The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Buff

X7PLVTINUM

First Ability: Tap = What it usually does, Grabs anything in front of it and pulls it towards you

Hold = Grabs any Enemies & Bullets in front of mag, Moving the mouse will also move the enemies with it, Upon releasing it will violently send a shockwave out, Pushing any enemies away & shooting any bullets captured in the opposite direction dealing 100% extra damage. (Does some amount of energy drain the longer it's active, I'm not good with stats on that)

Buff Explanation: Tap will still be the same, 100% extra damage on hold will be increased with strength mods.

Second ability: Stays the same, It's a good one.

Third Ability: Buff it a bit, Will remove 15% of armor/shields, The % increases with strength | % cut in half for Kuva Liches, Bosses, and Zanuka/Stalker/Grustag Three

Buff explanation - Because it will be a % rather than a static number, This ability will start to scale with enemies.

Fourth Ability: Just boring to use. Add a bit of spice to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shocker53 said:

First Ability: Tap = What it usually does, Grabs anything in front of it and pulls it towards you

Hold = Grabs any Enemies & Bullets in front of mag, Moving the mouse will also move the enemies with it,

I will always upvote this.  

(Don't care about the rest though.)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, shocker53 said:

Hold = Grabs any Enemies & Bullets in front of mag, Moving the mouse will also move the enemies with it, Upon releasing it will violently send a shockwave out, Pushing any enemies away & shooting any bullets captured in the opposite direction dealing 100% extra damage. (Does some amount of energy drain the longer it's active, I'm not good with stats on that)

nice! extremly cool idea, matrix style

Just boring to use. Add a bit of spice to it.

well ever since it gave shields back, I found it to have enough spice to be relevant

Buff it a bit, Will remove 15% of armor/shields, The % increases with strength | % cut in half for Kuva Liches, Bosses, and Zanuka/Stalker/Grustag Three

yes it needs a number tweak, 15% is to low in my opinion though, you dont usually go full ham with strength on mag, and even if you would it would barely remove 50% like this.. so I like % but it should be 40% base at least, so even at 200% strengths its "only" 80%.. and many megs go for overextend with no strengths at all where this would result in 16%.. which is really low and gives a nice insentive zto at least build for some strengths.

personally I would just give it 50% base.

Edited by SmokinDice
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Last we heard DE planned to make the “catch bullets and shoot them back” an augment for mag

I mean.. thats cool and all, but with the way the game is balanced currently and enemys having horrendously high hp and armor in comparrison to their damage output (because health and damage sccaling becomes worse and worse over time and needs a complete overhaul), no matter how fun it may be or how awesome it looks and feels, it wont do anything to enemys when fired back and would be totally useless and not worth a mod slot..

11 hours ago, SmokinDice said:

I mean.. thats cool and all, but with the way the game is balanced currently and enemys having horrendously high hp and armor in comparrison to their damage output (because health and damage sccaling becomes worse and worse over time and needs a complete overhaul), no matter how fun it may be or how awesome it looks and feels, it wont do anything to enemys when fired back and would be totally useless and not worth a mod slot..

Assumably there would be a damage multiplier. It was sadly changed a bit ago but the Amalgam Javlok mod had a feature where blocking with a sword and shield would reflect 6000% damage to the enemies. This mod was great, albeit used little, that made reflection damage viable. Give the augment a value over 1000% that scales with strength, or give it a multiplier based on enemy level, or make it apply some sort of cc or debuff. That would make it viable 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Assumably there would be a damage multiplier. It was sadly changed a bit ago but the Amalgam Javlok mod had a feature where blocking with a sword and shield would reflect 6000% damage to the enemies. This mod was great, albeit used little, that made reflection damage viable. Give the augment a value over 1000% that scales with strength, or give it a multiplier based on enemy level, or make it apply some sort of cc or debuff. That would make it viable 

yeah.. but even 1000% would not be nearly enough.. we already can achieve about 1300%  reflect damage on something like chroma.. and even that is laughably damage that does literally nothing.. and I dont see them adding this high a number again. because it just shows how badly designed the current system is...

adding scaling damage would obviously be nice, but there seem to be two fronts about this topic, and I can understand both sides.. side one, flachete orb is amazing now and everyone agrees.. side two, if every ability just scales with content, that what is the point? the dificullty will always be the same..

that beeing said, I think some abilitys just NEED this scaling.. and I think pull becoming push, would benefit greatly from it..

but since even protea did not get it, I dont see this happening to mag anytime soon..

23 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

1000% is chump damage past lvl 100.