The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Broken Codex scans

MaiNeym

Ok guys, just went ahead and re-did The New War in order to confirm some of these new findings/figure out methods on getting some of these scans.

Firstly, the fabled duplicate Vorac Harpi has been confirmed and is obtainable in the Re-Play:

lsEepEL.jpeg

Method to the madness:

PREPARATION: (Very important to set these up BEFORE accepting The New War quest as you cannot change some settings once you're in the quest)

1. Railjack needs to have WEAK WEAPONS. That's right, normally you'd want strong weapons but in this case, the weaker the weapons the better, the enemies are only around lv15~ anyways and when going for scans you dont want to kill these guys.

2. Don't bring a crew or bring the WEAKEST crew you can slot. For the exact same reasons above your crew manning guns and roaming the RJ can kill enemies you are attempting to scan. DONT BRING ANYONE IF POSSIBLE.

3. RJ intrinsic mastery Piloting 10, the blink MAY be required. I've tested it with and without and it is MUCH MUCH easier and if not impossible without this intrinsic.

4. Synthesis scanner on a hotkey can be the difference between timings, it is EXTREMELY tight, I highly recommend doing this.

Now that prep is out of the way,

1. Start The New War and finish up to Veso's Portion.

2. After killing the Jackal in his portion, you can skip through 3 different cutscenes, only the 3rd one matters, and when you hit spacebar on the 3rd cutscene, you basically set up a pause right before going for this scan.

Pre-note and findings: Testing this was EXTREMELY annoying and quite hard, it seems that as soon as the 3rd cutscene from Veso's part ends, 3 Vorac Harpi's spawn and head towards the cluster of Ionyxes that are already present on the map. I could not find ANY way to reliably save the Harpis, I tried shielding em by boosting and taking the shots from the Ionyxes, I tried boosting and using Seeker Volley to kill the enemies fast, I tried boosting close then going out to use my Amesha to slow down enemies. NONE of these worked as I discovered that these Harpis also have a HEALTH DEGEN going off(or Ionyxes have a DoT attack that happen IMMEDIATELY after the mission starts). Either way, this makes this scan INCREDIBLY HARD AND EXTREMELY TIGHT IN TIMING, I cannot stress this enough. If you go for this scan prepare for some really really close calls. But now that we set up a pause point before the mission, and know that a degen is killing these Harpis right away, we can still obtain the scan as long as we're FAST as that's the ONLY thing that matters when I tested all of this.

3. So during the 3rd cutscene, you need to wait about a second to let a portion of the cutscene play(I've found that if you dont allow this 1 second playtime the Ionyxes and Harpis end up spawning LATER or forces YOU to spawn later, killing the Harpis before you get a chance to scan them so this part is important.) then you hit spacebar to get to the skip/pause menu, then hold to skip the cutscene, then the MOMENT you are able to move, IMMEDIATELY double tap Spacebar(you should already be holding this to skip the cutscene) to blink 1000m forward. Then hop off the pilot seat, and IMMEDIATELY exit your RJ. My method to get out the fastest have been to turn around, slide, then roll, then slide and roll again, this is an EXACT amount of movement. Some users may find a faster way eventually, I was not able to use operator mode to get out faster than with this method.

4. Now you're outside, Look to the left(when you get out of your RJ, the orientation can be confusing, you want to look left to see forward). Then IMMEDIATELY bring out your Synthesis Scanner, attempt to scout the 3 Harpis try to scan one of them. That is it. You can potentially get 1 scan from this(impossible to scan 2 but i would be happy to be proven wrong) or 2 if your Synthesis Scanner's double scan procs.

5. Wether you get the scan or not, you now hit ESC and exit the game to go for another attempt/fill out the scans.

Now, the trick that helped me in getting these scans is that you can occasionally(maybe every time), scan the Harpis EVEN AFTER THEY'RE DEAD. For a small amount of time, if you hold your scan over one of the dead Harpis "Ghost corpse" you can still get a scan from it.

Info data regarding the duplicate Harpi entry: Drops the same items, looks exactly the same, requires 5/5 scans to fully scan, difference is the duplicate version doesn't have a listed area regarding where this enemy spawns. The normal version of the codex entry will say Regions: Pluto.

Now, while you're splitting hair over trying to get that scan, you can actually go for another one in this same portion that is much more manageable! After you kill the first 2 sets of sentient fighters, Erra will hit your RJ with 2 dropships(I've tried to get scans of these sentient boarding ships as well but am unable to during this portion) that contains a number enemies, they include:

~6-8 Anu Brachiolyst, 1 Anu Mantalyst, and the Mantalyst will go ahead and summon Anu Interference Drone that you can also scan(as long as the Mantalyst stays alive), proof here(Mantalyst to the right, brachiolyst behind the mantalyst as a green scan, and the interference drone all in one picture):

gmfXKxV.jpg

Again, the easiest way to get these scans is to NOT HAVE CREW(or tactical them to the gunner position so they're less of an obstruction), if they have strong guns they will most likely oneshot these before you can even see them. Also, when Erra starts talking, move to the back of the RJ where the finger is. This will manipulate Teshin ai to go for the back Brachiolysts that spawn while you get to scan the Manta+Interference drone. Note that the Mantalyst will continually spawn interference drones as long as it's alive, so to get the most scans just kill the interference drone after you scan it so the Mantalyst spawns more and try to keep Teshin away from em.

Lastly is the Gyrix during the sun portion/2nd RJ part of The New War. Just reporting findings, it seems that during this portion of the RJ section, you are attacked by 2 groups of sentient fighters. These can apparently all spawn as Gyrix although they have a higher weighting towards spawning as Ioniyxes. I have gotten them to spawn 3 Gyrixes during one attempt in these 2 groups. NO OTHER GROUPS WILL SPAWN GYRIXES PAST THIS POINT. I painstakingly looked at every single spawn each attempt and retried at different portions of this section and only the first 2 packs can seem to spawn Gyrixes. So after scanning these and exiting the game, you will have to replay a longer part of the mission. But we're codex hunters, it's worth the few minutes to replay it right?

f401vjv.jpg

Codex entry for the 3 Anu units are unavailable as although they are scannable, their entries are not in the codex so I am not sure how many scans of each you need although I can confirm that at some point all 3 DO become green scans. Gyrix entry however IS correct and can be obtained, you need 5 total scans to fully scan the Gyrix.

Well that's all the stuff I got from The New War Replay, I'm now looking towards the bugged Thumpers, although since there is only 1 narmer bounty level range I don't know if it's actually possible for them to spawn.

Edited by XxFerdi420xX
  • Like 10

16 hours ago, XxFerdi420xX said:

Ok guys, just went ahead and re-did The New War in order to confirm some of these new findings/figure out methods on getting some of these scans.

Simaris would be proud of the research :p Thanks for sharing.
Even though everyone can scan the Vorac Harpi duplicate, Gyrix and Ionyx. I'd say that still counts as a bug, especially the harpi. So I'm leaving them on the list for now.

7 hours ago, Momoque2 said:

and the thermal sludge cannister is in the codex

https://imgur.com/a/5Bk8tPK

Removed, thanks.
Also finally added Narmer Thumper and Narmer Thumper Bull. Tried switching between different bounties and roaming. But no success. Google didn't show much either.

• Like 2

NARMER COILDRIVES are now roaming around in Narmer bounties, they look and have the exact same name as the coildrive you have to defend, but they have seperate entries. Again, you CANNOT see this narmer coildrive codex anywhere, but again, I can confirm the scan eventually goes green, I want to say either 15 or 20 scans. Easiest way to get the scan is just keeping an eye out during the bounties, otherwise, you can abuse the bounty where you have to stand still and collect information pods or w/e. Just keep killing the enemies and letting coildrives spawn while you never finish the bounty. This bounty mission is also good for letting the Narmer enemies spawn up to 4 wanted level beacons so if you wanted to get other scans you can combo it while doing this.

@Momoque2 It seems you were still looking for both Jackal Eximus as well as Deimos Jugulus Eximus. Well tbh, I'm still 2/3 on Jackal Eximus, that thing's a damn unicorn, I've tried Voltage's strat and all kinds of other strats, its just random and you just have to really REALLY lucky. I've gotten 1 that I can't remember how I spawned, and I've gotten one from a 4 canister 4 man thermia fracture random spawn.

As far as Deimos Jugulus Eximus though, you can AT LEAST force it to spawn, I've detailed the method in Voltage's own thread here:

• Like 3

Got some codex scans that i haven't seen here that don't appear in the codex:

Excalibur umbra in the sacrifice quest (Note each appearance is its own codex scan so 1 umbra isnt the same as the next one)

Eradiclyst from Octavia's anthem

Sanctuarary allies from the final stage of Octavia's anthem

Hunhow in Octavia's anthem

Not sure if they have been documented yet, but you can scan them

• Like 3

Updated the "missing codex scans" with info from the comments above.

• Narmer Coildrive has 2 seperate scans. 
  • Excalibur Umbra, Eradicysts, Sanctuary Allies and Hunhow from quests. (I haven't checked these myself for a screenshot though)
Edited by MaiNeym

49 minutes ago, Jivy said:

New broken codex: Electroprod & old Tyl Regor (will post video in a few hours)

I saw your post on reddit. I think it's better to make a seperate bugreport for that. Since it wouldn't make much sense to add this placeholder boss to the codex. But they would rather have to fix the host migration from spawning it.
Interesting bug though :)

• Like 1

On 2022-03-04 at 1:58 AM, MaiNeym said:

I saw your post on reddit. I think it's better to make a seperate bugreport for that. Since it wouldn't make much sense to add this placeholder boss to the codex. But they would rather have to fix the host migration from spawning it.
Interesting bug though :)

if you want, i can DM you the video showcasing them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Never heard of this enemy and a search on Bing doesn't show a wiki page for this.

*Eradicysts
From the wiki: "In this second stage, Sentient avatars called Eradicysts will spawn, attacking players with ranged projectiles, and preventing players from activating musical notes if they're hovering over one."

I haven't checked it myself. I'm not really interested in those missing scans and also busy atm, so not planning to replay quests anytime soon. If someone has a screenshot (preferably that shows you can scan it), then I'll add the 'confirmed' checkmark though.

3 hours ago, Jivy said:

if you want, i can DM you the video showcasing them

If you have a link ready, then sure. But don't feel forced to spend time on it.
To get it actually fixed, you'd need to make a bugreport though :)

• 1 month later...
On 2022-03-06 at 6:04 PM, MaiNeym said:

I haven't checked it myself. I'm not really interested in those missing scans and also busy atm, so not planning to replay quests anytime soon. If someone has a screenshot (preferably that shows you can scan it), then I'll add the 'confirmed' checkmark though.

You don't need to replay the quest - you can replay the last stage directly by visiting Suda.

Linking the images directly (even thumbnails) is failing for me, so I'm just going to include links:

Scanning Hunhow: https://ibb.co/3mTV0nH

Scanning Eradicyst: https://ibb.co/vhnNDhz

Scanning Sanctuary Corrupted Gunner: https://ibb.co/HTGwHHN

There are some other sanctuary allies, but they're annoyingly hard to scan as they tend to spawn far away and die really quickly (partly because they're prone to falling off the small platforms)

• Like 2

В 19.04.2022 в 02:58, drnlmza сказал:

You don't need to replay the quest - you can replay the last stage directly by visiting Suda.

Linking the images directly (even thumbnails) is failing for me, so I'm just going to include links:

Scanning Hunhow: https://ibb.co/3mTV0nH

Scanning Eradicyst: https://ibb.co/vhnNDhz

Scanning Sanctuary Corrupted Gunner: https://ibb.co/HTGwHHN

There are some other sanctuary allies, but they're annoyingly hard to scan as they tend to spawn far away and die really quickly (partly because they're prone to falling off the small platforms)

any visible entries in codex? Cant Find

A couple more scannable things that I can't find in the codex.

The spawn pod from killing an Undying Flyer is scannable as "Infested spawn pod" (It required significantly more scans than the flyer to turn fully scanned for me). infestedspawnpod.jpgFull sized image: https://ibb.co/CVY61v0 

The maggots created by the Predasite mod "Volatile Parasite" are scannable as "Predasite Maggot"

predasitemaggot.jpg

Full sized image: https://ibb.co/ZSJgZtk

• Like 2

Hey is there a way to scan the Choralyst? I got 1/5 scans. I think I scanned it during the Scarlet Spear Event and the enemy who spawns them are in the Railjack Orphix missions too but when I scan them they look green for me and if I scan them it doesnt work even with the Ballistica Prime. Has someone any advice?

1 minute ago, ThatGermanBoy said:

Hey is there a way to scan the Choralyst? I got 1/5 scans. I think I scanned it during the Scarlet Spear Event and the enemy who spawns them are in the Railjack Orphix missions too but when I scan them they look green for me and if I scan them it doesnt work even with the Ballistica Prime. Has someone any advice?

I think the one that spawns in the new war is a dif version of it

On 2022-04-19 at 12:58 AM, drnlmza said:

Thanks for the effort as well as the tip to visit suda for easy access to this stage.
Added: Hunhow, Eradicyst, Sanctuary Corrupted Gunner/ Lancer / Crewman / Moa, Infested spawn pod, Predasite Maggot

On 2022-04-24 at 11:19 AM, ThatGermanBoy said:

I tried getting additional scans, but scanning them didn't increase the codex scans for me either.
Added "Choralyst" to the list as bug.

• Like 2