than client. Overall, if collision didn't exist on the decor, it would be a lovely addition to make your railjack unique.

we can still invite people to our orbiters right?

6 hours ago, (PS4)krizalid9999 said:

agreed as much as I would like it tpo be different I can see an attempt at this causing way more problems than would be worth it.