Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka build

oreom

Question

14 answers to this question

Use a 60% heat or electricity instead of Normal Cryo Rounds, if you are going for eidolon, if you want, go check the damage on eidolons synovias yourself. It is better. Remove some armor with shattering impact to make a more fair test.

Lanka is horrible to use anyway, go for Rubico prime if eidolon hunt, normal missions is also horrible with it, maybe some assassinations type missions are good.

Edited by MPonder

Our Lankas are similar, the only difference I have Speed Trigger instead of Vile Acceleration, and different elements (I'm using it only for Eidolons). If you can spare the mod capacity, I suggest to put Terminal Velocity on the exilus slot. 

If I were you, I'd consider building another Lanka, if you can't equip Primed Cryo Rounds and exilus mods because of the different forma needs of your different builds.

For general use switch to Corrosive, nothing has changed, Viral+Electricity is not going to be better. Even if you use Primed Cryo + 90 it's not gonna beat 2x90 Corrosive. Radiation's only good for specific targets like Eidolons. 

And I for one wouldn't use Vile Acceleration. Speed Trigger is only 100ms slower, which might be considerable if the gun shot straight away the moment it charged. But the way it works is that you have to register that it's fully charged first before you release the trigger. Which means being human you won't be able to take full advantage of that difference, which already is slight. So that way you don't lose any damage, however miniscule the loss might be. But it's just my preference.

As for the Riven - it's a decent one, unless your goal is to use it with Chroma for Eidolon hunts, in which case +Damage becomes rather useless and the +CD alone might not be good enough to beat Vigilante Armaments (possibly). Anyway, I wouldn't bother at all. This game has no challenging content that would require min maxing.

5 hours ago, DarthKadra said:

For general use switch to Corrosive, nothing has changed, Viral+Electricity is not going to be better.

Why is corrosive better? Genuine question, I'm not much of a Warframe pro, viral just seems to be the more efficient choice.

If viral procs, it halves the health of the enemy. But you can't strip armour efficiency with a slow firing weapon like the Lanka. Not to mention, after the status rework, armour reduction is capped at 80%, the buildup is very slow, and the duration isn't infinite anymore. Viral seems better overall, except of course if OP goes against enemies weak against corrosive damage.

• Like 2

That was my understanding too. Has the armor scaling workout resulted in armor far easier to strip than before?

I was wondering if going for something like +element +fire rate be more interesting, coupling it with speed trigger for meme speed.

Btw I'm using the Lanka as it's the riven I got, I only want to bother with one sniper and not in the mood of haggling in trade chat for months.

Edited by oreom
reasons

2 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Why is corrosive better?

It is not. As you already mentioned, Lanka has slow firerate, so status application or armor strip via Corrosive is not optimal. Furthermore, Corrosive is only dealing bonus damage vs ferite armored units, so Bombards, Napalms or even Elite Lancers are mostly unaffected. Viral is a better allrounder agaisnt armored factions and with its occasional proc you deal similar daamge. Furthermore, you get a chacne for an Electric proc and some AoE to clear trash units + CC.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Why is corrosive better? Genuine question, I'm not much of a Warframe pro, viral just seems to be the more efficient choice.

If viral procs, it halves the health of the enemy. But you can't strip armour efficiency with a slow firing weapon like the Lanka. Not to mention, after the status rework, armour reduction is capped at 80%, the buildup is very slow, and the duration isn't infinite anymore. Viral seems better overall, except of course if OP goes against enemies weak against corrosive damage.

Viral doesn't halve health anymore. Corrosive procs are irrelevant.

5 hours ago, ShortCat said:

It is not. As you already mentioned, Lanka has slow firerate, so status application or armor strip via Corrosive is not optimal. Furthermore, Corrosive is only dealing bonus damage vs ferite armored units, so Bombards, Napalms or even Elite Lancers are mostly unaffected. Viral is a better allrounder agaisnt armored factions and with its occasional proc you deal similar daamge. Furthermore, you get a chacne for an Electric proc and some AoE to clear trash units + CC.

With corrosive you'll be doing +75% bonus damage to ferrite armor, when with viral instead it's +75% against cloned flesh, which is health. Against units with ferrite armor corrosive will be a lot better, while performing similarly against armored targets with Alloy armor like Napalms and Bombards (despite the +75% vs their Cloned Flesh you'll be hitting -50% Electricity against Alloy armor). Corrosive always has been and remains the best element in general against armor. As for the procs - occasional corrosive procs aren't worse than occasional AoE/CC procs.

Running Viral+Electricity or the good old Gas+Electricity can work great in specific cases like with Mag's bubble, but against single heavily armored units corrosive will net you more benefit across the board.

Anyway, I wouldn't bother too much, since the game simply has no content where you would feel much difference. Against huge things like the last event's ground boss or Eidolons you'll switch elements as needed, against sortie level enemies it doesn't matter what you use and Lanka's damage is simply overkill. 

13 minutes ago, DarthKadra said:

Viral doesn't halve health anymore. Corrosive procs are irrelevant.

Read up on it, sorry for the wrong info! Now Viral procs seem to amplify your damage against health. This begins at 100%, caps at 325%. I think in the rare cases you'll need to shoot twice, Viral is still better. But Kadra is right, with Lanka you'll rarely need to shoot twice, so elemental weeknesses really seem to be more important.

• Like 1

Armor-class modifiers double dip. It's why adding more Radiation is better than adding Primed Cryo Rounds when Eidolon Hunting. It's a fact that comes up from time to time on forums.

Corrosive and Radiation not only have +75 percent damage bonus to their respective armor types, they also mitigate the armor value by 75 percent. 

At Sortie level, against 6000 ish armor, corrosive does 3x more damage than Viral before any procs against Heavy Gunners, though it will be weaker than Viral against Bombards and Elite Lancers. 

4 hours ago, DarthKadra said:

against single heavily armored units corrosive will net you more benefit across the board.

Corrosive builds absolutely plummet against alloyed armored units, especially on weapons with slow status application, even at moderate levels. Corrosive is now also bad in long runs, since armor removal is capped at 80%. 
For regular content Viral will show more consistent results, while for long runs you pair it with Slash. 

I think if your rolling a riven for any already good weapon... you should try to get more Multishot, This is especially good for Sniper Rifles because of the Shot Combo Counter.... More Mulitshot means reaching your Bonussus in fewer SHots. 

23 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Corrosive builds absolutely plummet against alloyed armored units, especially on weapons with slow status application, even at moderate levels. Corrosive is now also bad in long runs, since armor removal is capped at 80%. 
For regular content Viral will show more consistent results, while for long runs you pair it with Slash. 

If we were talking about some other weapon, which would proc rather often and/or viral were paired with something else to take full advantage of those viral procs - that would be a whole different topic and it's impossible to generalize, you need to be looking at a specific weapon or weapon group with similar stats. For example, I could be comparing viral+something with corrosive+something like slash or heat. So the comparison has to made on a case by case basis. 

There's no reason for Lanka to plummet anywhere since neither alloy armor nor cloned flesh have additional resistance against corrosive. It will not have the bonus against C. Flesh, but that bonus becomes the smaller the more armor the target has, while the Electricity part of the damage will suffer. I didn't go into the details, but I highlighted the words armor and health in my post above. DealerOfAbsolutes added some more info. Damage bonus against armor is a lot more important than damage bonus against health. Of course, corrosive will be outperformed by radiation against those units, but viral has no apparent advantage in the case of Lanka.  As for the units with ferrite armor (which are many) corrosive will be better by far. 

As for long runs, if you're suggesting that Corrosive was better before because you could totally strip armor, it's not completely true and corrosive is in some way in a better place now. Before you could completely strip the target of armor through procs, which would instantly reduce the weapon's damage output by a huge margin because you would lose that damage bonus. Which is why true 100% status chance shotgun builds with corrosive for example were not preferable if the target could survive several shots at which point their armor was gone and you instantly lost a huge chunk of damage against pure health negating all the head start you got at first. [EDIT: I'm talking Ferrite units here, of course.] Viral+Slash has long since been my favourite damage combination, but it and any other combinations are a completely different thing and a different topic. 

On 2020-05-15 at 6:37 PM, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Read up on it, sorry for the wrong info! Now Viral procs seem to amplify your damage against health.

Actually, the new Viral performs a lot better against armor than the old one. With the old one if you had pure viral without anything else you could be shooting a heavily armored target for days as compared to a few shots with corrosive. So viral has only gained in this respect.

Edited by DarthKadra
  • Like 1