Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Partner and Fansite Programs: A New Chapter

[DE]Taylor

Take some of the most individualistic people you've ever met, theyr'e always going on about their individual freedom to do and say what they like free from interference. Those very same people are now telling other people that they shouldn't be expressing their individual suffering/grief/sympathy/whatever, that if they're going to express it, they have to do it collectively on behalf of everyone. All you'd be able to think is "what #*!%ing hypocrites".

How much of a narcissist do you have to be to insist on your own freedom of individual expression and then turn around and deny others theirs?

translate to english

I think the healthiest thing would be to block the subject at this point, since people are speaking improper things and that creates conflicts.

traducción al español (original)

Creo que lo mas sano seria bloquear el tema en este punto, ya que la gente esta hablando cosas indebidas y eso crea conflictos.

translate to english

well, we have to calm down now, there really are many problems in the world to alleviate in a forum of a game in which things about the game should only be discussed.

traducción al español (original)

bueno, hay que calmarnos ya, de verdad hay muchos problemas en el mundo como para paliar en un foro de un juego en el que se debería hablar cosas del juego nada mas.

4 minutes ago, DestroyerF5 said:

Friend, I think I did not understand you well, but can you tell me if I am wrong, but because people name other blacks or whites? They are people on the inside, they have the same system, that is, stop saying or qualifying by names or sexual orientation. people, in the end you do not care if they are of another color or are of different orientations, because they are people they have life, that is, stop talking nonsense, and go and think that we are all human no matter what.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying or how it relates to what I said, but I agree with whatever good intentions you have expressed ;-).

4 hours ago, Neo_182 said:

I'm here to have fun man, when the f did this game and everything associated to it become such a chore and headache? 

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

PS:
Apologies for derailing but how the f else were we supposed to get these points and comments to you when you just keep hiding or removing them?

I agree all the active moderation makes it pretty hard to read the thread without using archives as a companion. Having to piece together the thread history from three or four different sites is more than most people will bother with, and I don't blame them.

Something to keep in mind is that staff (or at least the moderators) do probably read the posts before taking actions on them, and I will just suggest that there is a non-zero chance certain posts are a topic of lengthy discussion in places normal users don't see.

41 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

Responding to people who have quoted me in the forum topic just as I have done for over 7 years or my time within this game community. I have always taken the time to try and respond to everyone and as such I believe the personal relationship I have between so many in this community is coming out and being reflected as others notice what has happened. Regardless of whether people agree with my personal statements is not the issue at hand here.

Steve's tweet and the surrounding context is something I think got by nearly all of us in this whole mess. Until it popped up in discussion videos, I wouldn't have known about it.

The Creative Director of a major game title was on twitter, lashing out at a content creator and player, for cheap dunks. It was one of the most petty and childish things I've ever seen a major studio name do, right up their with the antics of Cliffy B and Randy Pitchford.

We're talking about a dude who, in recent times, has had the gall to (1) say that Rahetalius was making "personal attacks against my team" and then (2) turn right around to try dunking on one of the oldest names in this community. I'm still kinda stunned about it, honestly.

Lol, is this the same Steve you lot admired because he shoots from the hip, doesn't have much of a filter and is a blokey, jokey, non-pc, irreverent guy on streams? Now that his unfiltered, shooting from the hip has resulted in something you don't like, it's suddenly outrageous that he's not always professional.

I'm dying from laughter. Some pretty fragile egos here.

2 minutes ago, schilds said:

Lol, is this the same Steve you lot admired because he shoots from the hip, doesn't have much of a filter and is a blokey, jokey, non-pc, irreverant guy on streams? Now that his unfiltered, shooting from the hip has resulted in something you don't like, it's suddenly outrageous that he's not always professional.

I'm dying from laughter. Some pretty fragile egos here.

You can like someone based on what you know about their history and still criticize them for something you think was out of line. People can disagree and remain friends. 

It sounds like you practice a different system.

2 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

You can like someone based on what you know about their history and still criticize them for something you think was out of line. People can disagree and remain friends. 

It sounds like you practice a different system.

lol

Back on topic the current partner program has been shut down and needed to be for a very long time. In all honesty once Drew was removed from the person in charge of the program it all spiraled down out of control. The bigger issue now is the new creator program being put together with all this vague information in the main post.

Without a doubt there is at least 1 person the community is looking at to see how it gets handled. Depending on how that person/s is handled will directly impact the game as a whole going forward. I am watching a Change.org petition that was started a couple days ago and currently over 3400 signatures in an effort to show how much the community does not want the person/s around the community anymore. 

What has happened to several people in the past who did not openly agree with this game development and now what has recently happened on a political related targeting, having nothing to do with the game itself is just the start of something much bigger. This is now a critical point for the game and its future. Recent choices have more than backfired on them and will continue to do so based on the decisions constantly being made. Games do not survive alienating the player base who financially support its existence. 

I find this would be very hard to lock considering the moment they do, a new outrage will happen talking about how DE is censoring everyone by not allowing them to post their opinion. You really think people will be fine just waiting for the actual result without screaming bloody murder? Here, on the forum? I really doubt it.There's really no winning this, so maybe just wait for it to calm down instead.

7 hours ago, DogManDan said:

Back on topic the current partner program has been shut down and needed to be for a very long time. In all honesty once Drew was removed from the person in charge of the program it all spiraled down out of control. The bigger issue now is the new creator program being put together with all this vague information in the main post.

Without a doubt there is at least 1 person the community is looking at to see how it gets handled. Depending on how that person/s is handled will directly impact the game as a whole going forward. I am watching a Change.org petition that was started a couple days ago and currently over 3400 signatures in an effort to show how much the community does not want the person/s around the community anymore. 

What has happened to several people in the past who did not openly agree with this game development and now what has recently happened on a political related targeting, having nothing to do with the game itself is just the start of something much bigger. This is now a critical point for the game and its future. Recent choices have more than backfired on them and will continue to do so based on the decisions constantly being made. Games do not survive alienating the player base who financially support its existence. 

I just wanted to say irrespective of whatever you posted on twitter and the response given which highlights a complete double standard on conduct (he who shall not be named), you are acting very mature and level headed here.

I know it's probably not much of a consolation but I thought someone should at least point it out. After all if the same actions had been taken against a certain somebody, a childish entitled rant would most likely still be ongoing.

That being said I can only hope a certain individual could also be mature and respectable on twitter, with more appropriate posts for a man of his position.

hace 8 horas, DogManDan dijo:

Thak you for share this, and agree with big part of what you say. 

And like you say this is a moment really important for the future, so IMO, i think personals revenges, and mistakes of the past, need to be remember but not be a stone that make fall something that still not even born. 

We need judge the new program in base of what the new program offer, again only IMO. 

Good luck in your journey, hope you try to understand fix your problem with DE and not with the public opinion and maybe one day in the future if you want return to be part of this community with their good and bad things, outside that have a good travel and enjoy all that you can. 

Locking this thread as unfortunately the discussion has gotten off-topic. 

Thank you to everyone who voiced their feedback, questions, or concerns in a constructive manner. I know that conduct especially is a concern for some of you who commented here, and as we indicated in our FAQ and post, we have much clearer internal guidelines to ensure these concerns are handled swiftly and fairly.

What matters are the steps we take towards launch, and the ones following it as well. We are considering the discussions had here and elsewhere as we move forward.

With that all said, we can't wait to expand our support to the amazing variety of content creators in our community with the help of our new Creator Program soon!

Archived