Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Is Setting A Dangerous Precedent With The Discontinuation Of Items.

BraveDude8

Snipetron.

Removed from game suddenly, model reused for clantech, Snipetron BP and Snipertron Vandal given in weekend event.

Boar, Machete, Ether Daggers, Gorgon.

Removed from game, albeit not so suddenly. Thanks for the Last Chance, this time.

But you haven't given anyone a reason as to why these weapons are being removed. Is it because they are overshadowed by others?

Boar, Sobek.

Gorgon, Soma.

Ether Daggers, Fang.

Machete, Anything.

Is it because you are going to use their models for clantech?

And are you going to make Wraith variants, that are overpowered, which will be unobtainable for anyone who missed the event? 

The Strun Wraith is *arguably* the best shotgun in the game, and no-one can get it now.

The Snipetron Vandal is also, arguably, the best sniper rifle in the game. Exclude the Lanka, and it is.

We don't want a Gorgon Wraith. We want a reason to use the Gorgon.

We don't want a Boar Wraith. We want a better Boar for everyone.

The event weapons seem to be your tired excuse for buffing a weapon, but only for certain people. I'm still waiting for them to get nerfed, like the Braton Vandal, when enough people complain (correctly) that a weapon that they can't get shouldn't be better than what they CAN get.

Look around the forums. People are cautious about investing time into weapons. Why would they? At any time, DE might release a vastly superior version of it, nullifying the purpose of the original weapon. For an example, take a look at every prime weapon except for the Boar Prime, the Snipetron Vandal (which is unfaithful to Vandal traits, but that's a discussion for another time) and the Strun Wraith.

Thanks for your time.

Don't keep doing this DE.

What about the mastery points for new players joining the game

We can just assume that veteran players will always have one step ahead. But with the release of new weapons, and the mastery lock for weapons being atm mastery 8, there's no issue here.

Edited by matto

I'd like to say it is because as the game has progressed the style has become more developed and that they simply just want to re-visit the older stuff in order to make it better appearance and gamplay-wise.

However, power-creep be power-creepin'.

I do still like the Boar though...

I haven't used any of these weapons apart from the Gorgon. I just built them all yesterday. I'll enjoy them while they last. You shouldn't worry about the loss of Mastery. At high levels, these 4 weapons won't add much to your overall Mastery rank

Seriously, DE, don't remove weapons..

There isn't a single point to it..

Not at all..

Use the Soma, then use the Gorgon. Both have a mastery requirement of 3 and are similarly expensive.

tell me then that the Gorgon has a place in the game.

Use the Soma, then use the Gorgon. Both have a mastery requirement of 3 and are similarly expensive.

Tell me then that the Gorgon has a place in the game.

Alright i will seeing as i have both at rank 30 and forma'ed. Only time i use the soma now is for end-game boss fights or tier 3 runs in the void, otherwise i stick to the gorgon.

Edited by itsJustThomasHD

But is there a reason to? Soma is better.

Preference. That is the only reason i need.

Seriously, DE, don't remove weapons..

There isn't a single point to it..

Not at all..

Disagree.  The amount of redundancy within the current pool of weapons is staggering, and there are now many good examples of weapons that, other than a quick grind to 30 for mastery, will never see the light of day because they vastly overshadowed by the alternatives.  The Rock-Paper-Scissors that once existed in the weapon pool has turned into Igneous/Metamorphic/Sedimentary-Cardboard/Newsprint/Magazine Cover-Pruning Shears/Nose Hair Scissors/Tin Snips... and the more subtle differences are completely negated by the fact that there are several standout weapons in each category.

Disagree.  The amount of redundancy within the current pool of weapons is staggering, and there are now many good examples of weapons that, other than a quick grind to 30 for mastery, will never see the light of day because they vastly overshadowed by the alternatives.  The Rock-Paper-Scissors that once existed in the weapon pool has turned into Igneous/Metamorphic/Sedimentary-Cardboard/Newsprint/Magazine Cover-Pruning Shears/Nose Hair Scissors/Tin Snips... and the more subtle differences are completely negated by the fact that there are several standout weapons in each category.

I would have approved the pruning of more than half the melee weapons to be honest... 1 primary slot, 1 secondary slot, 1 melee slot. Melee weapons are as numerous as primary and secondary added together, and they're mostly just reskins of the same mechanic.

Want to feel even worse? Use the Supra, then use the Soma. Think about how much the Supra cost you to build. Weep quietly in a dark room. 

But is there a reason to? Soma is better.

You're missing the point and so are quite a few people who are justifying the removal of 'old' (machete isn't even that old) weapons.

It's not always about which weapon is better. It's what people like to use. Scindo/Bo aren't that great in comparison to other weapons. I use them still when I'm not levelling other weapons. Why? I enjoy using them.

If everyone uses the 'best' weapon this game becomes dull and more linear than it already is.

DE stated they wanted to add more weapons before adding weapon skins/models for existing weapons, because they wanted more variety. They never ever mentioned removing weapons. Doesn't matter if there's better or if they're not used that much, it's variety and choice and more is better in this game I think. 

Edited by Naith

Do we need to min max?

I enjoy the gorgon, the spread, the size, the feel, it is just awesome overall.

I mean, you're basically saying "Oh, only use the best things" which this game DOESN'T require.

With that logic, why use Hikou? Why use Burston? Why use Amphis, Bo, Scindo, Why even bother with normal broncos?

Instead of removing it why not.....

Balance it

Alright i will seeing as i have both at rank 30 and forma'ed. Only time i use the soma now is for end-game boss fights or tier 3 runs in the void, otherwise i stick to the gorgon.

So a Forma'd Gorgon will get you through everything but end-game bosses and T3's. Sounds rubbish to me. 

There is no instance where I'd rather have a Gorgon. It deals less damage, has a longer reload and spin up, and is much less accurate. 

Gorgon doesn't even come with a polarity.

Actually, Machete is pretty cool, I would actually use it if it wasn't total S#&$.

And I like to have DE explain the reasoning for why they made the Boar Prime that is worse than the Boar, and then remove the Boar.

Boar Prime has Bling. It is immediately top tier.

You're missing the point and so are quite a few people who are justifying the removal of 'old' (machete isn't even that old) weapons.

It's not always about which weapon is better. It's what people like to use. Scindo/Bo aren't that great in comparison to other weapons. I use them still when I'm not levelling other weapons. Why? I enjoy using them.

If everyone uses the 'best' weapon this game becomes dull and more linear than it already is.

DE stated they wanted to add more weapons before adding weapon skins/models for existing weapons, because they wanted more variety. They never ever mentioned removing weapons. Doesn't matter if there's better or if they're not used that much, it's variety and choice and more is better in this game I think. 

I'll definitely give you that...

The current state of difficulty within the game does indeed allow veteran and/or "smart" players to use inferior equipment on most missions.  The only exception worth noting would be Void Defense and ED/Survival with the intent of reaching high time/wave.

My argument is less, "these X weapons should be culled from the game" and more, "why do they exist in the first place?"  If the argument for these weapons is merely that they are liked for their visuals or lesser characteristics, then that could easily be addressed through skinning, rather than flooding the pool with minor variants.

So a Forma'd Gorgon will get you through everything but end-game bosses and T3's. Sounds rubbish to me. 

There is no instance where I'd rather have a Gorgon. It deals less damage, has a longer reload and spin up, and is much less accurate. 

Gorgon doesn't even come with a polarity.

Like i said previously, it's all about preference. Gorgon could take me through a t3 but i choose not to use it during those missions however i use it on any other mission i go on unless i'm using my stalker-calibur to taunt players. Just because the gorgon or any other weapon for that fact isn't the best is not a legitimate reason to remove it nor stop using it. To be honest i love how the gun looks, it's a heavy machine gun. What is the soma? A AK-47 wanna-be and that's so over used that it makes me want to gag. It all boils down to what we WANT to use and what we LIKE to use. Nothing more and nothing less. If you can't understand that then i won't waste anymore of my time explaining it to you.

Edit: Like others have said as well, DE wants more guns added into the game in order to provide variety, well this certainly is not the way of doing it. Removing a few weapons and replacing them with something else might seem logical in their eyes but it's not and tbh most of the newer weapons aren't that aesthetically pleasing in my opinion, but that is MY opinion as others will vary.

if being useless is the point for removing them you can go ahead and remove Volt,Banshee even Loki since barely anyone uses them nowadays and all the weapons that are not Soma/Acrid/Gallatine because anyone barely using other weapons

bottom line

its 12 000 mastery experience points that new players will never get,

weapons should not be removed no matter how useless they might seem to be,

count braton vandal,lato vandal,snipetron,snipetron vandal,strun wraith and its another 15 000 mastery experience points that new player will never get

count excalibur prime,skana prime,lato prime and you have another 9 000 mastery points

thats 36 000 mastery points new players will never get, basically 2+ mastery ranks

imo any of those weapons should be available to new players even if its platinum purchase only with explanation/description that those weapons were rewards for events thats why platinum only weapons

with the ending of founders idk if the prime version of excal,lato and skana will disappear from game or will be reintroduce in another package,

if so, than again  i think they should be available for platinum even if its huge amount of platinum, any new player should have a chance to get them

its not the fault of new player that he didn't know/wasn't introduced the game earlier and by punishing them DE gains nothing.

I sure as hell would be mad as new player that i can't obtain those weapons even if its for mastery points or to feel complete

if being useless is the point for removing them you can go ahead and remove Volt,Banshee even Loki since barely anyone uses them nowadays and all the weapons that are not Soma/Acrid/Gallatine because anyone barely using other weapons

bottom line

its 12 000 mastery experience points that new players will never get,

weapons should not be removed no matter how useless they might seem to be,

count braton vandal,lato vandal,snipetron,snipetron vandal,strun wraith and its another 15 000 mastery experience points that new player will never get

count excalibur prime,skana prime,lato prime and you have another 9 000 mastery points

thats 36 000 mastery points new players will never get, basically 2+ mastery ranks

imo any of those weapons should be available to new players even if its platinum purchase only with explanation/description that those weapons were rewards for events thats why platinum only weapons

with the ending of founders idk if the prime version of excal,lato and skana will disappear from game or will be reintroduce in another package,

if so, than again  i think they should be available for platinum even if its huge amount of platinum, any new player should have a chance to get them

its not the fault of new player that he didn't know/wasn't introduced the game earlier and by punishing them DE gains nothing.

I sure as hell would be mad as new player that i can't obtain those weapons even if its for mastery points or to feel complete

I disagree - I think that all those you listed should be skins.